Anna Pogorilaya | Page 110 | Golden Skate

Anna Pogorilaya

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Anna has left Tsareva. Her new coach is Victoria Butsaeva (Volchkova). She will miss Kazan so no nationals for her this year but they may try for Cup V in Moscow or later international events.
https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1068456562.html

Tsareva confirms Anna and her have ceased cooperation https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1068457033.html

I was going to post something celebratory, but realised that that would be in poor taste.

My first thought was "isn't Volchkova a bit young to be taking on somebody of Anna's experience". But then I looked her up and saw that it is over a decade since she retired from competition, and she has been coaching that whole time. So, she is not short of experience at coaching.

As you may have guessed from that last paragraph, I am not familiar with her coaching career. And looking through her fskate.ru Bio, there aren't too many names that I recognise amongst her current and former students (although, the few that I did recognise were pretty good! ;) ) So, I don't know what sort of mark her coaching would have on Anna. But, I hope she can make a positive impact on her.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST FOR THIS NEW PARTNERSHIP, ANNA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Wow. I guess it is too late by now, and if I'm being honest I don't see a comeback happening, but never say never. I want to see Anna skate. Big time coach or not.

pandatours

On the Ice
Two months ago she told Golden Skate she didn’t consider switching coaches and could never tolerate another coach so this change is quite surprising.

I don’t know if a full comeback such as being on the Worlds podium again is likely. But when she’s on, she’s on and I think if she works hard she will stay competitiveish. Yes, the new quad squad guard is rising very fast. And yet, I don’t think we can count Anna out

nipman

On the Ice
I know this is insane but why doesn't she sit out this season and switch country to have more chances at NationalChamps/EC/WC?

ejnsofi

Final Flight
I know this is insane but why doesn't she sit out this season and switch country to have more chances at NationalChamps/EC/WC?

It was already discussed more times than necessary...
She would lose financial support of RusFed and I don't know if she has any sponsors. I doubt she would be able to afford training in Russia only using money from ice shows. Besides it isn't only about training but also about medical support or resources. Also support from big fed is sometimes crucial in judging (more pcs, overlooked URs etc.). Her changing feds wouldn't really help her.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Thank you for the information... I want to be happy for that but something tell me that she won't compete with the change of the coachs

Well, will have to wait and see how it goes.

By the way, assuming that she would not only skate at Golden Spin but would skate great then, in theory, she could receive an invitee to skate at the Nationals. It is unlikely to happen though but these kind of things do happen, albeit we can see a skater getting an invitee more often in junior nationals than in senior nationals.

Artemisa

Final Flight
Well, will have to wait and see how it goes.

By the way, assuming that she would not only skate at Golden Spin but would skate great then, in theory, she could receive an invitee to skate at the Nationals. It is unlikely to happen though but these kind of things do happen, albeit we can see a skater getting an invitee more often in junior nationals than in senior nationals.

That's a possibility ... But first she has to skate

Mihneamar31

Spectator
It doesn't look good, indeed. It's sad because this year the senior field doesn't seem to be especially strong, it will get much stronger soon..
Do you think that... you know, Anna Tsareva kicked her out? I do not want to be mean or rude, of course, maybe this was not the case, but does anyone else believe in this?

Scott512

Record Breaker
It doesn't look good, indeed. It's sad because this year the senior field doesn't seem to be especially strong, it will get much stronger soon..

I look at it this way the Russian ladies senior field is strong in 2018 but will be even stronger in 2019 when the Juniors turn senior.

I am glad Anna is working with Viktoria Volchkova. VV transitioned from a successful skating career into the coaching world and I think she has her own family too she will be a very good example for Anna personally and help her skating too.

DenissVFan

Medalist
What's going on in Anna's IG story? I figured out it's about rudeness and hate but who is the other person?

Mihneamar31

Spectator
Hi. There is this video on YouTube with Anna: https://youtu.be/4PeQELAL75A. Of course, I can not understand anything. So, I was wondering, is here anyone who speaks/understands Russian and would like to tell me what she sad. Is she saying anything about her career, or her return, hopefully? Thanks.