Anna Shcherbakova | Page 118 | Golden Skate

Anna Shcherbakova

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
It’s obvious to me that the judges who did this cannot imagine what the word means. I can well assume that there may be some difference of opinion regarding the interpretation and presentation of the program, BUT transitions are what you cannot come up with. They are either there or they are not. These judges are either completely incompetent or intentionally biased. This is one of two things. What happened is a crime. It is very sad that Anna suffered from this. Good luck to Anna in the FP, she can be sure only that her talent already lives in the hearts of fans of figure skating. Do it tomorrow for yourself and for us.

Exactly. Transitions aren't a subjective judging point. Like you said, transitions are there or they aren't. I'm livid.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
When I saw the score before seeing the performance I assumed she'd messed up her combo, but then I watched the program and she was gorgeous. Very confused by the scores, but hopefully this will motivate her for the fp

Hard to get motivated when you know that whatever best you can do, somebody else will just get you down.

karina17

Final Flight
Today, Anna:

- Won her first international senior competition.
- Skated clean.
- Landed her 4Lz cleanly for the first time internationally.
- Became the first senior lady to land a 4Lz (and the second senior lady to land a quad).
- Came back after being shockingly underscored in the short program - they gave her a 67 and she gave them a beautiful quad lutz in return.
- Did you guys hear that audience reaction?!

All that in four minutes of work! Brilliant skate by Anna, congratulations to her!

moonstruck

On the Ice
Congrats Anna!! :clap: I'm so happy she was able to deliver a great skate even when she must have been feeling discouraged after yesterday. what a start for her first senior season!

that hug with her and Daniil after her skate also was sweet, you could see how proud he is of her.

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
Nerves of steel, but also legs of steel.

Congrats on your first senior gold Anna:dance:

Also, first senior lady 4Lz, no biggie:handw:

karina17

Final Flight
Today, Anna:

- Won her first international senior competition.
- Skated clean.
- Landed her 4Lz cleanly for the first time internationally.
- Became the first senior lady to land a 4Lz (and the second senior lady to land a quad).
- Came back after being shockingly underscored in the short program - they gave her a 67 and she gave them a beautiful quad lutz in return.
- Did you guys hear that audience reaction?!

All that in four minutes of work! Brilliant skate by Anna, congratulations to her!

Oh, I forgot one - she also won a special award for the best component score in ladies. Anna Grandolfi award, if I'm not mistaken.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
My first time in Anna's FF.

Congratulations to "The Firebird"

Anna now joins Lil' Bet in the Senior Ladies "Quad Club"
And she fought like a warrior for the landings on her last 2 "3-3" combos.
And no under-rotations.

Fantastic.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
The Fairy has grown into a fierce Firebird for sure, though one that smiles kindly and pleasantly.

Thanks to the camerawork and the clean background of the rink this routine from Anna was a feast for our eyes.
The front of her bodice with the firebird embroidery that appeared could now be admired in close up.

The golden butterflies on her lilac dress, where did they go?

Very ingenious design, this costume. Is it by Olga Ryabenko?

karina17

Final Flight
The front of her bodice with the firebird embroidery, the golden butterflies on her lilac dress, where did they go?
Very ingenious design, this costume. Is it by Olga Ryabenko?

No, Milena Bobkova. She did some of Mao Asada's costumes. She also designed Evgenia and Kamila's Exogenesis costumes.

Olga Ryabenko did Anna's SP dress, though.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Anya, congratulations for your first senior win and the first 4Lz landed by a senior lady :love: I am so happy, she truly deserved this :clap:

First of all, Anya's skate was just magical, she makes you enter a totally different world with this program, she is charming and expressive, and her musicality is highlighted so beautiful by it! And that 4Lz, wow! What a beauty! Judges underscored her yesterday, and yet she found only motivation and grit in this , enough to land the first 4Lz completed by a lady in a senior competition. I am so proud of her, and she looked so happy and relaxed during the medals ceremony! And this is just the beginning, her PCS will surely rise from this level (low 8s today), the judges are starting to know her and acknowledge her power.