Artur Danielian | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Artur Danielian

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Medvedeva: "The most important thing is that Danielian continued to skate and fight"

Two-time Olympic silver medalist Evgenia Medvedeva commented on the performance of the Russian figure skater Artur Danielian in the free program at the Grand Prix in Las Vegas.

“Today was much cleaner than yesterday. It is not unmistakable, but delightful to see Artur happy. This is his first stage of the "Grand Prix" in life, - said Medvedeva on Channel One.

- It's so nice to hear the applause of real spectators. There was one gross mistake - a fall from a quadruple salchow, a slightly less gross mistake - from a triple axel, a step-out. Most importantly, he continued to skate and fight."

noeleyle

On the Ice
I'm definitely going to follow Artur this season for his wonderful SP. Although ... I kind of wish he could change the costume ... This one is not even as good as the old one :(
The FP costume is nice.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
((Artur))

So far he is Rus #13, up from 14. No World ranking points so far. So definitely as it stands, we will not see him on the Grand Prix next season.

Last chance for a higher SB and WR points is in Zagreb! Godspeed 🍀 Maybe there will be a feed this time 🤞Top10 in such a field would be great! I'm counting 9 guys there who may not be passable in his current form, sadly. Top 8 gets WR points.

P.S. I definitely prefer his pants from his Spiderman costume, but the current shirt from this season. His pants moves and bunches not in a good way 😐

ALSO............................OMG, he went back to Edea 🤣 I hope they work out better for him this time 🤞

ewdokia

On the Ice
((Artur))

So far he is Rus #13, up from 14. No World ranking points so far. So definitely as it stands, we will not see him on the Grand Prix next season.

Last chance for a higher SB and WR points is in Zagreb! Godspeed 🍀 Maybe there will be a feed this time 🤞Top10 in such a field would be great! I'm counting 9 guys there who may not be passable in his current form, sadly. Top 8 gets WR points.

P.S. I definitely prefer his pants from his Spiderman costume, but the current shirt from this season. His pants moves and bunches not in a good way 😐

ALSO............................OMG, he went back to Edea 🤣 I hope they work out better for him this time 🤞
That’s what I too fear very much. And no GP next season will mean he will also be in 2nd row for a spot for challengers as well, so chances for getting a spot on the GP circuit again will be even worse. 😢

About the boots – he changed boots between both GP? This might have also played a role to hamper progress. I really hope this is not related to problems with his foot and that the mistakes we’ve seen are also related to lack of competition experience. I wish Artur had a chance to skate some little competition between the GPs. The other Russian men who didn’t have to sit out an entire season to start with have already skated 3-4 comps this year, for Artur this was just his 2nd comp of the season. Not sure if this is a wise strategy. He seems so nervy at competition. I wonder how he skated in practice.

I somehow start feeling that with his recovery taking so very long he and his team might better have thought of skipping another season and then skating for Armenia. If Artur will not get a GP next season, he will be done for RF. :(

Btw the components he received in the SP again really bothered me, as despite the mistake he sold the program really well.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
One year is for the ISU. Federations have their own release rules. The sit out period for Artur would be 2+ years if not an indefinite hold. He is looking at a release of 2024-25 and that's only if he asks at the end of the season and the Fed agrees. This news on the change in rules for transitions came from the RusFed last year. I never seen anywhere from the ISU that states the Federations are required to release a skater after xx amount of time so this could be an indefinite hold. Also when was the last time Russia released a (senior) E/O/W medalist? For Russia, skaters of such status usually struggle on or retire. And this does not even touch on the potential financial aspect.

Also Erokhov earned a challenger event this year, while not having a GP, so all it seems you have to do is skate well at your Cup events. Artur's inconsistencies and nerves are not new to this season. He usually makes no less than 3 errors per competition and for the most part this prevents him from scoring high enough to get a GP. Even at Euros he made 3 errors. For me, he's not far from normal. Presentation is worse. And I hope he never follows Mozalev again. For transitions and choreo, their programs are night and day and does not favor Artur 😑 And for some reason, the ISU commentator wants to discuss sports psychology after Artur's skate 😶

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
One year is for the ISU. Federations have their own release rules. The sit out period for Artur would be 2+ years if not an indefinite hold. He is looking at a release of 2024-25 and that's only if he asks at the end of the season and the Fed agrees. This news on the change in rules for transitions came from the RusFed last year. I never seen anywhere from the ISU that states the Federations are required to release a skater after xx amount of time so this could be an indefinite hold. Also when was the last time Russia released a (senior) E/O/W medalist? For Russia, skaters of such status usually struggle on or retire. And this does not even touch on the potential financial aspect.

Also Erokhov earned a challenger event this year, while not having a GP, so all it seems you have to do is skate well at your Cup events. Artur's inconsistencies and nerves are not new to this season. He usually makes no less than 3 errors per competition and for the most part this prevents him from scoring high enough to get a GP. Even at Euros he made 3 errors. For me, he's not far from normal. Presentation is worse. And I hope he never follows Mozalev again. For transitions and choreo, their programs are night and day and does not favor Artur 😑 And for some reason, the ISU commentator wants to discuss sports psychology after Artur's skate 😶
I have read a recent RusFed rule of 2 years for members of National Team and 18 months for Reserve Team if I remember correctly, was this rule changed?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well something like that but they can hold you for however long they see fit. There was nothing in the press release that said if you sit out for X years they would release you. If there's no guarantee, how many will take the risk? Like I said, they don't have a history of releasing E/O/W medalists since this rule of holding skaters came into effect about 20+ years ago. The move to represent Armenia should have been made when Artur was 11 or 12, not now after winning ISU medals and being on the national team for 6 years.

Not to mention they have or are trying to pass a rule in, I believe, the Sports Ministry that says if you switch countries you need to pay back the money they invested in you while on the national team. And the fact that he had surgery in Germany, I could only image what that bill would look like. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens behind the scenes of a lot of country switches. Massot/Germany vs French Fed was the first I had heard of repayment for what a Fed sees as a loss of their investment. So Russia asking Armenia/Artur to pay back money would not surprise me. If asked, can they pay it?

Then the question of who is going to pay for his coaching, ice, travel cost, etc? Not to mention that Slavik gave an interview were he said they (Armenians) were at a disadvantage score wise because Armenia has no judge. So there goes your politics. What does his scores look like without the RUS flag behind his name and with his inconsistency? I re-read an old interview of Eteri and she laughed when the interviewer said that skaters components from the smaller feds are underscored by 5 points. She said it's more than that......

If it was so easy to switch, more RUS skaters would do it but they don't.

But it doesn't hurt to dream that your fav skaters have that option.

I think Artur can succeed eventually for Russia. He is only 17, he still has time. Main thing is to try and preserve his health (physically and mentally).

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Yes, Armenia's skaters get buried and nobody's going to release Artur anyway. I just hope Artur's foot fully recovers. Before SA he talked about still often being in pain.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Artur has withdrawn from GoldenSpin.

And of course they are not going to release Artur.........no one in the Fed is that stupid.

ETA: So as of now, he will enter 2022-23 with no WR points, season's best of 221.50, Russia #13 (at best). Ah, next season we must start from scratch. C'est la vie. He at least has all his minimums until the end of 22-23 season. There are Senior Bs in the Winter and Spring so he can still theoretically earn WR points if he wants.

Last edited:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker

And of course they are not going to release Artur.........no one in the Fed is that stupid.

ETA: So as of now, he will enter 2022-23 with no WR points, season's best of 221.50, Russia #13 (at best). Ah, next season we must start from scratch. C'est la vie. He at least has all his minimums until the end of 22-23 season. There are Senior Bs in the Winter and Spring so he can still theoretically earn WR points if he wants.
Yes but without any GP or great championships assignment he can't earn a lot, only 2 Challengers or International Comps can count every year and 4 in the whole ranking score IIRC? A theoretical maximum of 1200 with 4 Challenger Golds which is virtually unreachable. This being said if he can get a Challenger assignment and win it he'll be considered for a GP replacement.

ewdokia

On the Ice
I didn't have in mind him switching now when he already competed in the GP, but that he and his coaching team might have considered it in spring, when it was apparent that he will still need a lot of time for recovery. His last event that time was Euros 2020. And please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a rule that a country has to realease you to skate for another country if you have citizenship of that country? I think it might be quite easy for Artur to get Armenian Citizenship. :wink: With that I thought the maximum period he would have had to sit out would have been 2 years. But maybe I mix this exception with the citizenship up with something else?

Anyone knows the reason why Artur withdraw? I very much hope the reason is that he and his coaching team decided that they will give him more time to prepare for RN. But then it's a vicious circle --> lack of preparation --> lack of competitions --> nerves --> bad results. So honestly speaking I wonder how Artur will compete at RN with having skated just 2 international events before that. Still I hope it's not health problems, cause that would worry me most. A long time has passed by since Artur's surgery, if everything was done well, he should be able skate without limitations at this point?

About the Challengers - RF as a rule at first hands over Challenger spots to skaters who are in the National team and / or have qualified for the GP. Only if there are some withdrawals, others might get a chance. So if no miracle happens it will be very difficult for Atur to get back on the international scene. This even with making full recovery and perfect health. Funding might also start to become a problem for Artur? :scratch2:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes but without any GP or great championships assignment he can't earn a lot, only 2 Challengers or International Comps can count every year and 4 in the whole ranking score IIRC? A theoretical maximum of 1200 with 4 Challenger Golds which is virtually unreachable. This being said if he can get a Challenger assignment and win it he'll be considered for a GP replacement.

Something is always better than ZERO. In any event, he may not have any money to pay for Challengers/Senior Bs if he isn't on the national team, cause at that point it's "pay at your own expense" unless the Moscow fed or CSKA steps in, so he may be at zero for a while.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
AD BD.png

Today is Artur's 18th birthday 🎉1️⃣8️⃣🍰 Let us remember his best skate from this season and go into next week with positive energy!!!

Here is the earliest video of him skating. Just a baby then, so cute!!!

Artur's instastories: https://www.instagram.com/stories/artur.danielianoff/2730504627029095388/

Mark's Instatories 🤣🤣👯‍♂️

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Artur Danielian
- There was a smile of regret and bewilderment why I made this mistake. It was my first time with two quads in a short program, and I overdid it with tightness. You can't make such gross mistakes at the Russian championship, it's worse than a fall. I came to fight myself. This season did not show outstanding rentals. The Russian Championship should be the starting point to show your level. I'm not talking about the injury anymore. Nothing worries me.

1640270469729.png

SP Fancam

SP broadcast

ETA: I like the facial hair, he should keep it 💕

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As a fan, I'm slightly bitter because I feel like if he had just done the layout of his SP like at Euros and performed it cleanly, he would have been where Gumennik is 😑 Good luck to him tomorrow, the standings are tight! Lots of movement can happen in either direction.

ETA: I just watched from the broadcast. Does he seem a bit slow/cautious? It seems like he only came alive during the steps but the rest was cautious and slow. The quad sal is a little suspect but the skate was better jump-wise than at the GP! I'm happy for him. He smiled!

Last edited: