Artur Danielian | Page 32 | Golden Skate

Artur Danielian

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Artur on 13th place. He exceeded my expectations which is great 😊! Overall not bad just needs to rotate the jumps a bit more. Slowly he improves but I would remove both flips due to the lost of GOE and replace them with a lutz and loop (and by now, I know he will not I just wish he would).

I hope we see him at the Cup Finals and until then 👋 Everyone have a great Holiday season!

FP fancam

1640378580555.png

Nice pictures!!!

Last edited:

Sofia

Lil sweetheart has big ideas
On the Ice
He can be proud of himself. I have some issues with his coaching team this season but it's pointless to start a rant since they can't hear me anyway 🤷‍♀️ And better not spoil the festive atmosphere. So, Merry Christmas! 🎄

ewdokia

On the Ice
I'm not happy about the placement, but I’m very happy how much Artur improved compared to his previous comps. :) I hope he will be able to easily rotate his quads again at the end of the season and that he will have decent performances in the months to come and I very much hope he will get a chance to skate more competitions. I also think he was very unlucky with placements as spot 8-13 were very close and Artur could have received higher PCS compared to some others (e.g. compared to Makar Ingatov in the LP).

Here is a link to his statement after the LP:

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skatin...etom-godu-otdayu-bally-na-prostyx-elemen.html

Artur says that unfortunately he continues to give away points by making stupid mistakes on easier elements. But he started not such a long time ago to skate clean in practice and still it still does not happen too often. But that’s the beginning he needed to start with. He says the surgery now does not bother him any longer when he competes.

I’m very happy Artur was not too upset with his skates. It’s a good sign that things are generally developing well and that Artur feels he just needs more time to get back in shape. And I very much hope that RF will support him and give him a chance to return, like they did to others. But this is actually the thing which worries me most. The men seem to be very much crowded now.

ewdokia

On the Ice
ETA: I just watched from the broadcast. Does he seem a bit slow/cautious? It seems like he only came alive during the steps but the rest was cautious and slow. The quad sal is a little suspect but the skate was better jump-wise than at the GP! I'm happy for him. He smiled!
Artur seems to enter the quads rather cautiously and slowly and I think this might be one reason why he can’t rotate them. I didn’t recognize this so much with the other jumps. It also looks a bit like he lost a bit height on the jumps compared to 2019/20. But maybe this will improve once he gets more confidence in the quads. Hope he doesn’t have to limit himself in training quads any longer. Judging from his quotes at RN his health looks back to normal.

ewdokia

On the Ice
Congrats to Artur on 13th place. He exceeded my expectations which is great 😊! Overall not bad just needs to rotate the jumps a bit more. Slowly he improves but I would remove both flips due to the lost of GOE and replace them with a lutz and loop (and by now, I know he will not I just wish he would).
I too was wondering why Artur suddenly does two flips? In the earlier LPs there was a loop at the end? And he has a great Lutz, why not repeating the Lutz instead of the Flip? He really gave away points here an not due to mistakes, but by having an awkward jump layout. :scratch2:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
News:

He has apparently moved to St. Pete to work with Rukavitsyn. We'll at least Rukavitsyn likes Artur as a skater, he said so a few times in the press, so good, I guess.

ETA: Buyanova confirms, it's official that he left today for Rukavitsyn. She wished him well in the new group.

ETA:

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Artur was added to the national team for this coming year. He's in the junior reserve team. Pity he changed so late as the funding stays with the school I believe.

1661535540907.png

source: https://fsrussia.ru/sbornaya
My internet provider doesn't like minsport.gov so the entire site for me is blocked.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Artur will be at test skates this weekend

ETA: lots of Artur in this photoshoot behind the scenes video.

Post SP inteview

SP

FP

Post FP interview

ETA: Artur will be at the 3rd and 5th stages.

Last edited:

ewdokia

On the Ice
Remy Rose – thank you for posting all the updates. I’m happy with Artur coaching change, I love his new programs. :love2: And I thought one of the big mistakes made last season was competing with an non-stable technical content after a long break and after the test skates I had high hopes his new coaching team will handle this better. But not sure now after what I saw at the SP at Panin Memorial:

Артур Даниелян - КП (Мемориал Н.А. Панина-Коломенкина, 7.X.22) - YouTube

And you could already see in the warm up that it was hopeless to go for the quad. But Artur sure can be stubborn and announced to risk it again in the free tomorrow. :rolleye:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like Artur a lot. I stayed up until 4 am on Friday, a workday for me, to watch him skate. In vain it was. After he announced he would attempt a quad for today's FS, I decided I would sleep in and I did not regret it. I feel like Artur would rather do what he did this weekend versus attempting to skate a program as cleanly as possible with just triples. He's in some rush to add a quad back but why? At some point, I hope his team steps in and give him some perspective but Artur may be a lost cause if this is his first competition and he managed to convince his team to let him try. Considering the state of his triples and spins why was bringing in a quad even up for discussion? 😬

ewdokia

On the Ice
From the interview Artur gave after the SP to me it looks like he kind of persuaded his coaches and we all know how stubborn he can be. Artur may change two or three more times his coaches, if he does not understand that getting his tech back needs time and that pushing himself to do unready content in competition will not foster his confidence, bring no results and what’s even worse seriously harm his component score, he will just end up with disappointing results.

The most annoying thing of the interview after the short to me was that he mentioned he was sick before this event and even home and not at practice for two days as he had temperature. Let alone this would be a reason not to go for a still unstable quad, as of course this did affect his shape.

I compared the PCS Artur got at last year’s Nats with yesterday’s LP scores: he received 84,72, so scores well above 8 back then. Here he received 78,42 (all marks below 8) with a much better program yesterday. Now at RN scores might be a bit inflated and the PCS-marks’ system changed, but putting Artur scores into relation to other skaters e.g. Luftullin (81,01) and Anisimov (72,80) had lower scores at RN, but they scored 85,41 and 80,59 at Panin Memorial. Which means Artur is also losing in artistry marks compared to more and more skaters. And while you can question the PCS scores as quite a few people who were live in the arena pointed out how artistic and musical Artur skated and questioned his PCS-scores Russian Fed looks for quads and consistency and this is unfortunately also reflected in PCS.

If Artur wanted to try the quad before the Russian GP, I’m sure his team might have found a very little local competition where he could have done this without danger to fall behind others in PCS. What he did was unfortunately really unclever to put it mildly. And it’s a real pity, as it looks like RF was willing to give him another chance with putting him on the reserve team. :(

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't question Arthur's PCS scores. They seem fine to me but I don't watch the other skaters and I don't care what they get in relation to Arthur. I'm not really feeling anything he's doing now so maybe that's why I don't care. The PCS scores he got at his first GP for example were quite respectful considering what he put out. His skating skills are fine, the rest is subjective. I'm personally not convinced; I preferred him PCS wise as a junior vs as a senior 😬

I would like for him however to hit 70 TES in the free preferably 80 but that may be asking too much. I think 70 is achievable at least once this season. Also to correct his combo spin, he dropping levels left and right.