Blade Science Brand Blades | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Blade Science Brand Blades

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Came across this thread and had a good laugh! As I've been using these blades for almost a year now, I thought I'd share my opinion. These blades have been a game-changer for me in all aspects.

In terms of skating, I never felt ice so smooth under my feet! You can clearly feel the effect of the cushions, I'm guessing the shock absorbers take away all the imperfections of the ice. I also feel like I can maintain speed and spins for longer without doing extra pushes, due to the lower vibrations generated during glide.

What I love most about these blades are the soft landings! Definitely an upgrade compared to regular blades. with these, it's like landing on clouds! I was always injured with my knees due to too much training over the years, but landing on these blades has taken the pain away completely, it's incredible!

I am a national-level skater and perform all triple jumps daily, and I had ZERO problems adapting to the toe pick. As I chose the profile of my old blades, it really felt natural, and I almost didn't have the feeling that I was on other blades, besides the incredible comfort that these blades offer. The length of the blade is standard freestyle length. I think the heel just looks shorter due to the different construction of the blade.

In my opinion, these blades look super cool, futuristic, and very revolutionary compared to the stuff out there at the moment. Hopefully, they will change the skating landscape, same as Aura with their boots.
Good to have a review from an actual user!

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Came across this thread and had a good laugh! As I've been using these blades for almost a year now, I thought I'd share my opinion. These blades have been a game-changer for me in all aspects.

In terms of skating, I never felt ice so smooth under my feet! You can clearly feel the effect of the cushions, I'm guessing the shock absorbers take away all the imperfections of the ice. I also feel like I can maintain speed and spins for longer without doing extra pushes, due to the lower vibrations generated during glide.

What I love most about these blades are the soft landings! Definitely an upgrade compared to regular blades. with these, it's like landing on clouds! I was always injured with my knees due to too much training over the years, but landing on these blades has taken the pain away completely, it's incredible!

I am a national-level skater and perform all triple jumps daily, and I had ZERO problems adapting to the toe pick. As I chose the profile of my old blades, it really felt natural, and I almost didn't have the feeling that I was on other blades, besides the incredible comfort that these blades offer. The length of the blade is standard freestyle length. I think the heel just looks shorter due to the different construction of the blade.

In my opinion, these blades look super cool, futuristic, and very revolutionary compared to the stuff out there at the moment. Hopefully, they will change the skating landscape, same as Aura with their boots.
Out of curiosity, what blades did you have before switching to them?

adhara

On the Ice
Country
Finland
Considering Aura almost went bankrupt and had to be bought by JW/MK I wouldn't say they changed the skating landscape all that well.

malinsk88

Spectator
Hi, I am from sweden and I got the dual cushioning model in december. I also have good experience with the blade. I can clearly feel the difference and every landing is much softer compared to my old blades. Hard to describe but it almost feels like wearing a nikee sneakers opposed to a metal blade. There are four girls in our club who uses these blades and more wants to get them. I also know the founder who is a former swedish champion btw. I remember that swedish figure skating association was supporting the research and published several articles on their website about the project few years back and many swedish figure skaters participated in their research. It sad to see so many negative coments on this page from people who have never tried the blade and don’t know the company and background.

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Hi, I am from sweden and I got the dual cushioning model in december. I also have good experience with the blade. I can clearly feel the difference and every landing is much softer compared to my old blades. Hard to describe but it almost feels like wearing a nikee sneakers opposed to a metal blade. There are four girls in our club who uses these blades and more wants to get them. I also know the founder who is a former swedish champion btw. I remember that swedish figure skating association was supporting the research and published several articles on their website about the project few years back and many swedish figure skaters participated in their research. It sad to see so many negative coments on this page from people who have never tried the blade and don’t know the company and background.
Thank you for this. It's always good to have the experience of an actual user of something! I am watching their progress with interest.