Blades for spins? | Golden Skate

Blades for spins?

IvyRed

Spectator
Hi! I’m very new to this forum :)
I started skating about 4 years ago with lots of breaks in between (so practically only about a year) and now I’m starting to get back to it and learning singles.
I used to skate with Edea overture and mirage blades and switched to Ice flys and Legacy 7”.
The thing is I remember spinning was easier in the mirage blades and I can’t find the sweet spot on the legacy 7”. When trying out my sister’s skates with the matrix legacy (rocker 8”) I could spin very easily although I almost feel in the toepick when skating forward.
I’m thinking about switching to a new blade that will be easier for me to find the sweet spot for spinning and also will last me for long with grip in edges (struggling with deep outside edge a bit) and good grip for jumping.
I would like to hear some suggestions if you have? Maybe experiences? Thank you in advance :)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi! I’m very new to this forum :)
I started skating about 4 years ago with lots of breaks in between (so practically only about a year) and now I’m starting to get back to it and learning singles.
I used to skate with Edea overture and mirage blades and switched to Ice flys and Legacy 7”.
The thing is I remember spinning was easier in the mirage blades and I can’t find the sweet spot on the legacy 7”. When trying out my sister’s skates with the matrix legacy (rocker 8”) I could spin very easily although I almost feel in the toepick when skating forward.
I’m thinking about switching to a new blade that will be easier for me to find the sweet spot for spinning and also will last me for long with grip in edges (struggling with deep outside edge a bit) and good grip for jumping.
I would like to hear some suggestions if you have? Maybe experiences? Thank you in advance :)

Hi and welcome.
First of all for your level, jumping from Overture to Ice Fly is extreme. Ice Fly is much stiffer so that's probably part of your issue. The other part may be that the blade isn't mounted for your skating properly on the boot, has a tech watched you skate with them to make sure they are mounted correctly? Another thing is rocker size difference.

Lastly, Legacy blades have a flatter spin rocker so it's going to be more difficult to find that sweet spot. My suggestions to you and your level would be a good traditional intermediate blade, either MK Pro or JW Coronation Ace.

Good luck! :)

IvyRed

Spectator
Hi and welcome.
First of all for your level, jumping from Overture to Ice Fly is extreme. Ice Fly is much stiffer so that's probably part of your issue.

Secondly, Legacy blades have a flatter spin rocker so it's going to be more difficult to find that sweet spot. My suggestions to you and your level would be a good traditional intermediate blade, either MK Pro or JW Coronation Ace.

Good luck! :)
Hi ! Thank you ! Actually the jump between the two boots was with my technician and coach help- I’m an E width in edea and broke student so changing boots every few months will be too much for me. Both said you can’t really overboot Edea , but that’s not the point😅

I will look those up! Thank you
There is no reason then to switch to an 8” rocker? Just staying with 7” but trying a different profile blade from what I’m currently in?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi ! Thank you ! Actually the jump between the two boots was with my technician and coach help- I’m an E width in edea and broke student so changing boots every few months will be too much for me. Both said you can’t really overboot Edea , but that’s not the point😅

I will look those up! Thank you
There is no reason then to switch to an 8” rocker? Just staying with 7” but trying a different profile blade from what I’m currently in?
It's a myth that you can't overboot in Edea, but anyway, there's not really a blade of MK or JW which I would suggest for you at your level that's 8ft rocker.