Should I upgrade my blades? | Golden Skate

Should I upgrade my blades?

jeeyulovesskating

Spectator
Hi,
I’m a teenage figure skater in Korea.
I learned figure skating for about 2 years in Canada, and than learned some more for 1 year here in Korea.
When I skated back in Canada, I couldn’t do more than two spins. After coming to Korea and learning some more, I could still not do more than two rotations while spinning.

After resting for about 2 years after my last lesson in Korea, I borrowed a risport skate and did some spinning.
Surprisingly, even If I had rested for 2 years, I did more spin rotations than in the past. Like 5x6 rotations(And that was in 2022, feb.).
After I had been approved to my dream high school, my parents bought me a new pair of skates.
I still have those(which I bought like 10 months ago), which are edea overtures + aspire xp.
But, I can’t seem to spin more than two rotations on my skates, and this is killing me.
I think that the risport ones that I had borrowed, were RF2s with coronation aces, but Im not that sure about the blade type. Mybe it could have been other blades…
Also, back in Canada, I think I had the 1790s with mark iv/aspire blades.

Should I switch my blades to a 7’ rocker blade?
But since i’m a student, I can only ask for my parents to buy me and switch my blades.
Thanks for reading this post!

Oh, and can you recommend where I can get cheap or used blades? in websites, or in person, etc.

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I can't recommend a fitter or tech for you, but I will say that Coronation Aces are far nicer and easier to spin on that MkII/IV/Aspires and I'm not the least bit surprised that you liked them.

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
Aspire blades, as are all Ultima blades, are pretty flat rockered and notoriously hard to spin on. Coronation Ace are standard intermediate blades that generally are much easier to spin on.