Blurry Pictures? | Golden Skate

Blurry Pictures?

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm trying to upload some photos for the US Women's thread, but when they load, they are blurry. This happened last year too - I lived with it, thinking that maybe it was due to a small image, but now I'm literally using 4,000 px wide JPGs and the images are still loading as blurry.

Any idea what to do?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If the images are too large, the system will resize them by default. Are you attaching these or embedding them via a link?

yesterday

Record Breaker
I'm trying to upload some photos for the US Women's thread, but when they load, they are blurry. This happened last year too - I lived with it, thinking that maybe it was due to a small image, but now I'm literally using 4,000 px wide JPGs and the images are still loading as blurry.

Any idea what to do?
I found some postings about this but mainly it's blurry thumbnails. It seems that the software will show a thumbnail only with 150px, no matter how large the image is.

I think it does not happen/is different with pictures you embed. So if you have the possibility to store them elsewhere and just use the insert image by url, it might look better.

Hard to say without a test thread / link to a post though.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
If the images are too large, the system will resize them by default. Are you attaching these or embedding them via a link?
I’m attaching them

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They cannot exceed 1000 pixels in width. The smaller the better. 600 px is a good size.