Body of Work Thank Yous | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Body of Work Thank Yous

GGFan

Record Breaker
Forgive my faulty memory but draqq has been giving us detailed, evenhanded live analysis all season. I frankly need multitasking lessons because while I barely manage to get out an emoji and a sentence draqq writes paragraphs and everything always manages to be perfectly eloquent and informative.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This may very well be the first time I've posted here, although I've been a regular lurker for years. I just have to say thank you to GGFan for putting into words what I, and I assume many others, feel about our time here. I'm 75 (today) and prior to finding this forum had been a fan since childhood but never had a person to share that passion with. I also knew nothing except what I heard from the commentators. Thank you all for your generosity. I truly appreciate you.

Hope you had a wonderful birthday! :yahoo: :hap10: :dance3: :party2: :hb: Wishing you many more years of watching figure skating!

Mussique

On the Ice
I'm always amazed at eppen capacity of analysis. A big warm shout-out to the rest of amazing people at Javi's warm cozy fanfest

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This may very well be the first time I've posted here, although I've been a regular lurker for years. I just have to say thank you to GGFan for putting into words what I, and I assume many others, feel about our time here. I'm 75 (today) and prior to finding this forum had been a fan since childhood but never had a person to share that passion with. I also knew nothing except what I heard from the commentators. Thank you all for your generosity. I truly appreciate you.

May I just join in and say a Happy Belated Birthday for yesterday to long-time member, but first time poster, Beverly. What a lovely comment to leave as your first post!

Thank you to CaroLiza_fan for organizing our predictions game and to all the scorers who dedicate their time into our fun game :)

Awwww. Thank you Spirals! :eek::

I am going to be diplomatic and just say a big thank you to EVERYBODY. This forum would not be the success it is without ALL the people who participate in it. :agree:

Except the spammers. I don't want to thank them.

CaroLiza_fan

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Forgive my faulty memory but draqq has been giving us detailed, evenhanded live analysis all season. I frankly need multitasking lessons because while I barely manage to get out an emoji and a sentence draqq writes paragraphs and everything always manages to be perfectly eloquent and informative.

Aw, why thank you so much GGFan!

cleo2070

Final Flight
Everyone already mentioned - :thank:

And also (we can allow for encores, yes?):

dorispulaski for the starter threads and videos for the lesser-known competitions and generally organizing info and being so nice;
sequinsgalore for the tireless PBPs;
karne for the hilarious PBPs and relentless enthusiasm;
auser, matmuh and other lovely GSers always quick and handy with the streaming links and instructions for getting them to work;
CaroLiza_fan for always being ready with the Eurosport schedule and all-around being nice;
kutien for the always quick video links;
syvpow for the Videos&Results threads this season; shout-out to rikku, chapis, klutzonice for constantly being on hand in the no spoilers threads;
everyone for the questions, answers, discussions, info, new threads, thumbs-up, detailed analyses, opinions, OT topics, promoting new skaters, supporting all skaters new and old, reminding / teaching us about the previous generations of skaters, supporting the other forum participants and making this place SO MUCH FUN :agree: :clap: :hb:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a lovely thread! Thanks to everyone for their input in their various fields of expertise!

Let me add CoyoteChris to this awesome group of people who make GS tick!

Happy Birthday, Beverley! :hb: :ghug:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
:yahoo: and a shout out to AlexRus for giving us so much info about Russian competitions!

:hap10: to Mango for doing a beautiful job with Canadian Nationals events

:cheer: to cohkaix for providing wonderful coverage from Japanese nationals, and for Chinese event coverage

:bow: to all those who update and post to the wonderful fan fests, especially Tavi.. , matmuh, NoNameFace, el henry, CaroLiza_fan, Mrs. P, SpiralsForMiles

:clap: :cheer: to all my fellow ice dance fans, particularly WeakAnkles, Mrs.P, mrrice, Mango, Ice Dance, bramweld, Anyasnake, Matthieu, Astrid56, TanithandBenFan, humbaba, chapis, Snow63, demarinis5, coldblueeyes, yoloaxel, The Finn, LadyB, The Gothic Eme and all you others that I am too dumb to remember just now I love hearing everyone's opinions even when they make me :devil:

And, of course

:hap57: to @goldsk8 for the awesome photos and quotes live from competitions on Instagram. If you have not checked them out, you should! And yes this content is also provided free by Paula, otherwise known as gsk8. Thank you so much for whole wonderful Golden Skate forum, including the Twitter, the Facebook, all the articles, and the newsletter.

feldmand

Spectator
I second all the kind comments to the posters that educate and entertain me. I have only ever started two threads, but I "lurk" on an almost daily basis. Thanks to all who share their expertise.

Just an aside, Mrrice, I'd love to have a drink with you. You seem like such a fun person, and I enjoy the stories of your dancing days.

And El Henry, we are neighbors more or less. Perhaps we could lobby the PPL Center in Allentown to host Skate America!!!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NoNameFace and Skylark: I could read your analyses of skating programs for hours. I love how you capture the complexity and beauty of everything we see.

Oh my goodness me. How very kind of you to include me in such illustrious company. If I'd ever thought of choosing two qualities that I wish and hope and pray that my words might capture, they would be complexity and beauty. GGFan, thank you so much.

And hey, I only just now saw this thread. I should get in the habit of checking the new posts.

I really appreciate and want to thank Everyone for sharing my passion and my fanaticism!:ghug::thank:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am furious, just furious, that I have not been acknowledged for my body of work.

I will be appearing on the Today show to address this injustice, date and time to be announced.

Acknowledged. Maybe not appreciated, kidding, but acknowledged. Acknowledgement for BOW is kind of decided by the judging panel and we all know what that means.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Acknowledged. Maybe not appreciated, kidding, but acknowledged. Acknowledgement for BOW is kind of decided by the judging panel and we all know what that means.

The excellence of my BOW is widely accepted among the ENTIRE skating community! At least the smart ones!

Now, I'm not saying that other people don't deserve credit for the quality (*cough*) of their body of work. But COME ON, we're talking about ME now.

(Tonto marches off in a huff to his interview with Christine Brennan...)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ā›øļø
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Oh my goodness me. How very kind of you to include me in such illustrious company. If I'd ever thought of choosing two qualities that I wish and hope and pray that my words might capture, they would be complexity and beauty. GGFan, thank you so much.

And hey, I only just now saw this thread. I should get in the habit of checking the new posts.

I really appreciate and want to thank Everyone for sharing my passion and my fanaticism!:ghug::thank:

I just want to mention you too skylark as you have amazing never ending support for Ashley!

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The Canadian crew (ancientpeas, Weakankles, SarahSynchro, 4everchan, etc): Thanks for all the laughs! I can guarantee I will have a good time if I see you guys on a competition thread.

Awww, shucks, thank you! :luv17: Iā€™m sure my ridiculous sense of humour, sarcasm, ability to wear out jokes and one liners until you never want to hear them again, Poje fan-girling, and storytelling about my brother, Yuzurudaughter, ex husband and current man-friend isnā€™t everyoneā€™s cup of tea, but itā€™s generally well received. ;) Iā€™m always happy to inject my brand of silliness into threads that get too heated.

I think WeakAnkles is American, but he can be an honorary member of the Canadian posse. Donā€™t forget Violet Bliss, osmond4gold, CanadianSkaterGuy (who always shows up more so afterwards to beat some sense into all the irrational fighting and wuzrobbing, bless his heart), peese, blueberryhill, etc. Also, the other non-Canadians who always make sure the competition threads are a good time: ruffledgrouse and her endless supply of gifs and memes, KevinVChicago for starting the death/morgue/gore running gag regarding Ksenia Stolbova this season that I refuse to let die, gravy, OS, Invisiblespiral, auser, Chemistry66, mrrice, Sam-Skwanch, cherrknithanson, frida80, ic3Rabbit, princessroja, etc... Frig, Iā€™m probably forgetting a bunch more awesome people, if I remember more names later, I will post here again. :yes:

Also to you, GGfan, for your uncanny ability to always take the time to understand all sides of any particular argument, regardless of your own personal opinion, and presenting those arguments calmly and rationally, even to the most erratic users. Oh, and for enjoying my sense of humour, of course. ;)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ā›øļø
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Awww, shucks, thank you! :luv17: Iā€™m sure my ridiculous sense of humour, sarcasm, ability to wear out jokes and one liners until you never want to hear them again, Poje fan-girling, and storytelling about my brother, Yuzurudaughter, ex husband and current man-friend isnā€™t everyoneā€™s cup of tea, but itā€™s generally well received. ;) Iā€™m always happy to inject my brand of silliness into threads that get too heated.

I think WeakAnkles is American, but he can be an honorary member of the Canadian posse. Donā€™t forget Violet Bliss, osmond4gold, CanadianSkaterGuy (who always shows up more so afterwards to beat some sense into all the irrational fighting and wuzrobbing, bless his heart), peese, blueberryhill, etc. Also, the other non-Canadians who always make sure the competition threads are a good time: ruffledgrouse and her endless supply of gifs and memes, KevinVChicago for starting the running death/morgue/gore running gag regarding Ksenia Stolbova this season that I refuse to let die, gravy, OS, Invisiblespiral, auser, Chemistry66, mrrice, Sam-Skwanch, cherrknithanson, frida80, ic3Rabbit, princessroja, etc... Frig, Iā€™m probably forgetting a bunch more awesome people, if I remember more names later, I will post here again. :yes:

Also to you, GGfan, for your uncanny ability to always take the time to understand all sides of any particular argument, regardless of your own personal opinion, and presenting those arguments calmly and rationally, even to the most erratic users. Oh, and for enjoying my sense of humour, of course. ;)

D'awww thank you! :eek::

GGFan

Record Breaker

I think WeakAnkles is American, but he can be an honorary member of the Canadian posse. Donā€™t forget Violet Bliss, osmond4gold, CanadianSkaterGuy (who always shows up more so afterwards to beat some sense into all the irrational fighting and wuzrobbing, bless his heart), peese, blueberryhill, etc. Also, the other non-Canadians who always make sure the competition threads are a good time: ruffledgrouse and her endless supply of gifs and memes, KevinVChicago for starting the running death/morgue/gore running gag regarding Ksenia Stolbova this season that I refuse to let die, gravy, OS, Invisiblespiral, auser, Chemistry66, mrrice, Sam-Skwanch, cherrknithanson, frida80, ic3Rabbit, princessroja, etc... Frig, Iā€™m probably forgetting a bunch more awesome people, if I remember more names later, I will post here again. :yes:

My bad WeakAnkles! But let's be real, safer to err on that side. I would much prefer to be thought of as Canadian when I travel :biggrin:

Thanks Sarah! I swear people must be tired of my if (a) and (b) then (c) posts. :dev2:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
My bad WeakAnkles! But let's be real, safer to err on that side. I would much prefer to be thought of as Canadian when I travel :biggrin:

Thanks Sarah! I swear people must be tired of my if (a) and (b) then (c) posts. :dev2:

I suspect youā€™re really quite good at making flow charts. ;)

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
I second Cleo2070's thank you to syvpow and others for all the work in compiling and posting competition videos, and also thank Cleo2070 too for the same!:thank: My enjoyment in watching competitions would be greatly diminished without these terrific no spoiler video threads.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
NoNameFace and Skylark: I could read your analyses of skating programs for hours. I love how you capture the complexity and beauty of everything we see.

honestly - I don't really know what to say...as I totally thought, seeing the name of the thread, that it is a satire on this 'Body of Work' term we got worn out of during US Nationals, like seriously. But it turns out that this was utilized in probably the best way possible - and back at You, GGFan, for all the positivity, enthusiasm and making it all better while reading:ghug:. I'm very humbled by mentioning me along with skylark, whose support to Ashley and Adam in particular always makes me wish that every skater/team out there would have someone like her/him to stand by them no matter what:ghug:. I'm generally quite adamant and consummated in writing in general - and with the beauty of figure skating, when I see it, I can write on it for hours, I'm just glad that for some it is a good read, enjoyable one (despite English not being my native language;)).

And I am really moved by shoutout/mention made by dorispulaski - my contribution to FF is really nothing comparing to Yours in basically every area, starting especially from perfectly organized initial posts in most of competitions and informative posts about US skaters, others too. I'm always amazed by the amount of work and dedication put out there:ghug:

Myself, I really appreciate 'Body of Work' GS Forum-wise from a lot of people, but mostly the fact that generally speaking, the sum of those individual 'Body of Works' elevates my own skating/forum 'Body of Work' I feel - I am not the most technical person, with knowledge and experience with figure skating, but I am always open and eager to learn from people like e.g. gkelly, whose analysis, detail level in basically every response gives me a boost to learn and discover myself. Then go these 'local' groups of GSers, not only very supportive and informative on their own skates, but with same approach towards others, e.g. Mrs. P, ice coverage, dorispulaski, Mathman, Tonichelle, apgold, Seren, Weathergal, Arriba627, iluvtodd, Stitch Monkey, el henry, Tavi..., elbkup, Heleng, Sam-Skwantch, sabinfire, CoyoteChris, VIETglrTerifa, gravy, ruffledgrouse for US, SarahSynchro, 4everchan, Violet Bliss, Mango, SnowWhite, siberia82, Osmond4gold, ancientpeas for Canada - aside of aforementioned input, there's always a great laugh with You in every topic:laugh:.

Then, I want to mention Crossover and WeakAnkles - somehow, posts of these 2 users always stand out for my view and I usually manage to find a lot of valid points and great arguments provided in them:)

Then the 'Body of Work' I definitely look up to is one of CaroLiza_fan - Predictions Game initiative was one of the few things that made me feel here comfortable and have a fun, simple as it is and to continue with it, now me helping out in scoring, is a great testament of CaroLiza_fan's enthusiasm and passion for the discipline:ghug:, not mentioning even his great attitude towards less-known skaters, from smaller federations and bringing them up for more public view and love. Also, regarding PG initiative, I want to say big 'Thank You' to puremagic, corynna and SnowWhite along with all fellow scorers for making it happen this season. Special shoutout for puremagic also for bringing a constant smile on my face by legendary and iconic 'Lord Samarin' phrase and all videos/info for young Russian skaters:).

I want to mention Interspectator for all the beautiful drawings and so much investment over so many skaters:ghug:

matmuh - for YT stream provided this season cementing the 'celebrity' status :)cool:) and the warmth spread across so many threads by genuine love and passion for skaters like Satoko or Wenjing/Cong

mrrice - for making me get to know Maria B., all the posts and reflections taken from experience and that any big news or thread is cancelled without 'KABOOMMM!' signature phrase

I'll probably get back there to add more

ruffledgrouse and gravy - those 2 GSers I can appreciate for having 'Body of Work' consisting of lots of personal, valuable opinions expressed, but often with such witty, enagaging manner

chapis, who is a great supporter of Ice Dance here and one of the main contributors in Shibutanis ff, which is one of my favourite place here

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I don't like acknoledgements because it is often not about who is mentioned but about who is not mentioned. Hence, I would like to apologize upfront to many GS users with whom I enjoy to talk here, whom I enjoy to read and to whom I give my thumbs up but whom I shall not mention here just because I forgot to. This is my personal view on the "body of works"

Thank you,

puremagic for your energy, your sense of humor creating "Lord Samarin", for your emoticons
moriel for level headed supportive messages, for the abilty to fight back the injustice, and for starting the record holding "Russian ladies" thread. When I did it during the previous 2 seasons they could hardly go beyond 1900 posts. Now the season is young but the thread has already almost 5300 posts. It's the universe of its own now.
atsumiri and russianfan you both are terrific making "the Russian voice" heard and proving that quality prevails over quantity
Spirals for Miles for doing the same but from the USA.
Sam L for being a good Australian friend of the Russian ladies skaters and bringing unobstructed perspective from the overseas.
plushyfan, YesWay, Yatagarasu, tulosai, MsLinaii, Grin for providing objective level-headed views not necessarily supporting Russian skaters.
silverfoxes for being the embodiment of justice.
karne for being the most outspoken supporter of Sotnikova's rightful winning in Sochi.
CaroLiza_fan for being a nice intelligent person and contributing to the Prediction Game (I enjioy reading your thoughtful predictions a lot)
Sugarpova for being the only Russian GS member I met in person (twice)
Lady B for being the only non-Russian GS member I almost met in person
Sam-Skwantch for simply being Ted Burton of GS (I mean the ideal forum member)
Mathman for the thoughtful posts and the sense of humor.
AlexRus and hanca for being the insiders to the Russian figure skating (although denying it)
sabinfire for the contribution to the forum and for being a nice person
tars for being one of a kind since good old days of sky_fly20
gsk8, dorispulaski, Mrs. P for making it all happen.