Boot suggestions needed | Golden Skate

Boot suggestions needed

chs366

Spectator
I'm a beginner learner working on crossovers, turns and edges. Currently tried hops but seeing some jumps coming.
I've been skating in very recreational pass-me-down skates without ankle support and would like to get real ice skates that would last in terms of my progress and time.
Some specs about me:
Height: 5'3
Weight 105lb
Time on ice: 3-4 hours/week practice + group lesson + recreational outdoor skating in winter

I plan to meet with a fitter who suggested Jackson Elle or Freestyle over the phone with all information I provided above. Are there other brands/models I should consider? What should I focus when trying different options in the store?

thank you for all suggestions and appreciate your help!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I'm a beginner learner working on crossovers, turns and edges. Currently tried hops but seeing some jumps coming.
I've been skating in very recreational pass-me-down skates without ankle support and would like to get real ice skates that would last in terms of my progress and time.
Some specs about me:
Height: 5'3
Weight 105lb
Time on ice: 3-4 hours/week practice + group lesson + recreational outdoor skating in winter

I plan to meet with a fitter who suggested Jackson Elle or Freestyle over the phone with all information I provided above. Are there other brands/models I should consider? What should I focus when trying different options in the store?

thank you for all suggestions and appreciate your help!
Hi and welcome. What style foot do you have (look it up), arches: very high, high, reg, low, very-low/non-existent?

That will help suggest boots to you better.

chs366

Spectator
Hi and welcome. What style foot do you have (look it up), arches: very high, high, reg, low, very-low/non-existent?

That will help suggest boots to you better.
thank you!
I have Egyptian foot style with regular arches. My right foot is a little wider than my left, if that matters.

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
thank you!
I have Egyptian foot style with regular arches. My right foot is a little wider than my left, if that matters.
For starters, Risport fits an Egyptian foot better than Jackson. I have that shape of foot, with high arches, and I used Jacksons for many years until they changed the basic shape. I switched to Risports last year and am happy with them.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
thank you!
Risport or Graf. Look into Risport Electra or Graf Prestige Crystal. Do not go with the Jackson Elle, it is not going to be stiff enough for you.

If you let us know where you are in the world we can suggest a proper pro fitter for you. :)

bostonskaterguy86

On the Ice
Country
United-States
thank you all!
I'm close to Boson, MA and I plan to visit a fitter in Wellesley. Open to locations with up to 1h drive.

thanks!

I'd second @alyssamarie 's recommendations!

I go to Home Ice myself, and I can tell you that Aislinn is really great to work with - very knowledgeable, and also happy to help you save a little money wherever she can (she saved me quite a bit on the boots by steering me towards a very recently discontinued Jackson model that was on clearance from the manufacturer). The brands @Ic3Rabbit recommended can be tough to find at some shops (especially Graf), but Aislinn carries both of them.

I haven't been to Cooke's or Sharper Edge myself, but they both have excellent reputations. Every coach and skater I know in the area goes to one of those three.