Boyang Jin | Page 76 | Golden Skate

Boyang Jin

HoneyBear

On the Ice
Oh no :( this is news to me. All the Yuzu fans I came across were looking forward to having Boyang as a new training mate for Yuzu since Javi wont be around anymore. Wasn’t aware this was happening at all.

Oh there are quite a few unpleasant messages directed to him on weibo. I don't want to point fingers, but some Chinese fans of Yuzu weren't necessarily being nice when talking about Boyang.

liv

Record Breaker
wow, I didn't realize that either... I was so excited about Boyang coming to Toronto to train with Yuzu... I thought it would be a match made in heaven, or at least, it would be a fun environment... why are people so mean? and if so, why do they feel the need to voice their negativity directly at someone? It's a mentality i don't understand. the anonymity of the internet....

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Well, we got our wish for a more comprehensive, Boyang-focused interview.
https://skatingchina.com/2018/11/boyang-jin-i-want-to-start-it-all-over-again-english/

The passport situation sounds like a nightmare. He admits to having a general lack of confidence competing, and also that the criticism regarding the Orser non-move gets to him (how I wish people would stop that!) My heart breaks for him when he describes the immense pressure he's under :(

On the bright side, he seems to genuinely enjoy his programs this season, and he said, "I love my career. I would not be Boyang if I were not skating" :luv17:

Gosh, I love what he's saying! I really hope he'll get back his confidence :)

HoneyBear

On the Ice
wow, I didn't realize that either... I was so excited about Boyang coming to Toronto to train with Yuzu... I thought it would be a match made in heaven, or at least, it would be a fun environment... why are people so mean? and if so, why do they feel the need to voice their negativity directly at someone? It's a mentality i don't understand. the anonymity of the internet....

I don't understand either, but with so many weird things people say online I've given up on understanding them.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Oh there are quite a few unpleasant messages directed to him on weibo. I don't want to point fingers, but some Chinese fans of Yuzu weren't necessarily being nice when talking about Boyang.

Ugh. I refuse to call them Yuzu fans, as one of the things I love most about both Yuzu and Boyang is how much they respect and like each other, so bashing Boyang automatically disqualifies you from being an actual Yuzu fan. Why are people always disappointing?

I just wanted to give Boyang a big hug after reading that interview. He sounds... stressed, to put it mildly. The bit about his mother saying he’d become a different person made my heart hurt. I still don’t think we’ll ever know the full story about the TCC business — that is, whose idea it was to train there and why Boyang ultimately didn’t — but I really hope we never see another comment about how he should have gone to Orser, not training with Orser is why he’s having a bad start to the season, etc.

I wonder if there’s some way for his fans to mail him anything? I know the TCC skaters can be sent letters and gifts, but does anyone know if something similar could be done for Boyang? I want to make him a guitar plushie and send him a note telling him his fans are with him no matter what.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I hope Boyang can find his own way to shrug off the pressure and be happy again. Age-wise it's a tough time for a human in general, becoming an adult, needing independence on top of that having a huge amount of scrutiny and opinions on whether or not you're doing the right thing. --It can be maddening. I'm wishing Boyang all the best in health and in general well-being.
:ghug:

HoneyBear

On the Ice
I wonder if there’s some way for his fans to mail him anything? I know the TCC skaters can be sent letters and gifts, but does anyone know if something similar could be done for Boyang? I want to make him a guitar plushie and send him a note telling him his fans are with him no matter what.

I doubt it? Fans are leaving nice messages on his Weibo account but he doesn't read it anymore. From what I heard, in Beijing he's training in a rink that belongs to the Century Star Skating Club (Xiaoyu Yu's old skating club; Yu/Zhang are also training there instead of the national team these days. Boyang, on paper, still belongs to the national team.) I don't know if they have any policy regarding receiving fan gifts.

firal

Record Breaker
A very interesting article, I am glad we get to know more about his well-being and mind set currently. I am touched that Lori stressed the importance of a "Happy Boyang" and that he felt he has a connection with her, and that he knows his has fans that are supportive of him. He comes across as a very gentle and sensitive person; mental health is a sticky issue no matter where but especially in Asian countries, bordering on taboo.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I hope that he will feel better in front of home crowd.

:agree:

I just want him to be happy with what he lays down. Doesn’t have to be perfect as long as he’s smiling.

rachno2

Record Breaker
Inside Skating posted a fantastic interview with Boyang today. The conversation took place after his first GP event, but was only just published.

My favorite bits: "Some interesting movements, like the air guitar in his short program, came from Jin himself" (why am I not surprised? :laugh:) and "my crazy matches her crazy" (talking about Lori Nichol)

Good luck at Chinese Nationals!

icybear

Medalist
Finally! I like how he said “when people see Spider-Man, the first thing they think of is Boyang Jin,” and not the other way around :laugh:

Does anybody know when his SP and FS will be at Chinese Nationals?

Haha! Some fans even go as far as thinking of Boyang when they see a spider.:laugh: About nationals. The sp is on 29 dec and the fs on 30.

moonkat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Haha! Some fans even go as far as thinking of Boyang when they see a spider.:laugh: About nationals. The sp is on 29 dec and the fs on 30.

Lol this is what I'm singing my head every time
"Spideryang Spideryang does whatever a spider can"