Boyang Jin | Page 78 | Golden Skate

Boyang Jin

He's probably the only one of the top men who could convincingly pull off a hip hop program

I was quite happy with the revelation that he did hip hop as a child! All the flowing, long lines are pretty ubiquitous, so maybe he will try something different like that. It's a blurry video, but it looked like he had a slight bit of pop to his movement, so the particular lyrical/hip hop comment came into my mind.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've just updated his OP. I added last season's results, this season info, some biographical info and some videos. Unfortunately, all the videos from the GP circuit are deleted by YouTube and we are only left with his performance at the Chinese Nationals. Enjoy. And good luck at the 4CC!

This is good. He'll likely get 9s for PE once he goes clean. Hopefully the long goes well, and he gets everything together for worlds.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Best Stepsequence of the night.
If the tech panel was doing its job, Boyang could have been in the lead.
Loved seeing Boyang back again. Crossing everything for the Free.

icybear

Medalist
Crazy thing is even if he didnt step out of the quad lutz the judges would still put him behind Zhou. +3.78 goe for an underrotated, prerotated quad lutz is ridiculous but what do you expect when you're in the land of home inflation. The fs scoring is gonna be even worse. At least Boyang performed well esp in the footwork

rachno2

Record Breaker
Boyang seemed a little nervous in the beginning, but he got it together and delivered the best step sequence of the night. I hope he brings the house down skating last and defends his title

icybear

Medalist
I hope this means he is saving his 2 best performance of the season for Worlds. I wonder what's wrong with the quad sal. He hasnt landed it all season.

I hope this means he is saving his 2 best performance of the season for Worlds. I wonder what's wrong with the quad sal. He hasnt landed it all season.

It's his worst quad, and last season the ones he landed cleanly were mostly barely rotated, IIRC. So, maybe they're trying to retool it, because he would get dinged with a UR under the new rules. I remember thinking he was going into it with more speed at the beginning of the season. Hope he gets it back, but I actually prefer his 4Lo from what I've seen of it.

I hope to see the gala choreographed by Browning here.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
For those of you who don't have access to the competition thread, PM me if you'd like a temporary download link for CBC television's belated coverage of 4CC from this past Saturday, which includes his LP.

eaglehelang

Final Flight
Those in the same group as Boyang are :
Kolyada, Morisi, Lazukin, Aymoz, Brezina. 2 Russians, 1 Georgia, 1 France, 1 Cze.
I cant imagine any of them having any conflict with Boyang.

HoneyBear

On the Ice
Those in the same group as Boyang are :
Kolyada, Morisi, Lazukin, Aymoz, Brezina. 2 Russians, 1 Georgia, 1 France, 1 Cze.
I cant imagine any of them having any conflict with Boyang.

Kolyada and Kvitelashvili were not there. Only Lazukin, Aymoz and Brezina.
People on twitter said this individual came rushing towards Boyang, almost bumped into him and then shouted at him close to his ears. Then when it was Boyang's turn he was always on Boyang's path. Also described Boyang as disturbed towards the end.