Brendan Kerry | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Brendan Kerry

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He looked pretty comfortable out there. His speed and ice coverage are awesome. He did the most beautiful 3 jump combo in his FS. Can't wait to see his practice tomorrow.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I made a special point to get Brendan's practice session for you karne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzftaa9bYfw&feature=youtu.be

Also thankyou thankyou thankyou for the video Stitch

Ooh. A sneaky change.
As long as he is comfortable wotht he new program, thats all that matters.

I hope this is the last change. I must admit to being a little nervous that this is his third free skate this season. But I like this one best, from what I've seen of it so far.

He looked pretty comfortable out there. His speed and ice coverage are awesome. He did the most beautiful 3 jump combo in his FS. Can't wait to see his practice tomorrow.

I take it you mean the 3Lz-1Lo-3S? That was not only great, the landing of the 3S right on the "ching!" noise of the money absolutely slayed me with its timing :laugh:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There were MANY great things! :clap: After 10+ hours it all kinda starts to run together.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh, Brendan.

He put on a smile, but in the kiss and cry, you could see it in his eyes, how disappointed he was. Those SPs at Lombardia and Nepela seemed to be building to something...

Still, on the positive aspect, he got all level 4 spins and level 3 steps. And we have the new Pink Floyd FS to look forward to tomorrow.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rough skate. Definitely disappointing for him. :sad4:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
There's still a fair bit to be proud of here.

First, that after yesterday's horror, he opened up his free skate with the most beautiful 4T-3T I think he's ever done in competition (heck at this point I'm not actually sure he's ever done the 4T-3T in competition - 4T-2T yes, but not with the triple). And then he landed the quad Salchow. And another beautiful quad toe. And then a triple Axel. That opening sequence of jumps alone proves that he's got some serious steel in that mind of his. To bounce back with that...!

Okay, so what came after that wasn't great - but at least he kept going. He kept his shoulders up and kept going, which was more than one or two others there could say. And the program itself is great - he really is made for the "casual cool" type of program and this will be perfect. I can't wait to see it clean. And I am sure, I am so, so sure now that he will.

He was the only skater other than Shoma Uno to land three clean quads in the free skate, which is also pretty cool.

I wish it had been better. I'm sure we all wish it had been better. But we have to look at the positives, and they were there. I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes at Nationals, and after Christmas - but I wonder if he might not pick up NHK if Chan does indeed withdraw. I hope he does. I would like to see him get redemption there.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it took tremendous determination to come out and land the 3 quads in the FS after being so disappointed in the SP. I like his spirit and perseverance. He's a fighter and is super talented.

GF2445

Record Breaker
As a time reference,

Brendan has left Tammy Gambill and is now coached my Nikolai Morozov.

Wilwarin

On the Ice
While checking Han Yan's situation I found Brendan is in the entry of Shanghai Trophy. Great for him to get another competition (though a small one).

Andrea82

Medalist
While checking Han Yan's situation I found Brendan is in the entry of Shanghai Trophy. Great for him to get another competition (though a small one).

but with a rich prize money. Shangai Trophy prize money range from 3,000 (last place) to 25,000$ (winner). It is higher than GP (from 2,000 for 5th place to 18,000 for winners).

GF2445

Record Breaker
but with a rich prize money. Shangai Trophy prize money range from 3,000 (last place) to 25,000$ (winner). It is higher than GP (from 2,000 for 5th place to 18,000 for winners).

Come on Brendan, 25 grand in the bag :)

notunprepared

On the Ice
He did really well today! Way way better than skate Canada, good work Brendan! Only got fourth, but I think he still did great anyway.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I never heard too much about Brendan switching coaches. The Feb. issue of International Figure Skating magazine had a little "blurb" about him giving a few details:

Five-time Australian champion Brendan Kerry left his long-time, U.S.-based coach Tammy Gambill in mid-November and relocated to Moscow, Russia to train with Nikolai Morozov. Kerry, 23, said that following his 11th place finish at Skate Can in late Oct., he knew it was time for a change. "I feel that I needed that kick in the butt to re-evaluate and refocus for the remainder of the season."

Wishing him all the best for the rest of the season. Looking forward to seeing him at 4CC.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
His SP last night was way better than the score made it look. Two rotated quads, and he managed to tack on the 2T on the Salchow so he got a combo in, and a lovely 3A.

On the flip side, I need to vent. I HATE the new music cut and some of the new choreo. There was NOTHING wrong with the old one. The new music cut is clunky and awkward and horrible. Also, go back to the navy shirt Brendan, it was much nicer. Just...ugh, the SP choreo/music was not the problem. Morozov's doing, I'll bet.