Caroline Green & Michael Parsons | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Caroline Green & Michael Parsons

cell

On the Ice
Are they scheduled for any other events ? (I know they are alternates for Worlds)

skatemd1

On the Ice

skatemd1

On the Ice
Just looked at the world rankings for this season, which I guess were just updated, and see Green/Parsons are now ranked number 9 in the world. And were 5th for last season. Wow, I never remember them being this highly ranked, is this a first for them to crack the "top ten"? ISU World Rankings -- Ice Dance

MiraiFan

Final Flight
They have left their coaches at ION... not sure where they are going--hopefully to Michigan. I guess they were not happy with the Russian invaders who arrived at their rink.

ZeldaJo21

Rinkside
They have left their coaches at ION... not sure where they are going--hopefully to Michigan. I guess they were not happy with the Russian invaders who arrived at their rink.
Surprised to hear this! They were the top ice dance team at ION. Who are the Russian invaders?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Surprised to hear this! They were the top ice dance team at ION. Who are the Russian invaders?

There are reports from TSL that Diana Davis and Gleb Smolkin were training at Leesburg. We don't know if Caroline and Michael have officially left, it was a report from TSL, but TSL does tend to have good coaching switch info.

Since this is Caroline and Michael's FF, I will concentrate on them by saying I hope they go to MIDA. I would like to see them as the "big stars" rather than as one of many, although the politicking power of I AM cannot be disregarded.

MiraiFan

Final Flight
Green and Parsons should have been in Beijing--they had an amazing season and were kept down (nothing against Hawayek and Baker, but USFS really missed a chance there)...

Last edited:

skatemd1

On the Ice
Green and Parsons should have been in Beijing--they had an amazing season and were kept down (nothing against Hawayek and Baker, but USFS really missed a chance there...
Agree. It's the downside of USA having so much depth in Ice Dance, with four really strong teams (now down to three). I like Hawayek/Baker and their FD last year was really strong too, so it had to be a hard choice for USFS. But Green/Parsons are on their way up and it would have been great to give them that shot. I think they are the future and probably would have finished a little higher. For next Olympics? I think their chances are excellent!.

sjchilly

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Did Caroline Green just graduate from high school? That is most likely the reason behind the timing for a move by Green and Parsons.

sjchilly

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I don't follow Ice Dance closely enough to know who will be at Lake Placid for the event at the end of this month.

Lili1122

Rinkside
Caroline's IG bio says GWU '26, which may be George Washington University, class of 2026, which would mean she was intending to begin in the fall. Don't know if that's changed. Lake Placid entries haven't been posted yet. The deadline was June 27, and skaters were to notified of acceptance by July 1.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
The below interview by Tatjana Flade took place after Caroline and Michael won 2022 4CCs. I don't think it was posted here yet. The interview offers great insights into their partnership vibe; personalities; similar interests; how they came together; plus their desire to push personal artistic boundaries, while building upon the strength of 80s - 90s concept-driven ice dance (via their amazing modern dance fp last season). It's fascinating to hear how they danced off ice in the Martha Graham style to prepare, and then worked with their coaches on translating off-ice modern dance moves to the different landscape of gliding on ice:

MiraiFan

Final Flight
The below interview by Tatjana Flade took place after Caroline and Michael won 2022 4CCs. I don't think it was posted here yet. The interview offers great insights into their partnership vibe; personalities; similar interests; how they came together; plus their desire to push personal artistic boundaries, while building upon the strength of 80s - 90s concept-driven ice dance (via their amazing modern dance fp last season). It's fascinating to hear how they danced off ice in the Martha Graham style to prepare, and then worked with their coaches on translating off-ice modern dance moves to the different landscape of gliding on ice:

Thanks for sharing. I love this team and they really should have been in Beijing. Dying to know where they are training--they definitely left their coaches at WISA/ION after Diana and Gleb got there...

skatemd1

On the Ice
Wherever they end up I can't wait to see what programs they perform this year. Any guesses? Wondering what new music and choreo they can bring this year? Hoping for something big that can show off their speed and technique, and different from last year's (which I loved, don't get me wrong). Just wondering what other styles of dance they can bring this time around to show off their range.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
^^ Yep @skatemd1, it will definitely be interesting to see what programs Gr/Pa will be skating to this season. I wonder why the apparent secretiveness about why they left WISA, and where they've landed.

A lot of fans seem to think that Davis/ Smolkin being picked up by WISA is why Gr/Pa left. But honestly, it's possible that Gr/Pa had already made the decision to leave WISA post 2022 Olympics, which in turn might be a reason why Kiliakov/Novak had an opening for D/S. As well, maybe K/N and other WISA coaches have had a lot more time to focus on working with McNamara/ Spiridonov, who just won at Lake Placid, which seems to suggest significant improvement and better programs.

For sure Caroline & Michael are wonderfully well-suited. They apparently work well together, with mutual creativity. The linked interview truly highlights their synchronicity as partners. I was glad I happened to find it, as I didn't see or hear about it after 4CCs. That could be due to such a busy time, with skating news primarily dominated by the Olympics arising on the horizon.

Gr/Pa certainly were worthy Olympic candidates. But I'm glad Hawayek/Baker made the team, with their exceptional FD. The nature of the sport makes the window of opportunity very narrow competitively for every top skater across disciplines, especially for participation at Worlds and Olympics.