GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand

Charlene and Marco at the Italian Championships last month. The music change just before the one-foot sequence is so pretty. I only realised recently they are both shorter than me, they skate really 'big'!

Also the natural light from the windows really enhances the romantic atmosphere of this programme :LOL: Is it Egna-Neumarkt? I like to watch the Italian JGP for this reason :p

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I only realised recently they are both shorter than me, they skate really 'big'!
I always forget how small they really are while they're skating because, as you say, they skate 'big' and fast too. But, when they get on the podium with other dance teams, I remember how small they are and it leads to some funny moments, like here when they're a whole step up from Nikolaj but he's still taller than both of them and here when the other boys had to pick Marco up to make him the same height. :laugh:

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I just wanted to give @GoneWithTheWind a big :thank: thank you for adding links to their Media profile!
I've added a few more videos which surfaced after I'd put their media links up. So, there are now 173 videos of Charlène and Marco for everyone to enjoy (maybe don't watch them all in one go :laugh:), including their compulsory, original and free dances from the 2010 Italian Championships, 6 months after they first teamed up.

In other news, Charlène and Marco are on the list to appear in the Golden Skate Awards show on 14th February (which I'm assuming is happening after the conclusion of the Gran Premio Final, as it's on the same day, at the same rink). Link for more information: http://www.goldenskate.it/biglietti-gran-gala-sul-ghiaccio.html

In other, other news: Happy Birthday to Marco, who is 33 today! Charlène shared a cute picture wishing him (and her father) a Happy Birthday.

Last edited:

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Here are Charlène and Marco performing their Grease exhibition at San Valentino on Ice, an ice show in Italy for Valentine's Day: https://youtu.be/f0fHe06Mh5Q?t=3438

And, here is Charlène's cute Instagram post celebrating Valentine's Day with Marco: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLShY28JUNt/

Looking forward to seeing them at Worlds (assuming they go ahead).
Here's hoping they skate well, and maybe manage to sneak on the podium! :cheer:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Here are Charlène and Marco performing their Grease exhibition at San Valentino on Ice, an ice show in Italy for Valentine's Day: https://youtu.be/f0fHe06Mh5Q?t=3438

And, here is Charlène's cute Instagram post celebrating Valentine's Day with Marco: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLShY28JUNt/

Looking forward to seeing them at Worlds (assuming they go ahead).
Here's hoping they skate well, and maybe manage to sneak on the podium! :cheer:
i wish! realistically speaking i think top 6 is more doable (even though hard), but dreams come for free :LOL: why not dream bigger? Charlene and Marco for gold!

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
i wish! realistically speaking i think top 6 is more doable (even though hard), but dreams come for free :LOL: why not dream bigger? Charlene and Marco for gold!
With the French out, I think top-6 is definitely doable, possibly top 5, depending on if Sinitsina/Katsalapov are there/how well they are skating post-injury and illness. Anything higher than 5th is probably wishful thinking on my part :laugh:
Charlène and Marco have competed more than many of their competitors this season, which may give them a bit of an advantage though.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
With the French out, I think top-6 is definitely doable, possibly top 5, depending on if Sinitsina/Katsalapov are there/how well they are skating post-injury and illness. Anything higher than 5th is probably wishful thinking on my part :laugh:
Charlène and Marco have competed more than many of their competitors this season, which may give them a bit of an advantage though.
true, but given how reputational ice dance is i don't see any of the top teams drop so many points. assuming that the top positions of the standings stay the same (podium to Chock/Bates,Hubbell/Donohue and Sinitsina/Katsalapov in any possible combination, 4th and 5th place to Stepanova Bukin and Gillies/Poirier) their direct competition should be Hawayek/Baker and Zagorski/Guerrero. Fear/Gibson could be a threat too, they had momentum last season but this year they haven't competed yet. it's not impossible:pray:

Last edited:

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Huge congratulations to Charlène and Marco on their highest ever placement at Worlds (6th) and their new PB in the free dance! :yahoo:
Their free dance was especially beautiful here, and their reaction in the kiss and cry was very cute and very amusing. I wonder if they will keep the free for next season?

Here are the links to their performances, for anyone who hasn't seen them yet (or anyone who wants to re-watch!):
Their fun rhythm dance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijLRigujVho
Their beautiful free dance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrbTiDHh3vM
Their lovely new exhibition program (link is from the ISU stream, so may be geoblocked): https://youtu.be/W-pUchnEaAU?t=2721

Merjan

On the Ice
I enjoyed their free dance a lot and some elements were probably the best of the evening, the spin especially. Lovely music. The gala performance was really elegant, too. I watched the whole gala, the German live stream, on Sportschau.de
It's still there but I don't know how long.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
second place at WTT and career best, now i'm sure they're on judges radar, a grand prix medal, maybe a qualification for finals isn't so in the realm of dreams anymore

pete

On the Ice
I wonder if they are planning to continue after the olympics with the next games being in italy? However they both in their 30s so maybe they don't want to do another 4 years

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
second place at WTT and career best, now i'm sure they're on judges radar, a grand prix medal, maybe a qualification for finals isn't so in the realm of dreams anymore
I hope, with their great skates at both Worlds and at WTT, they've proved they're firmly in the top-7 from this point on.
They were closer to catching S/B and C/B at Worlds (3 points and 7 points away, respectively, and would've been even closer to S/B if S/B's rhythm dance mistake had been penalized) than they were to being caught by F/G and FB/S (9 points away) at Worlds or by H/B at WTT (19 points away).

I think (and please Skate Gods don't jinx them) a couple more grand prix medals should be doable, barring any major disasters but qualification to the final will probably depend on which events they get.
If the ISU are still using the same GP assignment system, Charlene and Marco should be seeded after their 6th place Worlds finish, so will only be up against 1 of S/K, H/D or G/P (as they can't go against 4th or 5th place). This would, on paper by SBs, most likely give them 2 silver medals (and a place in the final) but if P/C (who are non-seeded) end up at the same events as them, then it's more likely to be 2 bronzes (and no place in the final). Or if P/C get one event with them, then it's probably 1 silver and 1 bronze (and then wait and see what everyone else does to find out if they're in the final).
Apologies for the long paragraph, I was trying to work out their chances in my head as I typed this :laugh:

I wonder if they are planning to continue after the olympics with the next games being in italy? However they both in their 30s so maybe they don't want to do another 4 years
I read an interview they did in early 2020 where they said they would most likely retire at the end of the 2021-22 season, as they'd like to have a family. I wonder if maybe they'd consider a comeback for their home Olympics, like Barbara did?