Could equipment give benefit in skating (don't take this serious!) | Golden Skate

Could equipment give benefit in skating (don't take this serious!)

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
First I want to say, take this from the aspect of science or fiction, not that I was doubting anybody, more humor than serious. I was afraid to ask this but then I find out the right words to open a discussion about this.

I just started to think this already when the discussion about new style of running spikes started, that they give benefit in times. And it came again into my mind when I read discussion about benefit of ski jumpings suits how some jumper's suits are made to give more flight area and more benefit.

Could this happen in skating? Could it be possible to design skates, blades or shoes, so that they give more height in jumps, some benefit that the skater does not fall or something like that? I am too lazy to find out what regulations the shoes and blades have, so I just ask, could it be possible in this world of equipment developing also in skating?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
First I want to say, take this from the aspect of science or fiction, not that I was doubting anybody, more humor than serious. I was afraid to ask this but then I find out the right words to open a discussion about this.

I just started to think this already when the discussion about new style of running spikes started, that they give benefit in times. And it came again into my mind when I read discussion about benefit of ski jumpings suits how some jumper's suits are made to give more flight area and more benefit.

Could this happen in skating? Could it be possible to design skates, blades or shoes, so that they give more height in jumps, some benefit that the skater does not fall or something like that? I am too lazy to find out what regulations the shoes and blades have, so I just ask, could it be possible in this world of equipment developing also in skating?
Not really. I mean, skates and blades have gone through numerous changes over the years but what you are asking for them to do, more than likely no.