Couple Glue | Golden Skate

Couple Glue

Layback11

Record Breaker
You have one bottle of a magic adhesive called Couple Glue. It can be used to make one pairs or dance couple skate together again and, once it is used, they will never split again. The team has to have split less than two quads (2006) ago, and the glue is only potent enough for one team. Who is it?

Inspired by TheGrandSophy's fantasy unretirement thread.

Ps mine would be I/K, no competition there. 😃

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Will the glue magically resolve all the personal issues too?

Takahashi/Tran

This would be mine too, 2012 Worlds was certainly entertaining in the pairs division, I miss this team and I hate how they're both stuck in a limbo and their futures are uncertain

I didn't want MT/M to split up and they literally split up a week after I got to meet them but after seeing them with new partners, they stagnated, they didn't up technical content and although fun to watch, I doubt the Wirtzes were the right coaches to let them explore new options and try new things. Dylan upped the ante and is now going 3ThLz and 3ThLo with Lubov and they experiment with new lift positions and everything. Dylan has also adopted some of Lubov new classical style which looks really good on him. Kirsten and Michael have apparently left the Wirtzes so I'll see if they bring anything new table in the new season.

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Salle/Pelletier.

Ideally the controversy never would have happened and we would still have 6.0 judging, with 4 more years of them in pairs for 2006 Olympics. Then, assuming they beat the Russians in 2006, Totmianina/Marinin would have stuck around for another 4 years. And hopefully improved their artistry. That's 8 years of a stronger pairs field we missed out on. Not to mention countless programs across all disciplines that have been brought down by CoP.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
As we have an “un-retirement” thread, I am assuming we are not including couples that have retired in this thread.

In which case, all the obvious candidates have been said already. Except one:

ZHANG Dan / ZHANG Hao

Although it would be a dream for them to return, the problem is I like Zhang Hao's new partnership with Peng Cheng, and want to see how it develops. So, since this glue is forever, I don't think I'll go for the Zhangs.

Luckily, I have another couple in mind that I will use as my answer.

As far as I can tell, this couple stopped competing together when they were still Juniors. The problem is, I don’t know if either of them continued competing with a different partner before they retired. So they may not be valid candidates for this glue. But, I’ll give them a try anyway!

I’ll warn you now, unless you were a really avid follower of the Junior scene during the 2006 – 2010 quad, most members will not have heard tell of this couple.

Tameron DRAKE / Edward ALTON

Now you know why somebody who has never followed Junior competitions is picking a couple that seemingly only competed as Juniors! ;) :biggrin:

Well, since Jenna McCorkell retired, Northern Ireland hasn't had any international representatives in figure skating. :disapp:

So, I want to bring this all-local Pairs couple back so that we have somebody to cheer on! :cheer: ;)

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

mskater93

Record Breaker
Samuelson and Bates. I like Chock, but boy, Emily Samuelson had magic in her boots as a skater.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Takahashi/Tran
I'm not sure if I like Dylan more with Kirsten or Lubov. I think it would be much better for Kirsten to skate with Dylan again. But Lubov and Dylan surprised me. They are lovely together.
About I/K I think I wouldn't want them back together again. I loved them. I was so happy for them at the Olympics when the score came up they were currently on 1st just two couples to go, so I knew they have a medal. I still love watching some of their programs. But it is weird to watch it when I know they are not together now and hate(or at least don't like)each other. I was shocked last season when they split and I couldn't deal with it for a long time. But now I really cheer for team Ruslena. If you would ask me how much I want I/K together I would say maybe 20% for and 80% againts.

lyndichee

Medalist
Takahashi/Tran for sure. Both their careers have been a scattered mess since the split.

I disagree with Kirsten Moore-Towers and Dylan Moscovitch. Although they were great, they had hit a plateau in their partnership. I like Dylan and Lubov because I see Dylan in a different light now and I really hope that they can do well leading up to the 2018 Olympics.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
with your post, you seem to imply that Dylan-Lubov will do better than Marinaro-Kirsten... I am not quite yet sure I can make a final call on who I feel would develop better... but out of curiosity, I am wondering if anyone believes that Moore-Towers and Marinaro will edge Dylan-Lubov in the long run????
Takahashi/Tran for sure. Both their careers have been a scattered mess since the split.

I disagree with Kirsten Moore-Towers and Dylan Moscovitch. Although they were great, they had hit a plateau in their partnership. I like Dylan and Lubov because I see Dylan in a different light now and I really hope that they can do well leading up to the 2018 Olympics.