Couple Glue | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Couple Glue

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Luba struggles in jumps, Michael struggles in lifts. So it's hard to say who will prevail..but I prefer Luba/Dylan, which is a whole other matter entirely.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I don't think anyone has an answer for who will develop better, it's more like stylistically people prefer Dylan and Lubov, they match up well in that department. Lubov's flexibility combined with Dylan's strength have worked well in their programs. Kirsten and Michael, well it just seems like everything is Kirsten's style, not Michael's, he just happens to be there.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I wish Moore-Towers/Moscovitch could've stayed together... I don't know if they could've moved up (further), but I found them fun to watch and prefer them over the current teams in Canada.

slider11

Medalist
I have to agree. Emily had such style and Evan was good at presenting her quiet artistry. Other than the freak accident with Evan's injury I'm not sure what caused that split. But there was definite World Champ potential.
Samuelson and Bates. I like Chock, but boy, Emily Samuelson had magic in her boots as a skater.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
yup... that's how I feel now... Maybe being in Montreal will send MTM2.0 into a different direction...I just think Kirsten is a stronger jumper and nowadays, it's essential. But seeing Lubov and Dylan together has been very exciting... I think I would have been okay with the split if they had managed a world medal... they were so close and now they (either team) may never get back to 4th/5th in the world...
I don't think anyone has an answer for who will develop better, it's more like stylistically people prefer Dylan and Lubov, they match up well in that department. Lubov's flexibility combined with Dylan's strength have worked well in their programs. Kirsten and Michael, well it just seems like everything is Kirsten's style, not Michael's, he just happens to be there.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
yup... that's how I feel now... Maybe being in Montreal will send MTM2.0 into a different direction...I just think Kirsten is a stronger jumper and nowadays, it's essential. But seeing Lubov and Dylan together has been very exciting... I think I would have been okay with the split if they had managed a world medal... they were so close and now they (either team) may never get back to 4th/5th in the world...

Yeah I hope to see development from them in Montreal, I saw the Wirtzes as the reason for their stagnation, they didn't up any technical content for Olympic season even though they've been very close to the podium and were consistent enough. When Kirsten paired up with Michael, I didn't see anything really new, instead they were trying to do what Kirsten did with Dylan in the new partnership which didn't help because Dylan is a strong lifter and Michael is not. When Dylan paired up with Lubov, they're been working at each other's strengths to try to incorporate them together in programs and doing harder throws. If Kirsten and Michael are really going to Gauthier/Marcotte as the rumours say, I hope they will help them show more of strengths and downplay their weaknesses like they do with D/R but keep Kirsten's style because I like her energizer bunny personality.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
so here's this...
1) we are saying we are sad MTM 1.0 split because they didn't reach further up
2) however, we like lubov and dylan together and hoping to see more... (but we also hope jumps will get stronger...)
3) we love Kirsten but aren't too confident about Marinaro (weak with lifts... not too much personality YET... but I'd give him a bit longer though as I suspect it was easier to model things on Kirsten since she had been at the top for a while)

So, let's say there was an UNGLUE function ;) we could keep Dylan and Lubov but then unglue Moore-Towers and find her another partner? Who would that be? ;)

Just did a quick look up at heights of partners... Kirsten is shorter than I thought... and I wonder now if Mervin Tran would have worked out for her (Narumi is just slightly shorter than Kirsten and Castelli is about the same)???

Marinaro is actually the tallest of the three (Tran, Dylan, Marinaro are all about 1 inch apart from each other).... but of course height is not everything...

Last edited:

wasabi

On the Ice
Crone and Poirier. I think they had much to still explore, develop and offer.

Last edited:

lyndichee

Medalist
with your post, you seem to imply that Dylan-Lubov will do better than Marinaro-Kirsten... I am not quite yet sure I can make a final call on who I feel would develop better... but out of curiosity, I am wondering if anyone believes that Moore-Towers and Marinaro will edge Dylan-Lubov in the long run????

I think you misunderstood what I implied in my post completely. I prefer them stylistically; I wasn't making a final call on anything at all. If MT/M stayed together I don't think there would be any artistic or technical developments anymore and Lubov and Dylan seem to really enjoy exploring each other's talents and what new ideas they can come up with. Although Lubov is an inconsistent jumper, it's interesting see Dylan talk about how flexible she is and the creative aspect of their partnership. On the topic on which couple can do better as they develop, who knows? I'm just more excited to see I/M than MT/M 2.0. I prefer I/M's throw triple loop straight into a death spiral in their LP this season much more than any other pair elements.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
nope.. i understood what you meant :) just curious to see how people perceived things... I am still doubtful that either new team will get as far as MTM 1.0 ... there was a strength and consistency that was extraordinary hence the top 5 finishes.... I wish everyone the best... and I agree that the experimentation is really cool on one side :)
I think you misunderstood what I implied in my post completely. I prefer them stylistically; I wasn't making a final call on anything at all. If MT/M stayed together I don't think there would be any artistic or technical developments anymore and Lubov and Dylan seem to really enjoy exploring each other's talents and what new ideas they can come up with. Although Lubov is an inconsistent jumper, it's interesting see Dylan talk about how flexible she is and the creative aspect of their partnership. On the topic on which couple can do better as they develop, who knows? I'm just more excited to see I/M than MT/M 2.0. I prefer I/M's throw triple loop straight into a death spiral in their LP this season much more than any other pair elements.