Daisuke Takahashi to Return to Competition | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi to Return to Competition

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I’d be cool with seeing Dice-K again. Let’s get Nobu back while we’re at it.

Dai's comments are too vague to tell if he's actually going for the National Team or if his main goal is to get to Nationals and do his best.
We'll have to wait and see if he tells us more.

Do you mean that he will compete in Nationals and then decide about continuing based on his results there?

s_parks

Record Breaker
I was like, "It's not april fool's day! what's going on?"
seriously, what?? I'm probably getting too ahead but does he still have his quad/3As?? Is he competing in ice dance? What is this post-olympic season???

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
:yahoo:

I actually convinced myself for a moment it was April 1st! :rofl2:

It's time for Nobu to un-retire as well [emoji23]🤣

My exact thought after the initial shock wore off! DO IT NOBU!!! :party2:

LucyH

On the Ice
OMG WOW... I can't wait to see him competing again. He was one of my favourites - have always felt that he was a bit underscored when competing against Patrick. Is he going to be the TBD at NHK. I can't believe this... What an offseason this has been!!! I wonder how he will fare after being away for 4 years... WOW and WOW again

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
I was like, "It's not april fool's day! what's going on?"
seriously, what?? I'm probably getting too ahead but does he still have his quad/3As?? Is he competing in ice dance? What is this post-olympic season???

Ice Dance~ Huh, never thought of that. Very possible. Though what Japan DESPERATELY needs right now is Pair teams. They're down to only 2 active teams that I'm aware of.
Not to say he would consider that but if Ryo Shibata could do it why not Dai? :confused2:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
It's time for Nobu to un-retire as well [emoji23]🤣

I actually think Nobu would do very well if he came out of retirement. Technically he's had some good skates including a 4T in competition at one of the Japan competitions (WTT or Japan Open or something).

If this is true, good for Takahashi! I don't anticipate him being hugely competitive but artistically he can bring something to competitions (especially after Chan's retirement). Go Dai! :clap:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm so thrilled with the news! :yahoo:What a news for the off-season.

rnois13

On the Ice
oh my gosh I am thrilled! I don't know how this is going to unfold but I sure am looking forward to seeing him in peak shape.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i just shed two large real happy tears and they are on my cheeks...if Patrick has to go, bring me back some Dai...

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Extraordinary. Wonderful. incredible. I am speechless (with joy, of course).

Pchykeen

Rinkside
So so happy to hear this!! It must have been a difficult decision to make, especially with the multi-quad age upon us.. I hope he is able this time to finish his career in a way that's satisfactory to himself.

asiacheetah

On the Ice
This off season is crazy wild! Out of all the retired uncles, the ones I though had the best chance of returning were Nobu and Machida. I didn't even know Dai still skated. Excited to see him again though. He brings major star power.

Shoma must be flipping out in happiness. I think Daisuke is the skater he most emulate.

I do wonder though. I noticed a general trend of former Daisuke fans gravitating toward Shoma. I wonder if they will abandon him for Daisuke or will there be room for both in their hearts.

I'm looking forward to them sharing the same ice.

synteis

Medalist
Holy ****. I'm literally stunned. I'm very excited to see him compete again though. Wow. The people behind YoI must be going nuts, didn't they start that bc they were sad he was retiring?

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Wow! I've been rewatching the 2011-2013 seasons on YouTube, and I never thought I would actually see Daisuke compete. Thought I'd missed that boat entirely. But this is so cool!