Daisuke Takahashi to Return to Competition | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi to Return to Competition

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
who wants to withdraw from skate canada because i am going and i want to see dai and shoma together ;)

Fruitpie

On the Ice
Oh, my god, please, let it be true!! :pray: :yahoo:

PS: OMG, I'm crying. Dai is my favorite male figure skater ever. I can't even imagine how happy I would watching him compete again.

Danibellerika

Medalist
Just when I didn't think I could love Team Japan any more, Dai gives the ultimate "hold my beer". :yahoo::hap85::yahoo::hap85::yahoo::hap85::yahoo::hap85:

This off season is crazy wild! Out of all the retired uncles, the ones I though had the best chance of returning were Nobu and Machida. I didn't even know Dai still skated. Excited to see him again though. He brings major star power.

Shoma must be flipping out in happiness. I think Daisuke is the skater he most emulate.

I do wonder though. I noticed a general trend of former Daisuke fans gravitating toward Shoma. I wonder if they will abandon him for Daisuke or will there be room for both in their hearts.

I'm looking forward to them sharing the same ice.

There's room for both for me. And Yuzu of course. I used to call Shoma baby Dai but lately he feels like he's coming into his own for me. Love them all!!!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I do wonder though. I noticed a general trend of former Daisuke fans gravitating toward Shoma. I wonder if they will abandon him for Daisuke or will there be room for both in their hearts.

We'll see at NHK, I guess....

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Is he back in Japan? I wonder who will coach him.

Edited... I remember a photo of him at Mishin's camp?

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, my, oh, my, oh, my... !

I can barely contain myself. When I saw the title of the thread, my jaw dropped, and then - when my jaw was back in place - I'm afraid I gave a little shriek.

I don't know if I should dance around or weep for joy. I scarcely dare believe it - but I want it to happen so badly!

Welcome back, Dai!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Omg if he's with Mishin that would be something, especially with Carolina!

I think Dai has a good shot for a world spot. Keiji and Kazuki will be the front runners with him for no. 3.

Last edited:

asiacheetah

On the Ice
We'll see at NHK, I guess....

Not necessarily. The Japanese fans are super prepared with flags and banners. Even flags for other countries for skaters they support. The most Japanese flags go up when it's for the skater that doesn't have a lot of personalized banners. So when Keiji skated, most of the arena flags were Japanese flags, while Shoma and Yuzu got a ton of personalized flags. I think the Japanese audience will love all their skaters.

gftn

On the Ice
Sigh...let’s just be happy that Dai is making a comeback and not adding drama about who will lose fans. Is that really necessary?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Maybe there is going to be a new seniors or golden timers skating level. Then Plushy, Buttle, Eldridge, Abbott, Elvis, Browning and Lambiel can come back too. With the move to more and more quads this is a bit of surprise if true. I honestly would just like to see hims skate shows; I don't want to see a half baked comeback or fade out ala Fumie Suguri. Maybe Maria Butyrskaya will come back too while we are at it to challenge Kostner and the youngins. Could Lipinskaya and Sotnikova be far behind?

LRK

Record Breaker
Omg if he's with Mishin that would be something, especially with Carolina!

I think Dai has a good shot for a world spot. Keiji and Kazuki will be the front runners with him for no. 3.

If he is working on getting his jumps back, then going to Mishin - even if only temporarily - makes perfect sense.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sigh...let’s just be happy that Dai is making a comeback and not adding drama about who will lose fans. Is that really necessary?

Hey, I have the utterly appealing mental picture of their fans digging out their hoarded Dai banners, packing them with their Shoma ones, and waving each in turn all the way though the competition :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

exactly.. this is how i see figure skating : the more skaters i love, the happier i am :) let them all shine !

sun110

Final Flight
This off season is crazy wild! Out of all the retired uncles, the ones I though had the best chance of returning were Nobu and Machida. I didn't even know Dai still skated. Excited to see him again though. He brings major star power.

Shoma must be flipping out in happiness. I think Daisuke is the skater he most emulate.

I'm looking forward to them sharing the same ice.

People can be fans of more than one skater. I don't see any problem here. It'll only get intense when the two skaters's scores are close at competitions. After all, only one will win. But we can still appreciate all the beautiful skating, no matter what the results are.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I guess what makes this so exciting is that until the skater is dead and six feet under you just never know. It seems exciting and at the same time is I go what are the odds... but who knows. What an off season - Osmond, Shib sibs, Nagasu, Wagner, S and M, Weaver and Poje, B and all taking breaks - but many of us guess we will never see many of them competitively again - probably more than half. Then the return of Gracie and Dai I really hope they come back only if they are competitive. I know do it for themselves but I hate seeing skaters shadow of themselves.

yude

Record Breaker
Now I read the criteria to be qualified in GPS in Japanese Wiki, and I started feeling like he is going to be in NHK if he wants...