Daria Usacheva | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Daria Usacheva

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Pictures with Dar'ya from today: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGu0UfRpyr1/ (link won't get parsed)
YWzBAt1IUAM.jpg

eE9xoIHrzFQ.jpg

.... wonderful picture, the eyes of Dar'ya, her makeup, her pose, her dynamics frozen in time, and she is even looking at us with a mysterious smile on her lips ....
... extension in the fingers like the best gymnasts, such attention to detail ...

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
“Today I got a lower score than at the stage in Moscow, but it was deserved - the skating was really worse. My cascade was a little worse, there were some nuances in my spins. There was no blatant error and threat of failure during the spins, but it was not as good as in the second stage in Moscow."

It was more difficult for the athlete to perform at the Russian Cup stage in Sochi without spectators:

“It is much easier to perform with spectators. As a child, I dreamed of a lot of people looking at me in the big arena. And when you plunge into the atmosphere of your dreams, it gives you a lot of emotion and energy."

"I am actively learning the triple Axel every day, there are already improvements, I plan to learn it and insert it into the program soon."

From: https://tass.ru/sport/9807981 and extensions from there.

Decoder

On the Ice
“Today I got a lower score than at the stage in Moscow, but it was deserved - the skating was really worse. My cascade was a little worse, there were some nuances in my spins. There was no blatant error and threat of failure during the spins, but it was not as good as in the second stage in Moscow."

It was more difficult for the athlete to perform at the Russian Cup stage in Sochi without spectators:

“It is much easier to perform with spectators. As a child, I dreamed of a lot of people looking at me in the big arena. And when you plunge into the atmosphere of your dreams, it gives you a lot of emotion and energy."

"I am actively learning the triple Axel every day, there are already improvements, I plan to learn it and insert it into the program soon."

From: https://tass.ru/sport/9807981 and extensions from there.
Yes, our girl needs this!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Usachyova: there are no excuses for my mistake at the Cup stage, more run throughs are needed

1581492965_0:153:1733:1128_1600x0_80_0_0_28bc76b5ebd1248f32511ec35e39f59a.jpg.webp

SOCHI, October 25 - RIA Novosti, Anatoliy Samokhvalov. Figure skater Dar'ya Usachyova said that she does not consider the mistake on the triple Toeloop frivolous, and that it does not happen, that it is necessary to run through more programs in training.
Usachyova won silver in the third stage of the Russian Cup in Sochi, gaining 225.19 points in the sum of the two programs and losing only to the two-time Russian Champion Anna Shcherbakova (239.91). The skater skated her program cleanly, with the exception of the triple Lutz, on which the judges saw an unclear edge, and a borked triple Toeloop, which was attached in a cascade to a triple Flip.

“ For me, falling is a serious, big mistake, so after my skating run I was very upset,” Usachyova told reporters. “This means more run throughs are needed, more connections to avoid such mistakes. My main goal at every start is clean skating. I did not cope with my task here. There is no particular excuse, somewhere I relaxed, and I went wrong into the jump, which led to the fall. "

“ This means that we need to work even more, ” added the skater, who shows competitive skating, getting high marks, but not showing ultra-si jumps so far. “Undoubtedly, this (high scores - ed.) gives me confidence, energy, I feel support, it's nice, plus it motivates you to work harder and learn difficult elements to create even more competition. "

In the current season, Usachyova made her full debut at senior level. “The adult level is almost what I expected. Especially at the last start in Megasport (the second stage of the Russian Cup) A lot of spectators came to watch. I like it very much, this is my childhood dream. And by my inner feelings I feel more grown-up, " the athlete admitted. " This is reflected in my skating, I try to work on conveying, and my skating eventually becomes more mature. I am getting older. "

"I am (mentally) ready for the increased attention of the senior level, but I try not to dwell on it too much. I like it, and I take criticism positively - so many people, so many opinions. And in every comment there is some truth, therefore negative can also be perceived positively, with benefit, " concluded Usachyova.

----

Smart girl, this Dasha Usachyova :)

Last edited:

Vemvane

On the Ice
Dar'ya's free program from today:

Thanks for sharing the video!

Not as polished as she was at her first outing with this programme in competition, but I wonder if the pressure of lying in first place overnight and being the one that the others were "chasing" got to her. It's good that she got to experience it here, because she is so often second violin to her teammates, and now she's had a chance to learn about being in the lead, and to deal with any nerves that might come with that. I did wince when she fell, as it looked hard; lots of bubble bath and epsom salts, I hope, to soak away any bruises.

At any rate, she is through to the final, with plenty of time to train towards it, so well done, Daria! May she have two good skates in the final!

Edit: Oh, found some nice photos of her FP on instagram. The first picture in particular is lovely.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGx863qpYvv/

Last edited:

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
I just love her skating. She was my favorite of the Ladies' event. I have a good feeling about her for some reason, I think she will be a force to reckon with in the Olympic season.

However, I must say I don't really like the way they were styling her at this competition (make-up especially). She looked like a 30 year-old out there.

Vemvane

On the Ice
I just love her skating. She was my favorite of the Ladies' event. I have a good feeling about her for some reason, I think she will be a force to reckon with in the Olympic season.

However, I must say I don't really like the way they were styling her at this competition (make-up especially). She looked like a 30 year-old out there.
Yes, the SP make-up was particularly heavy. I felt they could have laid off the eyeshadow and the contouring - she has lovely features, and very pretty eyes in particular. But perhaps it looks better from the audience and judges' perspective. Stage make-up can sometimes be A Lot. She also seems to like the look herself, as a shot from her SP is her new Instagram profile picture.

As for her skating, she really has been going from strength to strength. If she keeps on improving the way she has been, and avoids injury, she should have a good senior debut for sure!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
LZv5QTabA8w.jpg

JT4T97FnGU8.jpg
hQGz6n4dyNY.jpg

Dar'ya skates in bare legs, so she should be glad there are no bruises visible.

Last edited: