Dillon Judge | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Dillon Judge

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Dillon is due to be back in action today in the Denkova-Staviski Cup in Sofia, Bulgaria.

The Senior Men's SP is due to start today at 20:10:00 EET (18:10:00 GMT). So 11 hours from now.

Dillon will be the 2nd skater to start. So, second skater to go in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 20:10:00 EET (18:10:00 GMT). So 11 hours from now.

Dillon is due to start at 20:21:50 EET (18:21:50 GMT). So 11h 11m from now.

But, those times may change if somebody that is due on before him withdraws.

More information in the event thread:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95813

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST DILLON!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Denkova-Staviski Cup Senior Men's SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Dillon finished 11th out of 11 in the SP, with a score of 42.85.

Here is what I wrote in the competition thread before he did his programme:

Saw a couple of good jumps from Dillon during the Warm-Up. But, the camera was zoomed in too much (it wasn't zoomed in during earlier Warm-Ups), so we only got to see a small section of the ice. He could have been doing lots of things out of shot, but we just don't know.

But, we'll see now how he gets on with his programme.

☘️ ALL THE BEST DILLON!!! ☘️

CaroLiza_fan

And here is what I wrote after he finished:

Oooh, the announcer said in the introduction that Dillon was "representing the Republic Of Ireland" rather than just the normal "Ireland". Nice to hear somebody acknowledging that there are two countries on this island. But, she picked the wrong Irish skater to do it with, because Dillon is actually from Northern Ireland. He's opted to represent Southern Ireland because there are better opportunities there.

Fall on first jump.

Not a great landing on the jump he did before the jump into the sit-spin. (The latter was great!)

Didn't notice any other issues. Which, bearing in mind how things went last season, is really good!

Into 2nd position.

:cheer: WELL DONE DILLON!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Looking at the Protocols, obviously the Triple Salchow that he fell on at the start was his costliest element. It got -5 from all the Judges. It also got the biggest GOE hit of the programme at -2.15, which took it from having the second highest Base Value of the programme to being the lowest scoring element of the programme.

On the whole, the Protocols are not pretty. The only positive numbers he got were next to the two spins in the middle of the programme. The Change Foot Camel Spin got -2 from Judge 1; -1 from Judge 2; +1 from two Judges; and +3 from Judge 3. It also got the only positive GOE of the programme, at +0.08. The Change Foot Combination Spin got -2 from two Judges; 0 from Judge 3; and +1 from two Judges. But, it got negative GOE of -0.12.

Dillon is currently 6.23 points behind 10th position, Filip KAYMAKCHIEV (BUL), and 6.25 points behind 9th position, Brandon BAILEY (GBR). The two skaters ahead of Dillon are the bottom two skaters of a tight group of 3 skaters covered by 0.23 points, which is headed by Charlton DOHERTY (AUS) in 8th position, 6.46 points ahead of Dillon.

Being realistic, unless there is a disaster skate from one of the three skaters in the group above him, Dillon is unlikely to move up. So, this is an opportunity for him to just go out there without any worries about positions, and just do the best that he can, and attempt to improve his Personal Best scores for the FS and overall.

Hey, his SP score is his second highest SP score after what he got at the Tayside Trophy at the start of the season.

The Senior Men's FS is due to start at 19:00:00 EET (17:00:00 GMT). So 10 hours from now.

Dillon will be the 1st skater to start. So, first skater to go in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 19:00:00 EET (17:00:00 GMT). So 10 hours from now.

Dillon is due to start at 19:06:30 EET (17:06:30 GMT). So 10h 6m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95813

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Denkova-Staviski Cup Senior Men's FS: Results; Protocols
Denkova-Staviski Cup Senior Men: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Dillon finished 9th out of 10 in the FS, with a score of 95.58. This meant that he climbed to 10th position overall, with a score of 138.43.

In case you are confused by what I just said, Alp Eren OZKAN (TUR) withdrew before the FS, having finished 4th in the SP So, that is how Dillon was able to "climb" to 10th overall when there were only 10 in the FS.

Here is what I wrote in the competition thread before he did his programme:

Have to be honest, I was having difficulty spotting Dillon at the start of the WArm-Up when they all had their jackets on. How many guys in black jackets can you get onto a rink?!

Dillon had a good jump right in front of the camera early in the Warm-Up. And I thought we were going to see another when he was lining one up in front of camera, but he ended up doing it out of camera shot because there were too many people about the area he intended to do it in.

Let's hope for more of the same during the programme.

☘️ ALL THE BEST DILLON!!! ☘️

CaroLiza_fan

And here is what I wrote after he finished:

First two jumps went well.

Awful landing on the next jump. But spins straight afterwards were good.

First part of combination great. Second part not.

Nothing major in the next section.

Then a lovely jump.

Awful landing on first part of combination, which meant that the second part wasn't great either.

Tripped going into a spin! Not often you see that happen.

I'm not sure if he finished early, or if he just ran out of steam and couldn't do any more.

A real mixed bag of a programme.

Well, I guess that's him cemented to last position. Because the group ahead of him after the SP were a good bit ahead.

I'm sure things will go better next time.

:ghug:

CaroLiza_fan

Looking at the Protocols, the officials didn't think the first jump went quite as well as I thought it did. The Judges gave it two -1's; and three 0's. And it got GOE of -0.14. Admittedly, it was the least costly in terms of the elements that got negative GOE. But, I didn't think there was anything wrong with it. And even watching it again with the protocols, I still can't see why it didn't have any positive numbers next to it.

The same can't be said for the Triple Axel, which is the jump I said had an awful landing. Two Judges gave it -4; two Judges gave it -3; and Judge 4 gave it -2. It also got the second biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -1.10.

Now, I have to apologise. The combination I talked about next was actually a Triple Salchow-Double Axel done in sequence. It got -3 from three Judges; -2 from Judge 3; and -1 from Judge 4. It also got the biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -1.15. Nevertheless, because it had the highest Base Value, it remained as the highest scoring element of the programme.

But the other combination I mentioned, the Double Lutz-Half Loop-Double Salchow, was indeed a combination! Except, yet again, I missed that there was a Half Loop in the middle! :drama: Mind you, that may be because it got downgraded. It got -5 from Judge 2; -4 from two Judges; and -3 from two Judges. It also got the third biggest GOE hit at -0.77.

I think the spin that I talked about Dillon nearly tripping on was part of the Step Sequence. Because it got -3 from Judge 2; -2 from Judge 4; and 0 from three Judges. And it also got GOE of -0.17.

Dillon finished the Free Skate 6.60 points behind 8th position, Brandon BAILEY (GBR) and 0.29 points ahead of 10th position, Christian VAQUERO TORO (ESP). Bailey was at the bottom of a group of two skaters covered by 0.33 points headed by Anton SKOFICZ (AUT) in 7th position, 6.93 points ahead of Dillon.

Overall, Dillon was 9.35 points behind 9th position, Vaquero Toro, and 12.85 points behind 8th position, Bailey. (Strictly speaking, Dillon was also 81.24 points ahead of 11th position, Ozkan. But it would be unfair to use this as he didn't do the Free Skate).

Although it was not a great Free Skate, when I put the scores into the Original Post of this thread, I was amazed to find that it was a new Absolute Personal Best score for the Free Skate. And a new Absolute Personal Best for the Total Score too!

So, if he can get scores like this when he has a very challenging skate, I am really looking forward to seeing what he can get when he has a clean skate! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Dillon is due to be back in action today at the final round of the Challenger Series, the Golden Spin Of Zagreb in Croatia.

The Senior Men's SP is due to start today at 19:15:00 CET (18:15:00 GMT). So 11 hours from now.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 19:15:00 CET (18:15:00 GMT). So 11 hours from now.

Dillon is due to start at 19:28:00 CET (18:28:00 GMT). So 11h 13m from now.

More information in the event forum:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/972

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Reactions: bgg

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Golden Spin Of Zagreb Senior Men's SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Dillon finished 14th out of 14 in the SP, with a score of 44.93.

Unfortunately, this being the Golden Spin, there was no livestream. Or working livescoring for that matter. So, all we have to go on are comments from people that were at the event, and the Protocols.

Because I am not on Twitter, I don't have the address of the original post. But, one of our forum members very kindly copied over the text of what Skate Croatia posted about Dillon's programme:

Dillon JUDGE IRL
44.93“Smile”Sadly fall on 3lutz and no combination as resulting.

Thank you for doing this @icetug :bow: :clap: :points:

:thank:

Looking at the Protocols, it is npot the prettiest set of numbers I have ever seen. But it is certainly not the worst either. There are only two positive numbers on the whole table, which were both +1 for the Change Foot Combination Spin. That said, it was not as if it was all negative numbers. There were an awful pile of 0's.

The first two elements, though, were all minus numbers. The opening element, the Triple Salchow, got -3 from two Judges; and -2 from the remaining five Judges. It also got the second biggest GOE hit at -0.95. However, because it also had the second highest Base Value, it was actually the second highest scoring element of the programme.

The fall came on the second element. As the Twitter post said, it was supposed to be a Triple Lutz with a combination on the end, but because of the fall he couldn't attach another jump. Unsurprisingly, it got -5 from all the Judges. And it got the biggest GOE hit of the programme at -2.95. However, because it had by far the highest Base Value, it actually turned out to be his fourth highest scoring element.

His highest scoring element was the Double Axel that he did in the second half of the programme. In terms of Judges marks, it got -1 from Judge 5; and 0 from all the other Judges. And it got 0 in GOE as well. So having the highest score was purely down to the Base Value.

Dillon is currently 4.69 points behind 13th position, FANG Ze Zeng (MAS), and 4.86 points behind 12th position, Georgii PAVLOV (CHE). The two skaters ahead of Dillon are the bottom two skaters of a group of 3 skaters covered by 1.62 points, which is headed by Jari KESSLER (HRV) in 11th position, 6.31 points ahead of Dillon.

Being realistic, unless there is a disaster skate from one of the three skaters in the group above him, Dillon is unlikely to move up. So, this is an opportunity for him to just go out there without any worries about positions, and just do the best that he can, and attempt to improve his Personal Best scores for the FS and overall.

And it seems he is already in the mood for upping his PB's, as his score yesterday was a new absolute PB for the SP. And because this is a Challenger event, it counts as a new ISU PB score!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

The Senior Men's FS is due to start at 18:00:00 EET (16:00:00 GMT). So 9 hours from now.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 18:00:00 EET (16:00:00 GMT). So 9 hours from now.

Dillon is due to start at 18:06:30 EET (16:06:30 GMT). So 9h 6m from now.

More information in the event forum:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/972

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Golden Spin Of Zagreb Senior Men's FS: Results; Protocols
Golden Spin Of Zagreb Senior Men: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Dillon finished 14th out of 14 in the FS, with a score of 71.11. This meant that he remained in 14th position overall, with a score of 116.04.

After the delight of a new absolute PB score for the SP the day before, it was back down to Earth with a bang in the FS.

When I saw the score, I thought "this isn't going to be pretty when I look at the Protocols". And it wasn't. Right from the start. His first three elements were a disaster zone. He fell on the Triple Toe. Then the Triple Lutz was under-rotated. Then he fell on the Double Axel.

The irony is, none of these were his costliest element! That came later on with his first jump in the second half. It was a Triple Salchow, which was landed on the quarter. HOWEVER, he had already done a Triple Salchow earlier in the programme, so it was called as a repeated element. I assume he was planning on attaching another jump onto the end of this one, but wasn't able to because of the landing going wrong.

And to add insult to injury, his final element, the Combination Spin, was invalidated! :drama:

I don't want to dwell any more on what happened in the Free Skate.

Dillon finished the Free Skate 36.71 points behind 13th position, Georgii PAVLOV (CHE) and 37.52 points behind 12th position, Christian FANG Ze Zeng (MAS).

Overall, Dillon was 41.57 points behind 13th position, Pavlov, and 42.21 points behind 12th position, Fang.

This was a day to forget. Thankfully, it will be easier to do so because there was no livestreaming, so the only people who will have seen what happened were the people in the arena.

Rather than focussing on the disaster that was the Free, let us instead focus on the triumph that was the Short. Where Dillon achieved his highest ever score for a Short Programme.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Dillon will be back in action today at the Volvo Open Cup in Riga, Latvia.

The Senior Men's SP is due to start today at 19:20:00 EET (17:20:00 GMT). So 10 hours from now.

Dillon will be the 3rd skater to start. So, third and penultimate skater to go in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 19:20:00 EET (17:20:00 GMT). So 10 hours from now.

And that is as much as I can tell you, because the Time Schedule PDF's don't work.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95827

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Volvo Open Cup Senior Men's SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Dillon finished 7th out of 7 in the SP, with a score of 49.25.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the Volvo Open Cup. But by the sounds of things, they were having technical problems with the stream. So, I'm not sure anybody got to see Dillon!

Looking at the Protocols, it's funny because the opening element and the final element are both balanced.

The opening element, the Triple Salchow-Double Toe, got -1 from Judge 3; 0 from three Judges; and +1 from Judge 5. It also got neutral GOE. But because it had the second highest Base Value, this meant it became the highest scoring element of the programme.

Similarly, the final element, the Step Sequence, got -2 from Judge 4; 0 from three Judges; and +2 from Judge 5. It also got neutral GOE. However, because it had the joint lowest Base Value, this meant that it was the second lowest scoring element of the programme.

There were three elements that had issues. However, there is no indication in the protocols as to what the issues were.

The first of these was the second element, the Triple Lutz. It got -3 from Judge 3; and -2 from the remaining 4 Judges. It also got the biggest GOE hit of the programme at -1.18. Nevertheless, because it had the highest Base Value, this meant it became the second highest scoring element of the programme.

The other two elements with issues came consecutively in the second half of the programme. The fifth element, the Double Axel, had the worst Judges marks of the programme. It got -4 from Judge 4; -3 from two Judges; and -2 from two Judges. It also got the second biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -0.88, which made it the third lowest scoring element of the programme.

The sixth element, the Flying Sit Spin, got -1 from four Judges; and 0 from Judge 3. It also got the third biggest GOE hit of the programme at -0.26. And because it had the joint lowest Base Value, this meant that it was the lowest scoring element of the programme.

The two spins that he did as his thrid and fourth elements went particularly well, and had no negative numbers beside them. The first of them, the Change Foot Camel Spin, got 0 from Judge 1; +1 from two Judges; and +2 from two Judges. It also got the highest GOE of the programme, at +0.37, which made it the fourth highest scoring element of the programme.

The second of them, the Change Foot Combination Spin, got 0 from Judge 3; and +1 from the remaining four Judges. It got the second highest GOE of the programme, at +0.35, which made it the third highest scoring element of the programme.

Dillon is currently 2.17 points behind 6th position, Dias JIRENBAYEV (KAZ), and 4.69 points behind 5th position, Larry LOUPOLOVER (BUL).

Actually, apart from the leader, this is actually quite a close field. Although Dillon is in last position, he is only 10.21 points behind Spinar KORENTIN (FRA) in 2nd position. I'm not saying he can get onto the podium, but I am saying that if he puts in a good Free Skate and others make mistakes, he could actually make up a few positions.

But, being realistic, it is the two skaters directly in front of him that are his targets.

And Dillon does seem to be in good form this week. Because his score yesterday was a new absolute PB for the SP by a massive 4.32 points!

The Senior Men's FS is due to start at 18:05:00 EET (16:05:00 GMT). So 9 hours from now.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 18:05:00 EET (16:05:00 GMT). So 9 hours from now.

And that is as much as I can tell you, because the Time Schedule PDF's don't work.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95827

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Volvo Open Cup Senior Men's FS: Results; Protocols
Volvo Open Cup Senior Men: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Dillon finished 7th out of 7 in the FS, with a score of 77.61. This meant that he remained in 7th position overall, with a score of 126.86.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the Volvo Open Cup. And after looking at Dillon's Protocols, I'm glad I didn't watch.

The opening three elements were his highest scoring elements. The first, the Triple Toe, went well, getting +1 from all five Judges. It also got the highest GOE of the programme, at +0.42. And because it had the fourth highest Base Value, this made it the third highest scoring element of the programme.

Then things started going downhill. I don't know what went wrong with the second element, the Triple Lutz, but the Judges gave it three -2's; and two -1's. It also got the third biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -0.98. Nevertheless, because it had the second highest Base Value, it remained as the second highest scoring element of the programme.

The third element, the Double Axel-Double Axel done in sequence, got -2 from Judge 5; -1 from three Judges; and 0 from Judge 1. It also got negative GOE, at -0.33. But because it had the highest Base Value, it remained as the highest scoring element.

The fourth element, the Flying Sit Spin, was completely neutral, with 0 from all the Judges and 0 in GOE.

But then he fell on the fifth element, the Triple Salchow, which got downgraded. Unsurprisingly, it got -5 from all five Judges. It also got the fourth bigggest GOE hit of the programme at -0.65. And because it already had the lowest Base value, it remained as the lowest scoring element of the programme. It would also come back to haunt him later in the programme.

The next two elements, the Change Foot Camel Spin and the Choreographic Sequence, went well. The former got Judges marks of two 0's; and three +1's. It also got the second highest GOE of the programme at +0.19. The latter got -1 from Judge 2; 0 from three Judges; and +2 from Judge 5. That +2 was the highest Judges mark of the programme. The GOE was neutral.

But then he fell on his next two elements. The first of these was supposed to be a Triple Salchow with another jump attached onto the end. But because he fell, he couldn't add anything onto it. And because he had already done a Triple Salchow on it's own earlier in the programme, it was called as a repeated element. As you would expect, it gor -5 from all the Judges. It also got the biggest GOE hit of the programme, at a whopping -2.15. This made it the second lowest scoring element.

The next fall came on the Double Lutz-Half Loop-Double Salchow combination. The Protocols don't indicate which jump the fall happened on, but it would be ironic if it was on the Salchow. That would really mess with his head, falling three times and them all being on the same jump. Anyway, as expected, it got -5 from all the Judges. it also got the second biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -1.05.

And just to add insult to injury, because he had three falls, he actually got 4 points in deductions.

As for the final three elements, they mustn't have been perfect, because there were no positive numbers beside them (to be fair, there were a lot of 0's). But, compared to the two elements before them, they weren't too bad.

Dillon finished the Free Skate 23.32 points behind 6th position, Larry LOUPOLOVER (BUL) and 26.47 points behind 5th position, Corentin SPINAR (FRA).

Overall, Dillon was 28.01 points behind 6th position, Loupolover, and 36.68 points behind 5th position, Spinar.

That is now two events in a row where Dillon has had a great Short Programme, followed by a disaster of a Free Skate. I really hope he can focus on the Shorts and forget about the Frees, and does not allow the Frees to pray on his mind.

And I really hope that he does well in both programmes the next time we see him.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Dillon will be back in action today at the Dragon Trophy in Ljubljana, Slovenia.

The Senior Men's SP is due to start today at 19:20:00 CET (18:20:00 GMT). So 12 hours from now.

Dillon will be the 4th skater to start. So, fourth and final skater to go in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 19:20:00 CET (18:20:00 GMT). So 12 hours from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95834

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Dragon Trophy Senior Men's SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Dillon finished 8th out of 8 in the SP, with a score of 48.09.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the Dragon Trophy.

MORE TO FOLLOW

Dillon is currently 1.05 points behind 7th position, Nico STEFFEN (CHE), and 10.91 points behind 6th position, Ilia GOGITIDZE (FRA). Gogitdze is the bottom skater in a group of 4 skaters covered by 3.15 points that stretches all the way up to Anton SKOFICZ (AUT) in 3rd position, 14.06 points ahead of Dillon.

After achieving his absolute PB score for the SP at the Volvo Open Cup a few weeks ago, he has followed that up with his second highest ever score for the SP. So, he is clearly now getting on well with this programme. He just needs to re-find the form he was having with the FS in the early stages of the season.

Being realistic, we already know that Dillon will finish in either 6th or 7th. If he has a good Free Skate, he has a very good chance of moving ahead of Steffen.

So let's hope he does!

The Senior Men's FS is due to start at 13:40:00 CET (12:40:00 GMT). So 6 hours from now.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 13:40:00 CET (12:40:00 GMT). So 6 hours from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95834

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Dragon Trophy Senior Men's FS: Results; Protocols
Dragon Trophy Senior Men: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Dillon finished 7th out of 8 in the FS, with a score of 90.39. This meant that he climbed to 7th position overall, with a score of 138.48.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the Dragon Trophy.

Looking at the Protocols, it was actually a pretty good skate from Dillon. There were only really three elements that he had issues with, but there were no notes saying what exactly went wrong. So, they mustn't have been major issues.

The first of these was the second element, the Triple Lutz. It got -4 from two Judges; -3 from two Judges; and -2 from Judge 3. it also got the biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -1.97. This meant that it went from having the biggest Base Value to being the fifth highest scoring element of the programme.

The next issue was with the combination that he did as his fifth element. You can actually see what happened here - he singled the second jump. As a result, it became a Triple Salchow-Single Toe. It got -5 from Judge 5; -4 from Judge 1; -3 from two Judges; and -2 from Judge 4. It also got the second biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -1.43.

The other element which seemed to have issues was the final element, the Change Foot Combiantion Spin. It got -2 from Judge 1; -1 from three Judges; and 0 from Judge 5. It also got the third biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -0.30. This meant that it went from having the third lowest Base value to being t he second lowest scoring element of the programme.

Although there were two other elements with negative GOE's, and a few other negative Judges marks scattered around the programme, there doesn't seem to be anything else that stands out as being a particular problem.

Most of his elements actually got neutral GOE. There was only one element that got positive GOE, and that was the fourth element, the Flying Sit Spin. It got 0 from Judge 5; and +1 from the remaining four Judges. it also got the highest GOE of the programme, at +0.30.

Dillon finished the Free Skate 1.29 points behind 6th position, Freddie LEGGOTT (GBR), and 4.88 points ahead of 8th position, Nico STEFFEN (CHE). Dillon was at the bottom of a group of 3 skaters covered by 1.89 points, stretching up to Anton SKOFICZ (AUT) in 5th position.

Overall, Dillon was 12.85 points behind 6th position, Leggott, and 3.83 points ahead of 8th position, Steffan.

Well, I did say that if he had a good Free Skate he could climb up a position and overtake Steffan in the overall standings. And that is exactly what he did!

It would have been great if he could have got another couple of points and claimed 5th position in the FS. It wouldn't have made any difference to his overall position, but it would have made a statement.

That said, he did make a statement with his score. This was only the second time that Dillon has scored over 85 points, making it his second highest score ever for the FS.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Dillon will be back in action today at the Challenge Cup in Tilburg, the Netherlands.

The Senior Men's SP is due to start today at 16:15:00 CET (15:15:00 GMT). So 9 hours from now.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 16:15:00 CET (15:15:00 GMT). So 9 hours from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95840

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Challenge Cup Senior Men's SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Dillon finished 9th out of 10 in the SP, with a score of 47.34.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the Challenge Cup.

MORE TO FOLLOW

Dillon is currently 5.69 points behind 8th position, Anton SKOFICZ (AUT), and 3.33 points ahead of 10th position, Alp Eren ÖZKAN (TUR).

Given the gaps, barring disasters from any of them, the three of them are likely to remain in their current positions. But a good skate would make Dillon's 9th position more secure and ensure that Özkan stays behind him.

So let's hope he has a good Free Skate!

The Senior Men's FS is due to start at 12:30:00 CET (11:30:00 GMT). So 6 hours from now.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at12:30:00 CET (11:30:00 GMT). So 6 hours from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95840

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Challenge Cup Senior Men's FS: Results; Protocols
Challenge Cup Senior Men: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Dillon finished 9th out of 9 in the FS, with a score of 79.63. This meant that he remained in 9th position overall, with a score of 126.97.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the Challenge Cup.

MORE TO FOLLOW

Dillon finished the Free Skate 5.50 points behind 8th position, Anton SKOFICZ (AUT), and 48.02 points behind 7th position, Matthew NEWNHAM (CAN).

Overall, Dillon was 11.19 points behind 8th position, Skoficz, and 82.96 points ahead of 10th position, Alp Eren ÖZKAN (TUR). Özkan had been 10th in the Short Programme, but withdrew from the Free Skate.

It was the falls on the two Triple Salchows that did it for Dillon's chances of catching Skoficz. Because, in the greater scheme of things, the other mistakes didn't really do much damage to his scores.

The interesting thing to take away from this is that his overall score at the Challenge Cup was practically identical to what he got at the Volvo Open a month earlier. The difference was that in Riga his SP score was 2 points higher than here, and his FS score was 2 points lower.

Dillon's next competition is due to be the Sonja Henie Trophy in a couple of weeks time.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Dillon will be back in action today at the Sonja Henie Trophy in Oslo, Norway.

The Senior Men's SP is due to start today at 20:41:05 CET (19:41:05 GMT). So 12 hours from now.

Dillon will be the 4th skater to start. So, fourth and final skater to go in Group 1 (and fourth and final skater to go in the segment).

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 20:41:05 CET (19:41:05 GMT). So 12 hours from now.

Dillon is due to start at 21:04:50 CET (20:04:50 GMT). So 12h 23m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95848

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I saw Dillon at Challenge cup (only the SP I'm afraid) and thought he was very watchable.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I saw Dillon at Challenge cup (only the SP I'm afraid) and thought he was very watchable.

Awwww, thank you so much for the kind words.

I like the way that Dillon has found a particular style that works for him, and that he is sticking to it, and developing it. Admittedly, it helps that I like that style of music and programme theme. Very elegant.

The problem is that he really beats himself up after his programmes. He is always disappointed with how he has done. The irony is that he has been scoring a LOT higher this season than he ever has before. Let's not forget, this is his first full season in Seniors. This is all new to him. So, he is actually doing VERY well.

But, that is normal for people from Northern Ireland. We do tend to play down our achievements.

Since training mate Sam McAllister retired, Dillon has been the only Northern Irish skater competing on the international circuit. And I am immensely proud of him.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sonja Henie Trophy Senior Men's SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Dillon finished 4th out of 4 in the SP, with a score of 37.29.

Unfortunately, there is too much motorsport happening this weekend, so I was not able to watch the Sonja Henie Trophy.

MORE TO FOLLOW

Dillon is currently 5.32 points behind 3rd position, Daniel KORABELNIK (LTU), and 11.82 points behind 2nd position, Jan OLLIKAINEN (FIN).

It was so unfortunate that Dillon had two falls and an invalidated element in the SP. Because if you look at the total Base Values of the SP programmes, he had the programme that had the second highest total Base Value.

Being realistic, the misfortune in the SP means that he will probably finish in 4th. However, ice is slippery, and if Korabelnik makes any mistakes, Dillon could be back in with a shot of a medal. So, he needs to make sure that he has a good Free Skate, to put him into the best possible position to take advantage should the opportunity arise.

So let's hope he has a good Free Skate!

The Senior Men's FS is due to start at 19:48:15 CET (18:48:15 GMT). So 12 hours from now.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 19:48:15 CET (18:48:15 GMT). So 12 hours from now.

Dillon is due to start at 19:55:30 CET (18:55:30 GMT). So 12h 7m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95848

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sonja Henie Trophy Senior Men's FS: Results; Protocols
Sonja Henie Trophy Senior Men: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Dillon finished 3rd out of 4 in the FS, with a score of 90.32. This meant that he remained in 4th position overall, with a score of 127.61.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the Sonja Henie Trophy.

MORE TO FOLLOW

Dillon finished the Free Skate 12.26 points behind 2nd position, Jan OLLIKAINEN (FIN), and 2.40 points ahead of 4th position, Connor BRAY (GBR).

Overall, Dillon was 17.18 points behind 3rd position, Bray, and 21.65 points behind 2nd position, Daniel KORABELNIK (LTU).

What a dramatic competition! Everything was turned on it's head! Conor Bray went from being the winner of the Short Programme to being last in the Free Skate. And he consequently dropped from 1st to 3rd in the overall standings. Meanwhile, Daniel Korabelnik went from being 3rd in the SP to winning the FS, and consequently climbed from 3rd to 2nd in the overall standings. But the consistency of being 2nd in both segments meant that Jan Ollikainen won the title.

Unfortunately, being 19.58 points behind Conor after the SP meant that Dillon was not able to take advantage of Conor's misfortune and claim a medal. But, it just shows that anything can happen, so never give up!

And Dillon was definitely going for it, because this was his third highest ever Free Skate score. And his second highest ever overall score.

I'm not sure if Dillon is planning to do any more international events between now and Nationals in June. But, I hope he is, because he is definitely in a good run of form.

CaroLiza_fan