Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev | Page 68 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
The commentator in my broadcast said there was blood on Dmitri's shirt in the FD, and I noticed it on his left arm. Does anyone know what happened there?

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Bobrova/Soloviev are IN for Warsaw Cup! http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03108241.htm

Glad they have more competitions before the Olympics. Let's hope for another 300 points in the ISU rating :)

The higher they stay on the rankings, the better. Let's make some people angry!! :biggrin:

Edit: Also, interesting to see them competing against Coomes and Buckland. Some people are rooting for them in the Russian ID thread.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
The higher they stay on the rankings, the better. Let's make some people angry!! :biggrin:

Edit: Also, interesting to see them competing against Coomes and Buckland. Some people are rooting for them in the Russian ID thread.

Well, considering these people's other statements about 'quality' of dances or about other Russian skaters, specifically half-retired, and considering reality and real (not imagined or wished for) marks I don't pay much attention to them. :confused2:

I'm so excited for CoC! They need to place second to guarantee themself GPF. Last season they've lost to Chock/Bates just once, and won over them 4 times. And although I'm a fan of Madi and Evan, hopefully it'll stay that way :)

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I'm so excited for CoC! They need to place second to guarantee themself GPF. Last season they've lost to Chock/Bates just once, and won over them 4 times. And although I'm a fan of Madi and Evan, hopefully it'll stay that way :)

If they have a strong showing, I could see them even placing first in the SD, as per Euros last season. But I just want them to have a good and clean competition. They are in the podium, no doubt, but I want them to do their best and leave the competition with a better impression compared to COR.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I don't have much of a problem with the level on the pattern, but that call on the non-touching steps really surprised me. They'd have scored 75+, which compared to COR, when they skated better, was fair. But that wait was way too long. I wonder what would happen if they had taken their time on other teams, but oh well... :eek:hwell:

musicfan80

Medalist
I would have had B/S ahead of Chock & Bates in the SD today - but that is mainly because C/B's overall have much lesser skating skills - it's painfully obvious when you compare them with the other top U.S. teams (Shibs, H/D). Also, (I know they aren't a violation, but still!) the "tails" on Chock's dress deserved a costume deduction - those were some of the worse things I've ever seen on a costume.

I think that Ekaterina & Dmitri has much better twizzles than in their SD two weeks ago. That's a shame about the rumba pattern. :(

Good Luck to them in the FD! :yes:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I am so unsatisfied with their scores, and they were too. I really dislike talking about the judges and so, but I really didn't like those scores. :shame:

gmyers

Record Breaker
They have the most titles in Russian ice dance history. They are the most successful internally of all time. They are being let down because of no honesty and the worst program in the world! They need to change coaches ASAP.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
They have the most titles in Russian ice dance history. They are the most successful internally of all time. They are being let down because of no honesty and the worst program in the world! They need to change coaches ASAP.

Go back to the ID thread, please.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Why? do you need to be a fan of zhulin too?

Not exactly, but you have already said so many things about them that really don't have a space here, so you might as well take the way out and stay there. We come here not to discuss all the criticism - deserving and undeserving- they get at the ID thread. It's not like we're blind here and we do disagree about a bunch of things regarding them, but we do so without resorting to bashing and disrespect, so we'd just like not to go through the hassle.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
A new PB for their FD - 113.10. :luv17:

They looked delighted with that, also, the money is good, right?

Happy that they did well.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhWw2_t6a6M

For those that didn't see. The only change was the choreographic lift, which I think it's not bad as is, but needs a little bit of tweaking still. At least it's not 'ungainly' anymore, I guess.

They maxed out in two elements, twizzles and rotational lift, which I think were absolutely gorgeous indeed.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Totally gutted they won't be in the final. I would have wished it for them in what seems to be their last year together. Hope they do particularly well at Europeans. :hap10:

Mattieu

Medalist
Totally gutted they won't be in the final. I would have wished it for them in what seems to be their last year together. Hope they do particularly well at Europeans. :hap10:

Let's see if both VM and PC go to the GP final, as they might not want to face each other before the Olympics, so B/S may get their chance

LadyB

Record Breaker
Let's see if both VM and PC go to the GP final, as they might not want to face each other before the Olympics, so B/S may get their chance

There's a thought. Almost too good to be true, but maybe the one or the other team is that way inclined for tactical reasons. :agree: