Elizaveta's triple A | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta's triple A

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
It's crazy how easy she makes it look.

I'm interested to see what approach she takes to the 3A next season. Put it in both programs or just one? It was clear from the mistake on the 3A in the SP at WTT that she doesn't lose much ground even with a fall as long as she rotates it. The 5.50 she got for the 3A(fall) was worth more than anyone else got for a clean 2A. As for the FS, maybe it's just b/c this was her 12,345th competition this season, but she looked completely exhausted by the end of that performance...and her score wasn't even all that great. Yes she probably lost about 6 points for missing the 3L and singling the 2L in her 3-jump combo, but even so I don't think it will be more beneficial to go for the 3A if that means she's going to omit the second lutz. They'll have to play around with the numbers and see what works out best.

Either way, I'm sure we'll see quite a few 3As next season from Liza...

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
She should probably drop the Flip from her LP since it is her weakest jump. Who knows, though, maybe she'll somehow be able to do an 8-Triple LP. I'd like to see her do the 3Axel as the second jump of the program instead of right off the top, whatever the layout will be. Give us more build up to it! It's a bit boring when both the SP and LP just start with "okay, here we go, my telegraphed 3A is coming". Not that there is much artistic clarity left in ice skating anymore, but it would be nice to at least consider the usage of the jump in the choreography.

Globetrotter

Medalist
She should probably drop the Flip from her LP since it is her weakest jump. Who knows, though, maybe she'll somehow be able to do an 8-Triple LP. I'd like to see her do the 3Axel as the second jump of the program instead of right off the top, whatever the layout will be. Give us more build up to it! It's a bit boring when both the SP and LP just start with "okay, here we go, my telegraphed 3A is coming". Not that there is much artistic clarity left in ice skating anymore, but it would be nice to at least consider the usage of the jump in the choreography.

Sigh, unfortunately Papa Mishin is a physics and jump genius but CH is something he is almost indifferent about. In the next season, let's hope something better comes up. Her current music and layout were not really meant for the 3A. I am ok if 3A is first jump but certainly it should be planned with CH in mind. Interesting you mentioned 3F as her weakest jump. I also think so and I can see that the 3S is also not her favorite. Maybe she dislikes jumping off an inside edge? The lutz, toe and axel are all solid and the loop is usually fine too but I would think the flip n salchow would be where she has less flow out and certainly less impressive on the jump exits. I hope she goes for a true 8 triple layout rather than just exclude the flip. Something that goes 3A, 3L-2T-2R, 3F, 3R, 3L, 3T-3T, 3S--2A

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I assume that the next stage for Liza and Mishin will be to make the 3A an established and reliable jump in her repertoire. Remember that this is a task Mao Asada struggled with for her entire career. Thinking about how to make best choreographic use of it may be a bit premature. And let's not forget that in 26 years of figure skating history Liza is only the sixth lady to perform this jump in an ISU competition. That is less than one lady per olympic quad, and I think it still qualifies her accomplishment as an exceptional one. We are still far away from the point where it could be treated as a "tool" in the program the same way as a 3T. I fail to understand how one could criticise a ladies' 3A as not being employed in an convenient way when it is still so hard to do at all. And calling it boring or telegraphed appears a bit ignorant to me, if not to say, disrespectful? Liza will likely turn out to be a better 3A jumper than Mao ever was, but even her I would never expect to do it with Lipnitskaia-flow.

Edit: typos.

Last edited:

andromache

Record Breaker
Alongside the 3A, I'm wondering if Liza will introduce a more difficult SP combo (and maybe use it in the LP as well) like 3Lutz-3T. If the 3A doesn't get rock-solid, a more difficult combo will easily make up for the points lost on a fully-rotated axel fall as opposed to the 3T-3T. Then again, she probably doesn't need a 3Lutz-3T to win competitions overall.

The thing I love most about her 3A is how effortless it looks...almost like it's only a double! Jumps aside, I think the most beneficial thing would be for Liza to have received appropriate PCS scores on choreography and interpretation. Those are the weakest aspects of her skating, especially choreography, and I think receiving lower scores might drive her and Mishin to improve those areas. But since she's being rewarded amply for them anyway, there's not much motivation to improve. :shrug:

Last edited:

Krislite

Medalist
Liza will do the 3A in combo. I read it.

That's only necessary if she plans to repeat it. Is she really gonna repeat it in the LP? I think she's better off repeating the 3Lz in the 2nd half--a very consistent jump that nearly nets the base value of a 3Axel for her, after adding GOE and 10% bonus, but requires less setup time.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
However they change the program, it will be important to plan the layout in a way that she can accomplish the remaining jumps in her program after the 3A. It will be a pity if she does the jump and only ends up with 134 by giving points away on the jumps later in the program. I agree with another poster who said she did look tired here, so maybe the mistakes were a result of that.

whatif

Medalist
The last 3A was incredible. I thought it was 2A at first.
I think they will replace 3t-3t with more complex combo. I expect either 3L-3T or 3A-3T.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
The last 3A was incredible. I thought it was 2A at first.
I think they will replace 3t-3t with more complex combo. I expect either 3L-3T or 3A-3T.

Unlike some other skaters, Liza has many options to make. I believe that her team will work out a new & interesting jump layout for her next season combining strength and stability. 3T-3T is the easiest and most secure element for Liza, so I doubt that it will be replaced with other combos.

Globetrotter

Medalist
Unlike some other skaters, Liza has many options to make. I believe that her team will work out a new & interesting jump layout for her next season combining strength and stability. 3T-3T is the easiest and most secure element for Liza, so I doubt that it will be replaced with other combos.

Since the lutz and toe and axel are her favs, a little tweak will make a nice go for her. She could try something like 3A, 3L-2T, 3F, 3L, 3T-3T, 3R, 2A-1R-3S. That will max out her BV and assume she can do a half loop connector to avoid the 80% sequence rule for 2A----3S.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Since the lutz and toe and axel are her favs, a little tweak will make a nice go for her. She could try something like 3A, 3L-2T, 3F, 3L, 3T-3T, 3R, 2A-1R-3S. That will max out her BV and assume she can do a half loop connector to avoid the 80% sequence rule for 2A----3S.

This is really a challenging layout for Liza! I'm not sure whether she can handle it at big competitions.

jinhamasaki

Rinkside
That's only necessary if she plans to repeat it. Is she really gonna repeat it in the LP? I think she's better off repeating the 3Lz in the 2nd half--a very consistent jump that nearly nets the base value of a 3Axel for her, after adding GOE and 10% bonus, but requires less setup time.

A 3A+2T is not really worth it. She is better off doing a 3Lz+2T in the second half to get the 10% + higher GOE. Its also a lot less mentally exhausting.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
A 3A+2T is not really worth it. She is better off doing a 3Lz+2T in the second half to get the 10% + higher GOE. Its also a lot less mentally exhausting.

I'd love to see her pull off a 3A-3T. Again, it wouldn't probably be the optimal way to earn points but it would awesome to see.

Selene

On the Ice

Her lutz is absolutely amazing and she needs to repeat it, but I don't see her doing the 2A-1Lo-3S combo at the end of the program. I think she will stick with the 3S-2A sequence she has been doing all season. I think that's fine, with 8 triples in her program and the amazing quality of her jumps, she will be unbeatable if she skates well.