Emilea Zingas & Vadym Kolesnik | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Emilea Zingas & Vadym Kolesnik

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The entries were very late in being announced, but Emilea and Vadym will be making their season debut at the Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships, which start on Monday.

https://lakeplacidolympiccenter.com...nternational/#tab-lpid-international-athletes

For the Senior Dancers, the Short is on Tuesday from 19:15 - 22:05 EDT, while the Free is on Wednesday from 16:50 - 20:10 EDT. Each segment will be the final competition of the day.

I'll keep the time conversions for when I do the reminder posts on the morning of the day that each segment is held. Hopefully by that stage we will know more details like the Start Order. But, suffice to say that they are late at night in Europe.

Can't wait to see what they give us!

CaroLiza_fan

momrk

Medalist
Country
United-States
The entries were very late in being announced, but Emilea and Vadym will be making their season debut at the Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships, which start on Monday.

https://lakeplacidolympiccenter.com...nternational/#tab-lpid-international-athletes

For the Senior Dancers, the Short is on Tuesday from 19:15 - 22:05 EDT, while the Free is on Wednesday from 16:50 - 20:10 EDT. Each segment will be the final competition of the day.

I'll keep the time conversions for when I do the reminder posts on the morning of the day that each segment is held. Hopefully by that stage we will know more details like the Start Order. But, suffice to say that they are late at night in Europe.

Can't wait to see what they give us!

CaroLiza_fan
Thanks for the link to the entries!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Emilea and Vadym will be will be making their season debut at the Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships tonight.

The Short Dance is due to start at 19:15:33 EDT (23:15:33 GMT Tuesday / 00:15:33 BST Wednesday / 02:15:33 EEST Wednesday). So 5 hours from now.

Emilea and Vadym will be the 14th partnership to start. So, first partnership in Group 4.

The Group 4 Warm-Up is due to start at 21:13:43 EDT (01:13:43 GMT Wednesday / 02:13:43 BST Wednesday / 04:13:43 EEST Wednesday). So 6h 58m from now.

Emilea and Vadym are due to start at 21:19:13 EDT (01:19:13 GMT Wednesday / 02:19:13 BST Wednesday / 04:19:13 EEST Wednesday). So 7h 04m from now.

But, those times may change if somebody that is due on before them withdraws.

Here is the link for the livestream:
????

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/lea...----------QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2023/32142/SEG001.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh dear. That wasn't what I wanted to see when I got up this morning.

Emilea and Vadym withdrew.

I hope everything is OK.

CaroLiza_fan

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh dear. That wasn't what I wanted to see when I got up this morning.

Emilea and Vadym withdrew.

I hope everything is OK.

CaroLiza_fan
Me too, but it's very common for teams to WD from early season competitions, it isn't necessarily bad.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just popping in to let you know that Emilea and Vadym's plans have started to become clearer in the past few days.

First of all, on Saturday, their ISU Bio was updated to include the music for their programmes this season.

Short Dance:
“Another Part Of Me” by Michael Jackson
“Liberian Girl” by Michael Jackson
“Smooth Criminal” by Michael Jackson

Free Dance:
“Main Title Prologue” (from the “Beauty And The Beast” soundtrack) by Alan Menken
“Transformations” (from the “Beauty And The Beast” soundtrack) by Alan Menken
“Overture” (from the “Beauty And The Beast” soundtrack) by Alan Menken
“Evermore” (from the “Beauty And The Beast” soundtrack) by Alan Menken, performed by Josh Groban

And, in case anybody is interested, here is what I wrote in the "2023-24 Programmes By Discipline" thread yesterday morning:

Really looking forward to seeing these programmes. First of all, a Michael Jackson programme using songs that you don't usually see being skated to. So, this will be interesting to see (not least because I only actually know one of the songs).

And then a "Beauty And The Beast" programme. Emilea will make a lovely Belle. But, I do think it is a bit unfair Vadym being cast as The Beast! :laugh:

Please note, though, that the composer of the songs from the "Beauty And The Beast" film is called Alan Menken, not Alan Melken as stated on their ISU Bio.

Now we just have to find out if they will get an outing before their Senior GP debut...

Well, today we got the answer to my parting question. Emilea and Vadym are on the provisional entry list for the third Challenger event of the season.

Date​
Competition​
Location​
28th – 30th September 2023Ondrej Nepela MemorialBratislava, SVK

Annoyingly, that is the same weekend that Emilea's younger team-mate from when she was representing Cyprus, Stefania Yakovleva, is down to make her second Junior GP appearance of the season. So, I really hope they don't overlap.

Looking forward to seeing them in action again.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EMILEA AND VADYM!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
After withdrawing from the Lake Placid Championships, Emilea and Vadym will finally be making their season debut today at the Ondrej Nepela Memorial Trophy in Bratislava, Slovakia.

The Short Dance is due to start at 17:20:00 CEST (11:20:00 EDT / 15:20:00 GMT / 16:20:00 BST / 18:20:00 EEST). So 9 hours from now.

Emilea and Vadym will be the 12th partnership to start. So, fourth and last partnership in Group 3 (and fourth partnership after the resurfacing).

The Group 3 Warm-Up is due to start at 18:39:20 CEST (12:39:20 EDT / 16:39:20 GMT / 17:39:20 BST / 19:39:20 EEST). So 10h 19m from now.

Emilea and Vadym are due to start at 19:04:50 CEST (13:04:50 EDT / 17:04:50 GMT / 18:04:50 BST / 20:04:50 EEST). So 10h 44m from now.

Here is the link for the livestream (€7.99):
https://solidsport.com/nepela-memorial/watch/31th-nepela-memorial-friday

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.kraso.sk/wp-content/upl...----------QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.kraso.sk/wp-content/uploads/sutaze/2023_2024/NepelaMemorial2023/SEG005.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ondrej Nepela Memorial Trophy Senior Short Dance: Results; Protocols

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYBt_I0TN3g

Emilea and Vadym finished 3rd out of 16 in the SP, with a score of 75.61.

Emilea and Vadym are currently 2.01 points behind 2nd position, Diana DAVIS / Gleb SMOLKIN (GEO), and 1.27 points ahead of 4th position, Natálie TASCHLEROVÁ / Filip TASCHLER (CZE). Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHA (CAN) are in 4th position, 4.34 points behind the Taschlers and 5.61 points behind Emilea and Vadym.

Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON (GBR) may have a 4.07 point lead, but it is not a big advantage; if they make a mistake or two, everything could be up for grabs. There is only 3.28 points covering the next three partnerships, so Emilea and Vadym have a good shot of climbing to 2nd. But, they have just as good a shot of dropping to 4th. So, they will have to make sure they have a good Free Dance.

So, let's hope for a good Free Dance from Emilea and Vadym!

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

The Short Dance is due to start at 15:00:00 CEST (09:00:00 EDT / 13:00:00 GMT / 14:00:00 BST / 16:00:00 EEST). So 8 hours from now.

Emilea and Vadym will be the 14th partnership to start. So, second and antepenultimate partnership in Group 4 (and antepenultimate partnership of the segment).

The Group 4 Warm-Up is due to start at 17:05:30 CEST (11:05:30 EDT / 15:05:30 GMT / 16:05:30 BST / 18:05:30 EEST). So 10h 05m from now.

Emilea and Vadym are due to start at 17:18:50 CEST (11:18:50 EDT / 15:18:50 GMT / 16:18:50 BST / 18:18:50 EEST). So 10h 18m from now.

More information in the event sub-forum:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/971

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ondrej Nepela Memorial Trophy Senior Free Dance: Results; Protocols
Ondrej Nepela Memorial Trophy Senior Ice Dance: Results

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx2hP5d40v4

Emilea and Vadym finished 3rd out of 16 in the FD, with a score of 111.67. This meant that they dropped to 4th position overall, with a score of 187.28.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch LIVE. However, there were a number of members commenting in the competition thread. The problem is that they didn't comment about how Emilea and Vadym got on. It was more of a general discussion loosely prompted by them. So, there isn't much point copying them in here.

Emilea and Vadym finished the Free Dance 1.33 points behind 2nd position, Natálie TASCHLEROVÁ / Filip TASCHLER (CZE), and 0.35 points ahead of 3rd position, Diana DAVIS / Gleb SMOLKIN (GEO). All three partnerships were part of a larger group of 4 partnerships covered by 3.82 points that was completed by Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHA (CAN) in 4th position.

Overall, Emilea and Vadym finished 0.06 points behind 3rd position, the Taschlers, and 8.10 points ahead of 5th position, Lajoie / Lagha. Emilea and Vadym were at the bottom of a group of 3 partnerships covered by 1.66 points that was headed by Davis / Smolkin in 2nd position.

Emilea and Vadym were very unlucky in that they finished 3rd in each segment, but just missed out on a medal by the slimmest of margins. And there wasn't any more that they could have done in the FS, because both they and the Taschlers didn't have a single minus in their Protocols.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ahead of their Senior Grand Prix debut tonight, the USFSA posted an interview with Emilea and Vadym yesterday on their YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twdCQhPJPKY

First of all, may I just say that I really wish that the background music hadn't been added to the video, because I was having difficulty hearing some of the things they were saying.

Well, there it is. Official confirmation from Emilea herself that I have been pronouncing her name wrong for all these years since I adopted her. Sorry about that. :slink:

Not surprised to hear that Emilea enjoys spending time with her family. Of course she does - she's Cypriot after all! The Cypriots are like the Irish in that family means everything.

I have to say, Vadym went down in my estimations with the very last thing he said. Conor McGregor is his non-skating sporting idol?! Whilst I am flattered that he picked somebody from my island, there are many other sports stars from Ireland (North and South) that are far more worthy of being looked up to than him.

Don't worry, Vadym. I'm not really holding it against you! ;) :laugh:

A very interesting, albeit very short, interview.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Emilea and Vadym will each be making their Senior Grand Prix debut tonight at Skate Canada in Vancouver, British Columbia.

The Senior Short Dance is due to start at 15:50:00 PDT Friday (18:50:00 EDT Friday / 22:50:00 GMT Friday / 23:50:00 BST Friday / 01:50:00 EEST Saturday). So 12 hours from now.

Emilea and Vadym will be the 2nd partnership to start. So, second partnership in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 15:50:00 PDT Friday (18:50:00 EDT Friday / 22:50:00 GMT Friday / 23:50:00 BST Friday / 01:50:00 EEST Saturday). So 12 hours from now.

Emilea and Vadym are due to start at 16:03:15 PDT Friday (19:03:15 EDT Friday / 23:03:15 GMT Friday / 00:03:15 BST Saturday / 02:03:15 EEST Saturday). So 12h 13m from now.

More information in the event forum:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/958

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Skate Canada Senior Short Dance: Results; Protocols

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPsM5cOv9IU

Emilea and Vadym finished 5th out of 10 in the SD, with a score of 72.25.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch LIVE, as I was in bed fast asleep! However, I have now watched Emilea and Vadym's programme on the archived livestream. So here is a comment along the lines of what I would have written if I had been watching LIVE:

Oops! Didn't realise it was Vadym's birthday! :slink: (Boys, but October is full of birthdays for the Cypriot skaters and those connected with them! :drama: )

:cheer: HAPPY 22ND BIRTHDAY VADYM!!! :cheer:

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Hope you are having an enjoyable day, and that the coming year is a good one for you, both on and off the ice.

Mmmm. Sorry Mark, but if I didn't already know they were skating to Michael Jackson, I wouldn't actually have been able to work it out from the costumes.

Liked the choreography bit where Emilea did a wee jump while Vadym was spinning.

Did Emilea just wiggle her bum as part of the choreography?! 😲

Emilea was spinning a lot faster than Vadym during the Twizzles, and then near lost her balance towards the end of them. Mark thinks they touched, but I don't.

They looked devastated when they finished. And I don't understand why. Twizzles aside, they were absolutely brilliant!!! I don't know the first two songs at all, so I don't know if the interpretation was anything like Michael Jackson intended. But, I loved what Emilea and Vadym did.

After seeing how good that was, it has started me lamenting again that they are not representing a country where they will be assured of as many assignments as they want. Because they deserve to be getting them.

Into 1st with a score of 72.25.

:cheer: WELL DONE EMILEA AND VADYM!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

There were also comments in the competition thread from other members. Obviously, quite a few of them were about the twizzles. So, I will just copy over a few of the comments that were about more than the twizzles.

First, from our resident video archive compiler:

Very energetic skate to Michael Jackson for Zingas Kolesnik- very close call on the twizzles, under review. How close did they get, did they touch? Happy Birthday Vadym! Very fast skating.

And from one of our Polish members:

This was a nice one from Vadym & Emilea! They had very decent pace out there and their interpretation of music was on point, the issue was with twizzles here.

And from one of our Mexican members:

That split and ending pose from Vadym! +5

Shame about the twizzles

Honestly, from reading what Emilea and Vadym said in the GS Twitter post that is linked to in the post directly before this one, you would have thought they were way off the back of the field! Whilst it wasn't perfect, and there was one pretty major issue, it certainly wasn't as bad as they are making out. They are too hard on themselves.

Emilea and Vadym are currently 1.66 points behind 4th position, Oona BROWN / Gage BROWN (USA), and 0.13 points ahead of 6th position, Eva PATE / Logan BYE (USA). These partnerships are the bottom 3 partnerships of a group of 4 partnerships covered by 3.48 points, which is headed by Allison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS (LTU) in 3rd position, who are 3.35 points ahead of Emilea and Vadym.

When you have a group this tight, anything can happen. If things go their way, Emilea and Vadym have a good chance of getting 3rd position (which would really help my predictions, because I threw caution to the wind and put them down for 2nd!)

The Free Dance is due to start at 15:25:00 PDT Saturday (18:25:00 EDT Saturday / 22:25:00 GMT Saturday / 23:25:00 BST Saturday / 01:25:00 EEST Sunday). So 12 hours from now.

Emilea and Vadym will be the 6th partnership to start. So, first partnership in Group 2.

The Group 2 Warm-Up is due to start at 16:10:55 PDT Saturday (19:10:55 EDT Saturday / 23:10:55 GMT Saturday / 00:10:55 BST Sunday / 02:10:55 EEST Sunday). So 12h 45m from now.

Emilea and Vadym are due to start at 16:17:40 PDT Saturday (19:17:40 EDT Saturday / 23:17:40 GMT Saturday / 00:17:40 BST Sunday / 02:17:40 EEST Sunday). So 12h 52m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/958/

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Skate Canada Senior Free Dance: Results; Protocols
Skate Canada Senior Ice Dance: Results

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwWT8O1V-ho

Emilea and Vadym finished 5th out of 10 in the FD, with a score of 112.71. This meant that they remained in 5th position overall, with a score of 184.96.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch LIVE. However, I have now watched Emilea and Vadym's programme on the archived livestream. So here is a comment along the lines of what I would have written if I had been watching LIVE:

First things first, I am really disappointed that they are not wearing costumes taken from the film. Emilea is wearing a red dress with a bit of black on it. Belle never wore red. She wore blue and white as her everyday clothes, and a yellow dress when on her date with the Beast. And Vadym is wearing what looks like black training clothes. If he is portraying the Beast, he should be wearing a blue jacket. And if he is portraying Gaston (which I doubt!), he should be wearing a red top with his black trousers. (Can't think of any other characters they could be. Somehow, I don't think either of them are portraying furniture or crockery).

Did Emilea make a mistake during the opening choreography, or was she meant to go down like that?

Thought the video went haywire at one moment, changing to playing at a much faster speed, but it turned out to be part of the programme - the music did get faster, and they started skating faster.

No! A fall for Emilea.

Out of sync in the Twizzles.

Got out of sync again when the music reached the first "Beauty And the Beast" line. (I know there were no vocals, but I was singing along in my head!)

Urgh. Vocals in the final song! If you were going to have vocals for just one song, could it not have been for the middle song?!

No major mistakes, but lots of little mistakes.

Mark - would you please watch that interview video that was put up a few days ago! I know I wasn't pronouncing her name right, but your version is even worse! :drama:

Eh?! Why are there no deductions? Was what I saw maybe not a fall but part of the choreography? All the better if it was! :biggrin:

They go into the lead of the FS and overall, with a new Season's Best score for the FS.

CaroLiza_fan

Out of curiosity, I also watched the individual video on YouTube to find out what Ted had to say. And the first thing I noticed was that he was pronouncing Emilea's name the way I always thought it was pronounced. So, I'm blaming Ted for me getting it wrong! :laugh: (Even though I had never heard him commentating on her before! :p )

Who on Earth was that commentating with him during the highlights?! Whoever it was, she was getting far too emotionally involved with the programme. And she actually even admitted it! I just couldn't take in what was being said because she was gushing so much. (Although, I did notice that she was also pronouncing Emilea's name the same way as Ted).

Looking at the Protocols, I am really starting to wonder if I watched the same programme. Because there are no minus numbers at all, apart from for one element. And the Judges marks are all VERY high for everything other than that one element. But, I was seeing lots of little mistakes.

That one element was the second element, the Choreographic Step Sequence. It is noted as not having fulfilled all the requirements. So, could that have been for what I thought was a fall? It was the only element that got Judges marks that were below +1. Specifically, eight -1's; and 0 from Judge 1. It was also the only element that got minus GOE, at -0.22. And, because it already had the lowest Base Value of the programme, it was the lowest scoring element.

The Twizzles actually looked good in the Protocols, with +1 from Judge 7; +2 from three Judges; and +3 from five Judges. They also got GOE of +1.87. So, they were not punished for getting out of sync.

Emilea and Vadym finished the Free Dance 1.00 points behind 4th position, Oona BROWN / Gage BROWN (USA), and 3.37 points ahead of 6th position, Eva PATE / Logan BYE (USA).

Overall, Emilea and Vadym finished 2.66 points behind 4th position, the Browns, and 3.50 points ahead of 6th position, Pate / Bye.

Although I am still thoroughly confused by what I saw with my eyes compared to what I saw in the Protocols, I am delighted for them.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Emilea and Vadym will be making their second Senior GP appearance today at Grand Prix Espoo in Finland.

The Senior Short Dance is due to start at 18:50:00 CET (17:50:00 GMT / 19:50:00 EET). So 11 hours from now.

Emilea and Vadym will be the 1st partnership to start. So, first partnership in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 18:50:00 CET (17:50:00 GMT / 19:50:00 EET). So 11 hours from now.

Emilea and Vadym are due to start at 18:56:45 CET (17:56:45 GMT / 19:56:45 EET). So 11h 06m from now.

But, those times may change if there are delays earlier in the day.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/960

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Grand Priz Espoo Senior Short Dance: Results; Protocols

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka_pvOZ8iAg

Emilea and Vadym finished 5th out of 10 in the SD, with a score of 72.13.

There were a lot of comments about them in the competition thread, so I will just select a few to copy into this thread.

A former elite level Ice Dancer commented this during the Warm-Up:

Is it just me or does Z/K have a sort of Virtue/Moir vibe going with their costumes?

Praise indeed!

Here is what I wrote in the competition thread at the end of the Warm-Up, just before they started:

Oh, Mark said Emilea fell. I didn't spot that.

Hope that doesn't unsettle her.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EMILEA AND VADYM!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

And here is what I wrote about their programme:

They're going so fast that I can't keep up with them in my typing!

They got a bit out of sync during a spin at one point during the first section, but it was only for about a second.

But, they stayed in sync during the Twizzles.

The last time I saw them, there was a part where I thought Emilea fell, and they weren't called for it, and I concluded that it must have been part of the choreography. Well, I did notice that it wasn't there this time. So, maybe it was a fall after all, and they got away with it.

Aww, so cute the heart above the head things.

Into the lead (obviously) with a score of 72.13.

CaroLiza_fan

The Ice Dancer then replied to what I said about the last time I saw them:

If I recall correctly, they did alter the program at bit, so that wouldn't happen again. ;)

That explains everything!

Another member summed their performance up perfectly in just 4 words:

Fiery start, well done! :clap:

Our resident video archive compiler (who works in a hospital) commented:

Emilea's costume has been bothering me for some time now. The white sleeves look like a cast from neck to wrist. Also looks like she broke the other arm too. It distracts me from watching all the sharp arm moves.

To which the Ice Dancer replied:

Agreed. They should have went with a darker gray-silver colour.

And the video archive complier came back with:

Or leave her in black with white trim. She is so tiny the white makes her disappear.

I am well known for complaining about costumes that blend into the ice and make parts of the skater disappear. But, I have to admit, I have never had that problem with this costume.

Emilea and Vadym are currently 2.45 points behind 4th position, Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKO (USA), and 1.54 points ahead of 6th position, Kateřina MRÁZKOVÁ / Daniel MRÁZEK (CZE). The Mrázeks are 1.07 points ahead of Yuka ORIHARA / Juho PIRINEN (FIN).

With the way the gaps are, if they have a good Free Dance, realistically Emilea and Vadym could probably only climb one position. But, there is also a chance of them dropping two positions if they don't and the two partnerships behind them do.

The Free Dance is due to start at 19:40:00 EET (12:40:00 EDT / 17:40:00 GMT). So 10 hours from now.

Emilea and Vadym will be the 6th partnership to start. So, first partnership in Group 2.

The Group 2 Warm-Up is due to start at 20:25:55 EET (13:25:55 EDT / 18:25:55 GMT). So 10h 45m from now.

Emilea and Vadym are due to start at 20:32:40 EET (13:32:40 EDT / 18:32:40 GMT). So 10h 52m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/960

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan