Event tickets | Golden Skate

Event tickets

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
This is unofficial, it is not announced publicly, but a friend of mine received a message from Ice Lab this morning.

Tickets for LT already on sale
20€ - Official practices on Wednesday 12 Sep.
35€ - single event
80€ - daily pass (incl. practices of the day)
220€ - all event (incl. all practices)

This is pretty much the same as last year, but they found it their duty to gear up the notch of ridiculousness yet another notch, by charging the official practice of Wednesday. :palmf:

I opted for IdF this year, which actually costs less, gala included. :unsure:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
This is unofficial, it is not announced publicly, but a friend of mine received a message from Ice Lab this morning.

Tickets for LT already on sale
20€ - Official practices on Wednesday 12 Sep.
35€ - single event
80€ - daily pass (incl. practices of the day)
220€ - all event (incl. all practices)

This is pretty much the same as last year, but they found it their duty to gear up the notch of ridiculousness yet another notch, by charging the official practice of Wednesday. :palmf:

I opted for IdF this year, which actually costs less, gala included. :unsure:

Wow, that is more than I paid for great seats at Skate America, by far! I wonder how many people actually attend and pay those prices?

Does Ice Lab not realize that all event ticket for other Challengers are much cheaper? I have tix for Autumn Classic in Canada, with Yuzuru, Gabby D, Keegan M, Jun Hwan and many other top skaters scheduled to compete (and hopefully Jason and Evgenia too), and it was like $60 USD? :)

MGstyle

Medalist
@Tavi... Everyone protested this ridiculous price tag for the last two years, but I guess the organizers are immune to them. :( It is supposedly to cover the cost of this brand new spic and span venue, plus the Italian mafioso way of things. :unsure: I did pay for a la carte tickets last year because the line-up was really ideal for me, plus by far the most accessible location coming from Rome. Presence of Shoma for the last three years guaranteed a formidable influx of Japanese fans coming over and willingly shell out whatever it takes. so apparently they are feeling pretty confident about it. I seriously think this is criminal! :scowl:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
@Tavi... Everyone protested this ridiculous price tag for the last two years, but I guess the organizers are immune to them. :( It is supposedly to cover the cost of this brand new spic and span venue, plus the Italian mafioso way of things. :unsure: I did pay for a la carte tickets last year because the line-up was really ideal for me, plus by far the most accessible location coming from Rome. Presence of Shoma for the last three years guaranteed a formidable influx of Japanese fans coming over and willingly shell out whatever it takes. so apparently they are feeling pretty confident about it. I seriously think this is criminal! :scowl:

Hah! That really is a shame. What will happen if there is no Shoma = no Japanese fans? P:devil: Maybe the tickets won’t sell out and they’ll come to their senses.

In the meantime you’re going to France, which should be amazing!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Those prices are really steep! Any Sk Amer or Sk Can all-event passes I have bought have ranged from $135 - $200, sometimes including the gala, sometimes not.

MGstyle

Medalist
Hah! That really is a shame. What will happen if there is no Shoma = no Japanese fans? P:devil: Maybe the tickets won’t sell out and they’ll come to their senses.

In the meantime you’re going to France, which should be amazing!

Indeed, that's exactly what I suspect. Usually many of CS events don't attract a large crowd, it only seems to happen with the presence of either Hanyu or, to somewhat lesser an extent Shoma. And they don't particularly look to profit from the ticket sales, but here at Lombardia they obviously do. :eek: Given that luring Yuzu would be unlikely, I wonder what extent they went to secure Shoma for this event!

And thanx! This will be my first ever GP experience! It will be awesome! :love::agree:

MGstyle

Medalist
Those prices are really steep! Any Sk Amer or Sk Can all-event passes I have bought have ranged from $135 - $200, sometimes including the gala, sometimes not.

Total of the cost for tickets at IdF including the gala was 163€ (They didn't issue All Events, or at least I didn't see any... the ticket site was all in French, so it was rather a dodgy endeavour to order my tickets!!!:unsure:). I paid a whopping 12€ for all event at Nepela 3 years ago. There was no ticket to be bought at Warsaw Cup 2 years ago, and Cup of Tyrol last year, anyone could just walk in. At Finlandia Trophy, the Elite of CS, all event pass costs 110€...

MGstyle

Medalist
^^^I had hopes of possibly going to the U.S.Classic Challenger, and my recollection is that the tickets were super cheap.
You should then! I really like going to Challenger events but one thing that drives me up the wall is that you don't know who will be assigned until very late, even then there are high risks of WDs :( Too bad that Shoma isn't assigned to any GP in the US continent and pretty obviously not to USC either. Perhaps your best bet will be GPF in Vancouver in order to see your boy?

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Wow, crazy prices. I was thinking of going bc it's not crazy far from me but at this point...

MGstyle

Medalist
Wow, crazy prices. I was thinking of going bc it's not crazy far from me but at this point...

@yoloaxel several friends of mine in the area opted to go and see the practice session in Sesto Sangiovanni, which was free last year. Not sure if there will be a charge there this time around, you might want to check with them!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You should then! I really like going to Challenger events but one thing that drives me up the wall is that you don't know who will be assigned until very late, even then there are high risks of WDs :( Too bad that Shoma isn't assigned to any GP in the US continent and pretty obviously not to USC either. Perhaps your best bet will be GPF in Vancouver in order to see your boy?

I'll see him (and Jason!) at Sk Can and will go to GPF if I can get a ticket.