Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1028 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

melodramaonice

Rinkside
GUYS. i just saw the submitted music for the gala and evgenia is bringing back experience. i’m crying 😭❤️

EDIT: here is the official lineup with times and music. i’m so excited. her experience exhibition has always held such a special place in my heart.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvYTAs-nkEr/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=dqh8xkoydf4e

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Can anybody explain to me how small medals work? It might sound stupid but I‘m seriously confused right now.

I thought the skaters would get three medals, small ones, one for SP, FS each and a big one for the total result. But we saw the small medal ceremony for the FS with Rika (who was second) and there‘s this video of it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HVXcjkI9lI8

In the background we can clearly see on the big board that the order is:

Zagitova
Kihira
Medvedeva

In the order they got their medals. However, at the small medal video we saw where Zhenya is doing this little jump to her music, on the board behind her it‘s

Zagitova
Tursynbaeva
Medvedeva

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvW88t6HJBK/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=vachxunu3xns

Also, in the video with Kihira she clearly doesn‘t do the small jump. So, what else could she have got another medal for? And why was her SP music playing. Can anyone explain because I‘m sure there must be a logical reason and I‘m too tired to have my brain work reasonably. :laugh:

The small medal ceremony is separately for the SP and the FS. Basically it's awarding medals to the first 3 in the SP (usually done just before the press conference), and similarly to the first 3 in the FS. So, here for example, Alina was first, Rika was second, and Evgenia third, but only in the FS. For the SP, the medals were: Alina-gold, Kaori-silver, Elizabet-bronze :)

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Ah so many memories! I think we can see here that when she goes back to the previous hairstyle and makeup, she looks much younger again ^_^
I really liked her hair :luv17:

melodramaonice

Rinkside
Don't know if this has been posted already.
Cathy Reed about Zhenya:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvXEmMVI66x/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

all the love for zhenya. 😍

ps — anyone notice she inverted the colors from experience? black dress and red feather this time as opposed to red dress and black feather. like, maybe i’m overthinking it but i’m pretty sure i’m not....such a clear representation of how she’s a completely different person now than she was almost a year ago. 😭💕

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Experience is so beautiful. What an emotional and sincere program. That spiral was gorgeous.

Now, here's to hoping Zhenya's hip can heal within a few days...

Fluture

Record Breaker
The small medal ceremony is separately for the SP and the FS. Basically it's awarding medals to the first 3 in the SP (usually done just before the press conference), and similarly to the first 3 in the FS. So, here for example, Alina was first, Rika was second, and Evgenia third, but only in the FS. For the SP, the medals were: Alina-gold, Kaori-silver, Elizabet-bronze :)

I know but I was confused because in the video with Zhenya we heard her SP music playing and doing the little leap to Tosca and on the board behind her the names of the girls on the final podium were written (Alina Elizabet Evgenia) whereas in the video with Rika it were the results of the FS (Alina Rika Evgenia). So, that clearly means those were two different ceremonies or why would Elizabet’s name be on the board if she didn’t get a any medal other than for the SP which was days ago? That‘s why I was confused but it probably doesn‘t matter.

Also: Can‘t wait to see Experience! Can‘t believe Zhenya brought it back. It‘s my favorite exhibition.