Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1185 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Fluture

Record Breaker
I remember that Aver said the sport was first for Zhenya...Maybe if she qualifies for Europeans she doesn't do the shows ... after all, all the shows have replacements.

Maybe she won’t do all the shows? But I don‘t think they‘d announce it like that if there was a reasonable chance of her not doing them in the end.

Maia96

On the Ice
Maybe she won’t do all the shows? But I don‘t think they‘d announce it like that if there was a reasonable chance of her not doing them in the end.

Nothing silly Aver to announce his show a few days before she arrives in Russia. He has guaranteed the advertising for the show.:laugh:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not worried. Evgenia knows how to train for a major competition like Europeans. She would not agree to do a show, if she thought it would hurt her chances at Europeans. Plus, Ilia wants her to succeed, he knows how to coach, too.

Maia96

On the Ice
I'm not worried. Evgenia knows how to train for a major competition like Europeans. She would not agree to do a show, if she thought it would hurt her chances at Europeans. Plus, Ilia wants her to succeed, he knows how to coach, too.

You're right. Zhenya is a smart girl.

On the other side, I remember that Liza Tuktik was doing shows in Japan until a week before WTT and did an amazing job. I know that WTT isn’t so important than Euros but her result was great ... The same could happen with Zhenya.

ecr1221

Rinkside
Also, Zhenya will literally be practicing performing because of the shows. We know she always knows her programs, but sometimes when she makes a mistake, it derails her. I think she has decided that doing shows is confidence building for her (her first tours were the end of this past season), and if she messes up, she can practice getting back on track even more, which is important so close to Euro's.

Watch

Final Flight
The timing of the show is weird, but I'm not too concerned for now. Dunno why, but I have a strangely good feeling about this season... hope it won't betray me :D
And yay, welcome back to Moscow, Zhenya! The prepared for a week full of content!

Placebo11

On the Ice
I'm not worried either. She's a smart girl and knows what to do. And she will be in Moscow anyway during the holiday season.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Concerned about...?
Lol there are like only 10 posts to read to figure this out. Zhenya will be participating in an ice show around New Year, supposedly until 12th January. We are worried about her not being able to train properly, especially in the case she goes to Europeans which are around the 20th of January.

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
Lol there are like only 10 posts to read to figure this out. Zhenya will be participating in an ice show around New Year, supposedly until 12th January. We are worried about her not being able to train properly, especially in the case she goes to Europeans which are around the 20th of January.
Ohhhh okay thanks [emoji13] Actually yeah, I get that it's a bit worrying [emoji51] but I think she's pretty smart and if she thinks it's too much I think and hope she'll make the right choices... yeah, I know about Europeans cos my friend is competing there.. in Austria am I right?

Vandevska

Medalist
Ohhhh okay thanks [emoji13] Actually yeah, I get that it's a bit worrying [emoji51] but I think she's pretty smart and if she thinks it's too much I think and hope she'll make the right choices... yeah, I know about Europeans cos my friend is competing there.. in Austria am I right?

Yes ;)

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
I am not worried re the Averbukh show. She needs to maintain her foothold in Russia and since she is mostly abroad the whole year, this is a great way to cultivate that. Also, if I remember correctly, skaters really take a long break over the New Year's in Russia - isn't the Orthodox Christmas celebrated around the same period? In a way, she will be training continuously during the time when others are on break, so she will be ready for Euros.

In any event, as always, I have full confidence that Zhenya has decided how her year will look like considering what's best for her.

Vandevska

Medalist
Don't get me wrong, I think that Zhenya is still competitive, and definitely not thinking about retiring, but I think she's also planning ahead for life after retirement. And I don't think it's a bad thing. She's essentially the most marketable skater in Russia and in top 3-5 worldwide, so it's a good thing to establish herself even more. It's a very smart move.