Eunsoo Lim
Elizabet Tursynbaeva
Li Yiang
Hongyi Chen
Roberta Rodeghiero

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
And she still got 142 with that... meaning.. MORE POINTS NEXT TIME!

Just for fun I calculated with skatingscore's calculator how much Zhenya would have gotten without the two UR calls and if she had replaced her second 3Lz with a Flip at ACI in her Free, I kept the the GOEs the same as the judges gave them. She would have gotten around 151-152 points! If I keep the second Lutz and the edge call, she could have gotten around 148 points without the URs, which is still pretty good. Considering that some GOEs like on the 3Loop (which she usually gets 4s for) suffered due to Zhenya fighting at the end to land all her jumps, as well as the slightly stricter PCs judging at ACI, I imagine that Zhenya's score will be around 154-155, if she is completely clean (with only one Lutz and a ! call) and gets around 74-75 in PCs.

Aichwan

Rinkside
It was clear from the beginning that I would not be easy or almost impossible against prepubescent girls from Eteri. Sure Zhenya can not beat Trusova if she lands all her quads but she can try to skate squeaky clean. If clean, she can beat both Kihira and Trusova when the quads are not landed. It might be unlikely to happen (that they fall) but I think a third place with a high score would be also positive. IMO the main reason for the coaching change was not this year grand prinx final, it was the wish for a continuation of her figure skating career and not to be a short term project in the Sambo70 school (some call it factory like yagudin in an interview yesterday) like it was in the past.

Yes, she is up 2times against Trusova but would it make a huge difference if she would be up against Anna S. or Alena K.?

I agree with you!
How I see it it's not that she doesn't care about making it to big competitions this year, but, her main goal is more long term (Beijin 2022).
She knows that to reach it, she has to polish her current skills and learn quad(s). Obviously, the proper healthy technique takes time and she might have to lose and win some.
However, I think that her ultimate and most important goal is to improve her health so she can have a long fruitful career. I don't think her previous coaches cared as much about this aspect, and we were all witnesses to how her body started falling apart.
I personally don't believe her health is 100% just yet, this is my speculation by seeing how easily she injured herself in the warm-up for Worlds.
Anyway, I trust that Zhenya knows what it best for her and no matter what I will always support her :hap10:

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
Just for fun I calculated with skatingscore's calculator how much Zhenya would have gotten without the two UR calls and if she had replaced her second 3Lz with a Flip at ACI in her Free, I kept the the GOEs the same as the judges gave them. She would have gotten around 151-152 points! If I keep the second Lutz and the edge call, she could have gotten around 148 points without the URs, which is still pretty good. Considering that some GOEs like on the 3Loop (which she usually gets 4s for) suffered due to Zhenya fighting at the end to land all her jumps, as well as the slightly stricter PCs judging at ACI, I imagine that Zhenya's score will be around 154-155, if she is completely clean (with only one Lutz and a ! call) and gets around 74-75 in PCs.

There's a lot of points to be picked up if she revises her layout to change that second Lutz to a flip. It really depends on what the goal is for the season.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
There's a lot of points to be picked up if she revises her layout to change that second Lutz to a flip. It really depends on what the goal is for the season.
Yes, I just wanted to play around a little and see what kind of score she could get depending on her layout :) obviously one of Zhenya's goals for the next seasons is to jump a correct Lutz under pressure, which is why she put in 3 Lutzes into her programs again and she knows what it may cost and seems to be quite satisfied with that at this stage :)

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
I had a random thought and I think that I'm grateful that Zhenya was silver at the Olympics and not gold. If she had won gold probably she wouldn't have moved to TCC and improved to the level she is today. What doesn't make you win, makes you stronger.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I had a random thought and I think that I'm grateful that Zhenya was silver at the Olympics and not gold. If she had won gold probably she wouldn't have moved to TCC and improved to the level she is today. What doesn't make you win, makes you stronger.

Very interesting take. Even if she got the gold I don't think Zhenya would have just gone away. But we will never know.

Arbitrary

Medalist
You mean Javier Fernandes?
That was his swan song, the last competition he participated.
The WC-19 was the last competition for Zhenya before the "Peaky Blinders" of Tutberidze arrived. Not forgetting ZAG is still favoured by judges above her.

OK, let wait the RusNats.
But... I have a bad feeling about that.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You mean Javier Fernandes?
That was his swan song, the last competition he participated.

And everyone was having virtual kittens over his lack of preparatory training as it was... I don't think Evgenia wants to emulate THAT little exercise, truly.