Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1423 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Fluture

Record Breaker
Her dress is so beautiful, just like Evgenia 's Nocturne. :)

Aw, I love seeing all this content. This girl looked so happy seeing Zhenya, so nice!!

She has a way to make the fans comfortable, she‘s never stand-offish but jokes and laughs.

I especially love this video. How she ensures the girl won‘t need the dress anymore so she can sign it, and then how she asks to take a picture because it‘s so cool. You could tell how proud and happy it made the girl. Amazing. :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9OaK1rI4_b/?igshid=slxnovupxbrv

Really, there have been few medals in Zhenya‘s career that made me so happy like this seminar does. Just shows again what‘s really important in life.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Another part from the Q&A with Zhenya:

"Mental health is a big part of my life. Sometimes I go "what if I can't" and is totally unhealthy.
The only thing I tell myself is that I'm good in this, I've been jumping for ten years, it helps me.
Sometimes you don't have to prove to anybody, you only have to prove yourself"

"I think I'm lucky, my body heals very fast. Last year during Worlds, I had a hip problem, and it was a really serious injury, so doctors told me I had to stop skating for 4 months But after one month it didn't hurt anymore and I started to skate carefully."
"And my doctor texted me after one month asked how I was doing, and I was like 'im already jumping' and he wa slike 'are you crazy'
And after two months, I was already jumping my triples."
"I still have some health problems that is impossible to fix anymore, like my back.
That's why I'm not doing my layback now, but it's not a big deal, as long as I have my spins level 4 and my jumps it's ok."

https://twitter.com/MedvedevaNation/status/1234508399158661125?s=19

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
More transcripted parts from the Q&A (from Medvedeva Nation)

Have you ever thought about quitting FS?
-Never thought about it. I think this is for the rest of my life. Whether it’s coaching, skating in a show, some kind of social activity or creating something of your own. And even when I stop competing, I will not give up FS, I love it.
- Why do you like figure skating?
Because I can express myself. I have already gone through a lot of emotions in my life, and I can show them: suffering, happiness, broken heart, love, friendship, many things. And I like to express my feelings on ice.
-I'm afraid of many things. So I really force myself to do this. Sometimes I need outside help, from mom or Brian, because it shakes me & they help me get through this. I'm very shy to talk about it, but it's me, it's true. I'm not fearless. And sometimes it's difficult for me.

About bad competitions:
"For several days I was in a very bad mood. And Brian really helped me. I felt that my coaches believed in me, and I was ready to go and overcome these bad times. They told me that everything would be fine. And everything really became good."

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
New interview with Brian

THE NEW EVGENIA: “SHE’S NOT DEFINING HERSELF BY A SCORE OR BY A RESULT – SHE’S DEFINING HERSELF BY WHAT SHE’S BRINGING TO THE SKATING”

Q:Now onto your most prestigious European skater at the moment – how was Evgenia Medvedeva’s season before the abrupt disruption of it?

B: The season was going well. Especially in Moscow, at the Cup of Russia, she was great!

And things were really starting to come together, training well, working hard, so it was really unfortunate, her boot-situation. And there was nothing we could do about it.

[Due to one of her boots breaking during practice in Krasnoyarsk, and after performing the short program with the same damaged pair, Evgenia Medvedeva withdrew from the Russian Nationals in December – IS note]

Q:So the season has definitely come to an end for her?

B:Yes, it’s over for the season.

But she’s on her way back to Toronto actually right now [January 25] – as we speak, she’s on a plain to Toronto. So we will meet and come up with some kind of a plan.

Q:From the coach’s point of you – Evgenia has been in Toronto for more than a year and a half now – how do you see her improvement? To us, the progress she has made, in all areas, is very out there: the speed, the jumps, the flow…

B:Everything. [smiling] Yeah, but that’s it – you just said it: the speed, the confidence…

One thing that she has said, and that we have noticed, is that she just loves being a woman, she loves bringing that women’s figure skating.

Sure, she can do some very good tricks – but now it feels to me that she has embraced her body and what she has to offer to the sport. So that’s exciting – I mean, it makes me happy to see that she has embraced that.

And that she’s not defining herself by a score or by a result – she’s defining herself by what she’s bringing to the skating. And I was happy to see this year that we had a couple of really good skates.

Q:But in the light of how this season has been, with all the quads brought to the scene?

B:Yeah, I know, but you know what? We do what we can do.

We can’t get hung up on all the quad-stuff – we have to just focus on what we can do, and be realistic about it. And, sure, she does want to keep working on the quads…

Look, I am not obsessed with this idea, but from the way this season has gone so far it almost seems mandatory that, in order to be competitive, you have to have a quad… Not to win, to be competitive even…

We’re talking Top Three, because those are the ones… [smiling] I mean, for real.

And then there’s the Japanese girl that has a nice triple Axel [Rika Kihira], and there are some other skaters there are quite competitive. So, yeah, that’s where the sport is going…

Q:But do you agree with where the sport is going? The ladies skating, I mean, because the men have had their story with the quads… Do we want the ladies to go there as well?

I don’t know. [smiling] I’m all for being competitive, I’m all for that. [pausing] …I don’t know.

But, you know what, wherever we’re dealt, wherever the rules are, whoever we’re competing against, we do the best we can. And that’s all we can do.

If I start complaining about the system, complaining about the age, or complaining about quads, then my energy is going somewhere that’s negative. I need to be positive for the athletes and do what we can do.

Do I want her to be competitive? Yes. Are we gonna work on the quad Salchow? Yes.

And, you know what, Tuktamysheva, I mean, she’s the perfect example. That she has learned this as a woman, as a young woman. She has done this. So that’s possible.

http://www.insideskating.net/2020/0...nversation-about-his-european-skaters-old-new

vixen0089

On the Ice
Since she is inviting everyone to the Russia Go show at the end of March, I think it might be related to that. Probably a new ex? What do you guess the song could be? :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9TQtz_otQO/?igshid=xcf2pprol6ye

To be honest I have no idea what that could be [emoji848] but knowing Zhenya it will be a song that I will fall in love with right away [emoji85] I was so happy when I found a playlist on Spotify with the songs she skated to.

Do you have any speculations about the music?