Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 877 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

grey19

On the Ice
I love Sima and I love how she is still fighting and not giving up, despite the tough field and the Russian Fed not cutting her any slack at all. (Still salty about her not being at Nationals :devil: ) I hope they can meet at some point in the future and compete against and with each other like they did in their junior days. And it‘s great that, despite the different paths their lives and careers took, they still know that they can completely and utterly rely on each other and that whatever they said in the past stays with the other and will not be told to anyone. It‘s good to be able to have such trust.

Completely agree with everything you've said. I know this is Zhenya's page, but a little off topic. Sima seems optimistic and looks like she is in good place.:yahoo:

ElvieHope

Rinkside
Yes, it would be amazing. I' ve just watched Sima's new interview, God, she is such a good person. She also said a lot of very good things about Zhenya. She completely trusts her, she knows that Zhenya would never disclose her secret or her words that she had said in private. Zhenya is able.to cheer Sima up with only one voice message... And again, Serafima is such a good kid!

Off topic, but You can give a link to the video with Serafima, please. For a long time nowhere in sight, it would be interesting to listen to her. Thanks.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Off topic, but You can give a link to the video with Serafima, please. For a long time nowhere in sight, it would be interesting to listen to her. Thank.

When I first starting liking Zhenya, her friendship with Sima was so nice. They have the type of friendship that should last a lifetime.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States

Good quality video from the radio studio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQyzZIISMeI

Now, that's what I call a good PR. And good job at Rus Nats taking pictures with Alina and other girls. Now she and her agent Levan Matua just need to kindly ask people like Doug Haw and few others from Orser crowd to stop spreading gossips and getting ugly at TSL's rubbish. Because partially that's exactly that hurt her image and perception the most. Both internationally and domestically. Her appearance and hanging out with the girls and this radio show PR-thing with Kristian Kostov helping her a lot now. Good job. :clapper:

Wheelz

On the Ice
Good quality video from the radio studio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQyzZIISMeI

Now, that's what I call a good PR. And good job at Rus Nats taking pictures with Alina and other girls. Now she and her agent Levan Matua just need to kindly ask people like Doug Haw and few others from Orser crowd to stop spreading gossips and getting ugly at TSL's rubbish. Because partially that's exactly that hurt her image and perception the most. Both internationally and domestically. Her appearance and hanging out with the girls and this radio show PR-thing with Kristian Kostov helping her a lot now. Good job. :clapper:

I thought Ari Zakarian was Zhenya’s agent.

Fluture

Record Breaker

Can anyone tell me why I always read PR as pre-rotation? :laugh: I have watched too much KK for my poor soul to bear.

I doubt Orser wanted TSL to tell that Eteri told her to go make babies, though. That seems not like Brian at all and it doesn‘t make any sense since Zhenya later said this was a lie. So, I figure some of the news is trusted on TSL to be spread and they add their own “views“ and “thoughts“ to that. Maybe to add some “spice“ by having such rumours. :palmf:

- - - Updated - - -

I thought Ari Zakarian was Zhenya’s agent.

I thought so, too.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Alina Kabaeva in her recent lengthy interview spoke out in defense of Zhenya and Alina. Advised them both not to read social networks too much: "Me and my girlfriends back in my days were not spending too much time in social networks and reading press. We just worked hard. We knew our price and what we wanted, we were going towards our goals. We were winning."

Amen.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alina Kabaeva in her recent lengthy interview spoke out in defense of Zhenya and Alina. Advised them both not to read social networks too much: "Me and my girlfriends back in my days were not spending too much time in social networks and reading press. We just worked hard. We knew our price and what we wanted, we were going towards our goals. We were winning."

Amen.

Zhenya has been getting that advice from Brian Orser since she decided to train with him; he advises all his students to stay away from social media. Good to see that this person (who I don’t know, I will be honest) agrees with Brian.:agree:

He has done so much to help her image and reputation:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Rexarcadia

On the Ice
Guys, look at the difference between Zhenya one year ago and now.

I think she looks so much healthier and more mature now. To me, it reaffirms that her coaching change was necessary.

She demanded so much of her body leading up to the Olympics and it clearly took a toll on her health. I guess one could say it was worth it, given that she was able to deliver unforgettable performances. But that training approach was just not sustainable going forward.

I'm just so happy she's in an environment that prioritizes her nutrition and health now.

Considering she's had to adapt to a new body and a new lifestyle this season, I'd say she's doing great. She is in a much better position for longevity than before. Her happiness and health are worth more than any medals!

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
To be honest, when I think about why Zhenya left Eteri, I think it's because of something personal instead of the rigorous training process. Zhenya and Eteri are truly similar since they spent so much time together, and in the grand scheme of things I think both of them would get upset over something that to another person might not make sense. So, I think that it was because of something that we might not even think of instead of just Zhenya being tired of the training process. She obviously was deeply hurt by something, but we can only speculate what that was.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist

I think she looks so much healthier and more mature now. To me, it reaffirms that her coaching change was necessary.

She demanded so much of her body leading up to the Olympics and it clearly took a toll on her health. I guess one could say it was worth it, given that she was able to deliver unforgettable performances. But that training approach was just not sustainable going forward.

I'm just so happy she's in an environment that prioritizes her nutrition and health now.

Considering she's had to adapt to a new body and a new lifestyle this season, I'd say she's doing great. She is in a much better position for longevity than before. Her happiness and health are worth more than any medals!

Yesterday I watched the gala from Rostelecom Cup last year because I wanted to see her wear that beautiful dress (my favourite ever) and seeing her so skinny (since I haven't seen an older video in a while) made me uncomfortable honestly. She's skinny now too, but more muscular and seeing her in that video made me think "how did this poor thing gain power and speed and energy during a program with that body?!" and made me wanna give her a hug.

AudreyB

Rinkside
I just watched the radio interview with subtitles and was wondering about the bit where she was saying that it annoyed her when men said girls should only be in the kitchen - did anyone else get the feeling that she didn't want to agree that what she was talking about was equality and then when someone said 'oh those feminists' she said 'so be it' begrudgingly? I don't speak Russian at all, so not sure if I'm getting lost in translation here. Either that or I hope I'm misreading the situation, because surely she'd be all for equality? for feminism?
or maybe she's just young and just doesn't realise that what she's talking about is equality...
anyway, maybe I should stop judging and just appreciate her for her figure skating and her grit.

karlamsloki

Rinkside
I just watched the radio interview with subtitles and was wondering about the bit where she was saying that it annoyed her when men said girls should only be in the kitchen - did anyone else get the feeling that she didn't want to agree that what she was talking about was equality and then when someone said 'oh those feminists' she said 'so be it' begrudgingly? I don't speak Russian at all, so not sure if I'm getting lost in translation here. Either that or I hope I'm misreading the situation, because surely she'd be all for equality? for feminism?
or maybe she's just young and just doesn't realise that what she's talking about is equality...
anyway, maybe I should stop judging and just appreciate her for her figure skating and her grit.

Ah I had just come to comment about the radio interview myself. I found that oddly phrased though I do understand her hesitation about the word feminist since (without getting too off topic) it has become incredibly 'mainstream' and it has been misused to the point where it became a marketing ploy for companies and it has even been used to pit women against each other. I have noticed the last few years that women don't tend to use the word feminist as much (myself included) but lean more towards saying things like "women's rights" and "women's rights activists". So I feel like Zhenya might have grown up in a world where the word lost its value but if she was asked if she supporter of women's rights I think she would more than happy to say yes.

Of course I might just be getting the situation all wrong and you should ignore me.

karlamsloki

Rinkside

If you had told me that the first picture was Photoshop I would believe you, the sad thing it's that I know it's not and that was really her body. Her health has taken such a turn and she practically glows now and she truly looks like a maturing 19 year old girl.

Dmitryfromsiberia

On the Ice
Any idea on what was the purpose of the meeting?
One of the options topic of the meeting, such as participation in the opening of the Universiade, the lighting of the fire. Or other representative functions. Zhenya has a good experience of representation, she defended Russia's trip to the Olympics in the International Olympic Committee.

Watch

Final Flight
Ah I had just come to comment about the radio interview myself. I found that oddly phrased though I do understand her hesitation about the word feminist since (without getting too off topic) it has become incredibly 'mainstream' and it has been misused to the point where it became a marketing ploy for companies and it has even been used to pit women against each other. I have noticed the last few years that women don't tend to use the word feminist as much (myself included) but lean more towards saying things like "women's rights" and "women's rights activists". So I feel like Zhenya might have grown up in a world where the word lost its value but if she was asked if she supporter of women's rights I think she would more than happy to say yes.

Of course I might just be getting the situation all wrong and you should ignore me.

No, you're right. In Russia (and other former-Soviet states) "feminist" is being used in deragotory manner way more often then in the West nowadays. In the "those crazy feminists" type of way. So it's very likely she has a very bad impression of what "feminists" supposedly are. (I could go on a long rant about that topic, but I won't)

https://twitter.com/MedvedevaNation/status/1078230679505248256?s=19

Zhenya skating and getting filmed on a public rink in Moscow :) so cute

Go earn that money, girl!