Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 954 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
Why do they hate Zhenya so much? I know about the fuss after leaving Eteri, of course. But I still don't get it.

Because Evgenia is such a threat.

Unfortunately for them - she ain’t going nowhere. :agree:

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Why do they hate Zhenya so much? I know about the fuss after leaving Eteri, of course. But I still don't get it.
Because zhenya is fighting and is coming back stronger than ever showing them that no she will never give up ,while most of their favorite alina seems to be declining after her great start into the season. Mabye its also that zhenya is loved by so many people. People that will stand beside her no matter what. Don't get me wrong I do like alina, but for me it looks like the girl needs a vacation,

bubblecherry

Final Flight
I don't know why I bother looking in that thread. It's just a bunch of blatant lies, nonsensical conspiracy theories, and personal attacks. It used to bother me but now it just makes me sad that people are so blinded by hatred that they cannot grasp reality.

Anyway, I hope Rusfed releases their Worlds picks soon so we can start discussing off-season festivities :)

Fluture

Record Breaker
Because zhenya is fighting and is coming back stronger than ever showing them that no she will never give up ,while most of their favorite alina seems to be declining after her great start into the season. Mabye its also that zhenya is loved by so many people. People that will stand beside her no matter what. Don't get me wrong I do like alina, but for me it looks like the girl needs a vacation,

Let’s leave Alina out of that (or any other skater for that matter).

I personally think it‘s more of a different reason that has to do with there being a lot of fans that might not necessarily be fans of Russian ladies in general but rather a certain Russian coach. (without calling names) So, when Zhenya left, she became the enemy. I think that‘s quite funny, to be honest. What I don‘t like, though, are those that were fan of her when she was winning everything and now started to turn against her as she struggled. That‘s hypocritical. Either support her both when things are going well and when they aren‘t, or don‘t call yourself a fan in the first place when you know you will only be able to stay with them when they‘re facing no troubles whatsoever.

But let‘s not talk about that. Let‘s look at my favorite picture of the day yesterday:

Happy Zhenya. She was so excited about the flower crown, it was cute!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuL4nFznij7/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=5iav72umd7f5

Amef

Final Flight
Yes I agree with other users: let's leave alina out of this.

She has been consistent this season with actual gold and silver medals on the grand prix circuit. Plus this is her health and body. Let her decide when to take a "vacation"

Watch

Final Flight
I personally think it‘s more of a different reason that has to do with there being a lot of fans that might not necessarily be fans of Russian ladies in general but rather a certain Russian coach. (without calling names) So, when Zhenya left, she became the enemy. I think that‘s quite funny, to be honest. What I don‘t like, though, are those that were fan of her when she was winning everything and now started to turn against her as she struggled. That‘s hypocritical. Either support her both when things are going well and when they aren‘t, or don‘t call yourself a fan in the first place when you know you will only be able to stay with them when they‘re facing no troubles whatsoever.

But let‘s not talk about that. Let‘s look at my favorite picture of the day yesterday:

Happy Zhenya. She was so excited about the flower crown, it was cute!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuL4nFznij7/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=5iav72umd7f5

Yes, that's the reason plain and simple, I agree. Seen it here, seen it elsewhere and it's the same pattern of people clearly being more fans of her old coaching team than any actual skater personally and picking sides depending on that.

Anyway, the photos of Zhenya with the flower crown give me life!

luanddu

On the Ice
I know some of us are upset by all the negative comments Zhenya has undeservedly received since yesterday.

However, we must feel happy for Zhenya because, even though she wasn't flawless, she skated better (not talking about the scores) than in her last competitions, and that's all we should care about.

Last year by this time, Zhenya managed to win silver at the Olympics despite skating with an injury in her foot and having back problems. It was heartbreaking though to see her disappointment when the scores came after such a big effort. By that time I thought that Zhenya would retire after that competition.

But our girl is a fighter and she wasn't going to give up!! I'm very happy that she decided to continue and to watch her skate even if it is in domestic competitions like Russian Cup Final.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I know some of us are upset by all the negative comments Zhenya has undeservedly received since yesterday.

However, we must feel happy for Zhenya because, even though she wasn't flawless, she skated better (not talking about the scores) than in her last competitions, and that's all we should care about.

Last year by this time, Zhenya managed to win silver at the Olympics despite skating with an injury in her foot and having back problems. It was heartbreaking though to see her disappointment when the scores came after such a big effort. By that time I thought that Zhenya would retire after that competition.

But our girl is a fighter and she wasn't going to give up!! I'm very happy that she decided to continue and to watch her skate even if it is in domestic competitions like Russian Cup Final.

This is so true. Exactly last year she “lost“ the Olympic Gold. She‘s won two Silver Medals and I hope now she can be happy with her achievements and be proud of what she managed to do despite the difficult circumstances but at that time, it felt crushing and heartbreaking. To me this shows a lot:

2018:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuNuJONHFSz/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=12j3js4iy713h

2019:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuMZk5DngHS/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=j4uafstjuusx

Really, let‘s celebrate our girl for what she‘s achieved last year, how much she‘s worked and overcome herself but also how much she grew this season, how she moved on from a grand disappointment and continues to fight despite of recent struggles. And how she finds her happiness again and is now on the path to learning how to fight but fight with pleasure, like she‘s said herself. Step by step.

Here’s a beautiful drawing of our girl:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuM8dOCHjrR/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=tbs4gri83hl7