Evgenia Tarasova & Vladimir Morozov | Page 29 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Tarasova & Vladimir Morozov

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Dear old SBS Australia shows figure skating highlights on Saturday afternoons in summer here and this week it's Pairs.

I gotta say for reasons I can't explain I really do love the music from T/M's FS last year. The screeching vocals in this season's don't float my boat. On the other hand they have been doing super well with said music.

I'm reminded they'll be competing at the upcoming Challenge Cup, although I don't believe I'll be able to watch, firstly because of the time difference and secondly because you have to pay for the Livestream I believe and the Aussie dollar to Euro exchange rate is something shocking.

Still! T/M have been getting into Insta lately! Mostly in stories so I can't share, but here's a few posts.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKzTNkPJAJ8 - I actually haven't got a clue what's going on, but that Mustang matches Vovan's hair! :laugh2: Also the Curb Your Enthusiasm music is just funny.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKLr2L-p-f- - Vovan and his doppleganger. Or is it the other way around? 😉

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK3NNy3AMrp - Zhenya enjoying the Sochi sunshine.

Oh and you can't go past Maxim T's and Sergei V's masks at the TV1 Cup Event: https://www.instagram.com/p/CK9jMvyJKFo - That's dedication! 🥰

I wonder...do you think T/M will go back to Marina for next season? I'm conflicted, on the one hand she's done great work with them, but on the other Sergei V has really helped them emotionally. Hmmmm 🤔 would Sergei V go to Florida with them I wonder?

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Evgenya and Vladimir won the Challenge Cup today. It wasn't their best skate (Vladimir fell on the combination jump and Evgenia doubled - without an additional jump, and the throw 3S wasn't really good either) ever, but their triple twist was gorgeous and their overall good quality did light everything up. A deserved win so to speak, but a bit of a rough skate by their standards. I still enjoyed it very much. I would love to share it, but that's not possible. It's possible the competition will be put up on YouTube eventually, but alas not immediately.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Evgenya and Vladimir won the Challenge Cup today. It wasn't their best skate (Vladimir fell on the combination jump and Evgenia doubled - without an additional jump, and the throw 3S wasn't really good either) ever, but their triple twist was gorgeous and their overall good quality did light everything up. A deserved win so to speak, but a bit of a rough skate by their standards. I still enjoyed it very much. I would love to share it, but that's not possible. It's possible the competition will be put up on YouTube eventually, but alas not immediately.

Here's their FS from Challenge Cup:

I adore their animated version! They should cameo in Yuri on Ice :laugh:

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Wow, I've watched this FS for an entire season and just now realize the song is sung in English. ><

Poor Voronov doesn't get a chair at the K&C.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well utter disaster. T/M are off the podium.

I was so hopeful so hopeful.

And call me unfair, but people scratching around for crumbs to "compliment" them on. I hate it.

Call a spade, a spade. Don't give me BS about "lovely elements" and crap.

They failed, they know they failed and they don't need empty praise and pats on the head.

It's insulting.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
It's not just a training, but Daniil Gleikhengauz has choreographed a new exibition for them.

esteticlove

Final Flight
Wow! I am wondering whose wild idea was to approach Eteri in the first place? Its rather unconventional but I like it. After seeing the new EX, I think they can definitely profit from her team. Eversince they started competing as seniors, I was struggling with the discrepancy between their huge technical talent and lack of charisma (even though they have really good posture and finish their arm movements properly). I think in this gala they showed a new side of themselves. Finally. The music is dull and the choreo nothing unseen, but still I was touched by their performance at the end. It actually reminded me of the old classic Volosozhar/Trankov style and its funny that they werent able to reach this level of expression earlier, despite having Maxim on their side for so many seasons.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
It's official now, T/M will be preparing in Sambo, their coaches will be both Eteri and Maksim.

Artemisa

Final Flight
It's official now, T/M will be preparing in Sambo, their coaches will be both Eteri and Maksim.
It can be a good move .. Eteri is the queen in getting every point .. on the other hand maybe that would be the future on girls that don't get to the main team... she is getting them a future... so imagine people can jump 3 -3, with Ltz and loops with perfect spins .. that would be a game changer