Exhibition online!! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Exhibition online!!

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
I thought Joannie's program was great! That style suites her soooo much! One can tell that it was Shae-Lynn Bourne that choreographed it.
I loved it when she and Patrick came and skated together. Long live Canada!!!

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Alas, I did not get to see these exhibitions, but I am glad to read that they were so lovely.

Regarding USFS's policy this season, the timing is not good, as the country is in the financial doldrums. Last season there was some streaming from Turkey that was free; I wonder what it costs to do that. After all, visible skating is real advertising for the sport. If the *children* of the US don't get to see skating, then they are not very apt to become interested in becoming competitive skaters, themselves.

In Russia, Ilya Averbukh has created something amazing and wonderful. The Russian skating federation did not think ahead enough, so Russia has been having to rebuild its competitive power in the field of figure skating. Ilya Averbukh and his team make sure that the children of Russia are inspired to think in terms of figure skating. The US federation needs to think about inspiring the children; surely that is the very basis of producing competent "depth" among its skaters. Invisibility is not inspiring.

There is also another crisis in the US, that of "identity theft". Some businesses give their customers the option of choosing to put a credit card number online, or choosing to order by telephone. I know of two businesses for whom offering that option has been lucrative. ;)

Vicky458

On the Ice
Can anyone download Caroline's ex and Brian's and Joannie's on Dailymotion? I have been able to see some programs there that have not been removed.

fiercemao

Match Penalty
Can anyone download Caroline's ex and Brian's and Joannie's on Dailymotion? I have been able to see some programs there that have not been removed.

Do you know if USFS is able to put their dirty hands on 'Dailymotion'?

The battle against USFS jerks continues!!

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Caroline's exhibition was posted twice, and they've both been taken off. Well, at least we saw it.

They can't take that away from us.

fiercemao

Match Penalty
Thank you. This video clarity is superior to the one that was up on youtube. I could watch this over and over it so beautiful.

It will be interesting to see whether IN has the means to persuade dailymotion to take down FS videos. dailymotion seems to have servers around the world, what will IN's excuse to ask videos to be taken down from a server located in a 'foreign country'?

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
It will be interesting to see whether IN has the means to persuade dailymotion to take down FS videos. dailymotion seems to have servers around the world, what will IN's excuse to ask videos to be taken down from a server located in a 'foreign country'?

Thank you, Fiercemao. :clap: And if I ever find Caroline's free skate from nationals, I'll certainly post it.

One thing in our favor is that Dailymotion is not very well known. Ice Network may not even know they exist. :biggrin:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Same as here. Dailymotion must restrict ability of US viewers to see GP videos. Other countries are not affected. Dailymotion may actually have that ability as each member has a little country flag next to their name.

However, if you peruse their infringement policy it involves one set of lawyers filing papers with another set of lawyer--not just pop them an email, like it is in the US with youtube. Videos on DM should stay up longer than YT.

fiercemao

Match Penalty

feraina

Record Breaker
One thing in our favor is that Dailymotion is not very well known. Ice Network may not even know they exist. :biggrin:

Well, Visaslikid has said that USFSA actually have several people combing the web daily to find copyright violations, including browsing skating forums for links. So maybe now they *will* know about dailymotion. :( I suggest that we not post any more links to GS, but rather post a message to say that we have the video or know where to find it and ask people to PM. That might be the only way to disseminate videos now without destroying them in the process. :no:

Btw, I find it absolutely ridiculous that USFSA is cracking down so hard. Instead of hiring several people to do this daily, they could've used the hundreds of thousands of dollars every year to *promote* figure skating, to allow it to reach a wider audience. Their current approach is so mercenary and short-sighted. I'm really not impressed!

Last edited:

fiercemao

Match Penalty
Well, Visaslidkid has said that USFSA actually have several people combing the web daily to find copyright violations, including browsing skating forums for links. So maybe now they *will* know about dailymotion. :( I suggest that we not post any more links to GS, but rather post a message to say that we have the video or know where to find it and ask people to PM. That might be the only way to disseminate videos now without destroying them in the process. :no:

Btw, I find it absolutely ridiculous that USFSA is cracking down so hard. Instead of hiring several people to do this daily, they could've used the hundreds of thousands of dollars every year to *promote* figure skating, to allow it to reach a wider audience. Their current approach is so mercenary and short-sighted. I'm really not impressed!

We don't know whether dailymotion will take the order from IN since dailymotion seems to have servers around the world. There's no legal basis for them to take the videos down if some people outside of US posted a GP event on a server outside of US territory. So dailymotion is definitely worth trying. At least it will cause more trouble for IN.

Instead of combing through FS forums, maybe it's better for these people to spend more time solving all sorts of complaints on IN's technical glitches. Or IN may be better served to actually fire these people and save some bucks in times of economic difficulty.

feraina

Record Breaker
We don't know whether dailymotion will take the order from IN since dailymotion seems to have servers around the world. There's no legal basis for them to take the videos down if some people outside of US posted a GP event on a server outside of US territory. So dailymotion is definitely worth trying. At least it will cause more trouble for IN.

Maybe. But there's a country flag indicating where the upload person is from, and both of the dailymotion videos posted have U.S. flags on them. I don't think it would be so difficult for them to enforce it if dailymotion did decide to take down GP videos uploaded by people in the U.S.

Btw, there is a web video of Caroline's National's FS (not mine), PM me if you want to see it.

ChrisH

On the Ice
... Plus, she's developed some feminine curves, just a hint and she doesn't exaggerate it at all, but that growing femininity is starting to shine through ...

CoP demands skaters to fill their skating with complicated transitions and excruciatingly contorted straight-line footwork sequences that are never straight-line anymore. For someone like Caroline, who obviously has the kind of delicate physique that befit subtle artistic expressions better than explosive power, CoP doesn't give her the breathing room to build up speed and skate with fluidity ...
In the exhibition, her physique doesn't look delicate to me. Caroline looks to be developing a good athletic build, with sizeable thighs and gluts and a lean yet muscled upper body. :thumbsup: Yet her jumps are still too small. There were some indications of a speed increase. (The speed of her spiral made it surpass perhaps even Sasha's.) At least the good athletic build means that she might in a few years time develop the power to be truly competitive under CoP, but not sooner.

Kypma

Final Flight
Actually, I think US Figure Skating can somehow get videos off youtube even though the videos are from Eurosport broadcast -- that's what happened to at least one program I was looking up tonight, Patrick Chan's Gala program. Now, the broadcast was definitely Eurosport (as seen on the video still which came up upon searching), the skater is Canadian, and the event was in France. Yet I got a message that "the following video was removed due to a copyright claim by U.s. Figure Skating"...

I wish there was less fuss about copyright this year... I can understand IceNetwork, because they ask their viewers to pay, but what about TV broadcasts??

-Kypma