Footbeds for flat feet | Golden Skate

Footbeds for flat feet

gavia

Spectator
I’m looking for a little help with foot beds / insoles for figure skates for very flat feet. Up to now I’ve been skating in a size 8 boot and have been using Graf Anatomical Footbeds, which are superb, but having just purchased new boots I found out that my original boot was too small and I’m now at an 8.5 (which feels much better!) The footbeds I have been using were already slightly too small for the size 8 boot and I cant seem to find these same ones in the right size. Per usual, I can't seem to be able to find much online that talks about other people's experience and recommendations. Can anyone suggest some innersoles that are made for figure skates and low/flat arches?

2sk8

Rinkside
I’m looking for a little help with foot beds / insoles for figure skates for very flat feet. Up to now I’ve been skating in a size 8 boot and have been using Graf Anatomical Footbeds, which are superb, but having just purchased new boots I found out that my original boot was too small and I’m now at an 8.5 (which feels much better!) The footbeds I have been using were already slightly too small for the size 8 boot and I cant seem to find these same ones in the right size. Per usual, I can't seem to be able to find much online that talks about other people's experience and recommendations. Can anyone suggest some innersoles that are made for figure skates and low/flat arches?
Have you looked for the GRAF anatomical footbeds online? They are available from the US and Europe, & should not be too expensive to ship since they are not large or heavy. If the site doesn't list shipping to your location, I would message and ask. Remember that GRAF is approximate UK sizing so you may need to convert depending upon what boots you are using.

gavia

Spectator
Are your arches inherently low/flat, or did you have normal/high arches that collapsed (i.e., fallen arches)? That makes a big difference in the type of correction.
I believe it’s fallen arches. I have worn custom orthotics to adjust for them for most of my life, and they are really high!

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I believe it’s fallen arches. I have worn custom orthotics to adjust for them for most of my life, and they are really high!
OK. I also have fallen arches. So when shopping for corrective footbeds, make sure they are for fallen arches. Many corrective footbeds listed for flat feet are for inherently low arches: the arch support is substantially lower than what you need.