Favourite jumps of the last season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Favourite jumps of the last season

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Ugh, that's just your projection. How about just judging the movements as they are without these ridiculous interpretations? I've seen a 5yo girl use the blade grabbing exit, it's not some Eteri invention. And it's certainly far more interesting than a LFI choctaw, especially with how deep the landing edge is. I can't help but roll my eyes at the "LFI choctaw" suggestion, in fact. Sheesh. We've seen enough of those for a couple of lifetimes.

Well, that's just your projection too. :) I'm not saying the blade grabbing exit is an Eteri thing; what I was trying to say is, the way Tarakanova executed that it came across as contrived and "trying to get more points". Whereas some transitions/creative exits are more seamless and finessed. As far as depth of the landing edge, come on... anyone can do a jump landing leading into a pivot, you just lean your body, and most skaters could grab their free leg and yank it up for a split second to "get the GOE bullet"... to me, it's prettier to have a prolonged landing edge that shows control and security of the landing and then do an exit transition that emphasizes this control. I get that's what Tarakanova is trying to do, but it just looks so rushed and contrived.

I like the landing of the jump to be the highlight, the "bang!" moment - and I really dislike when a creative exit is "thrown in there" in an obvious attempt to get more points.

p.s. Have we really seen a ton of RBO-LFI choctaw exits? It seems skaters are so preoccupied with doing a "flashy" creative exits (spiral/twizzle/spread eagle/etc.) that subtle ones like a RBO-LFI choctaw are more rare. Could you provide more examples of skaters other than Kim doing this "LFI choctaw", seeing as how there are "enough of those for a couple lifetimes"?

Tutto

Record Breaker
Apart from already mentioned 4lz I loved Kolyada's 4T-3T in SP in Milan - perfection, quoting BESP ''wow, that's as good as it gets for 4T-3T, look at GOEs!''

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Okay so, apart from the "Yuzuru Ballade 3A"...

- Kolyada's 4Lz at CoC
- Gabby's 3T-3T at CoC
- Alina's solo 3F rippon (pretty much all of them tbh)
- Yuzuru's 4T-3T in the OG SP
- Evgenia's 3Lo (pretty much all of them tbh)
- Boyang's 4Lz at 4CC
- Alena Kostornaya's 3F-3T rippon (pretty much all of them tbh)

Tulipstar

Medalist
I wonder why some people like to judge others' choices.....

Yes. I made this positive thread because it's nice to talk about your favourite jumps.
No need to write long comments about why you don't like other people's favourites.
Thanks.

narcissa

Record Breaker
Okay, so I appreciate the intricacies of this jumping pass, but there is something so contrived about the exit of this. It's almost like you can picture Eteri commanding her from the boards to grab her blade for that extra GOE bullet.

I agree, I actually HATE blade grab exits because it totally disturbs the flow. I guess I could change my mind but I haven't seen anyone do it really well. Something like a twizzle exit that actually continues the flow would look way better. Just my opinion, of course.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Shoutout to Loena Hendrickx for her Rippon Lutz with beautiful extension during Euros. I'm not a fan of excessive tanos and rippons but she does a good job of varying her arm positions in the jumps throughout her program and within her combos.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Max's glorious 4T-3T at the start of his FS at 4CC. After the great grief of Nationals he could have been forgiven for staying home and choosing not to come; but he chose otherwise, to rise up and prove that he was more than worthy of a spot on the Olympic team and that he was still a skater not to be underestimated or disregarded.

Additionally, his 3A-2T and 3A at Worlds in the FS. Undertrained, underestimated, underloved, and underappreciated, but those jumps were his rally in the FS, and they started the series of jumps that saw him still score high enough that he finished ahead of one of the Chosen Ones and that he was part of the three spots being kept.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Yuzu‘s 3A!!!
Alina‘s 3Lz-3Lo at the Olympics, gave me chills
Evgenia‘s 3Lo and 3S
Basically every jump Alena Kostornaya does
Trusova‘s 4S

And probably countless others I forgot to mention😂

pohatta

On the Ice
Han Yan's 3A's must get a mention. Especially his SP at Four Continents and Olympics, where I believe he got the same GOE as Yuzuru.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Alina’s 3f+2t+2lo in her FS at pretty much every single competition [emoji7][emoji7] what a combo. The music timing, just everything about it, agh. I don’t think she’s ever fallen or messed up that one. Just beautifulll. Also her 3lz+3lo of course [emoji7]

Also Mikhail Kolyada’s 4lz at Cup of China, omg, the ease and height and flow...it looks like he’s sailing through the air

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Vincent Zhou's 4Z-3T(Rippon) in the USNats short program.

He also did a humdinger at the Olympics.

He's been rightfully called out for some <'s when he gets nervous, but these were pristine and gasp-inducing.