Favourite jumps of the last season | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Favourite jumps of the last season

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Vincent Zhou's 4Z-3T(Rippon) in the USNats short program.

He also did a humdinger at the Olympics.

He's been rightfully called out for some <'s when he gets nervous, but these were pristine and gasp-inducing.

Totally agree. With the Rippon on the 3T, that's arguably the hardest jumping pass ever executed, IMO. (Although if he did his rippon 4Z, https://www.instagram.com/p/BQzCCUUFILI/, that would out do that.)

Also pretty cool that Zhou landed the first ever quad lutz at the Olympics.

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I agree, I actually HATE blade grab exits because it totally disturbs the flow. I guess I could change my mind but I haven't seen anyone do it really well. Something like a twizzle exit that actually continues the flow would look way better. Just my opinion, of course.

Sasha Cohen did a blade grab off of a double axel once. I know it was in her SP sometime in the 2005-2006 season. It wasn't at the Olympics because I remember being disappointed that she didn't do it there. It might have been Nationals when she did it.

ETA: I was on a youtube binge, and remembered to search for this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgnla4h8zFI

blairajo

Spectator
Vincent Zhou's 4Z-3T(Rippon) in the USNats short program.

YES! I was so very lucky to have been sitting near the corner where he performed the jump at Nationals and it was jaw-dropping. He has a slight delay on the Lutz and then the Rippon arms on the 3T were great touch. I'm a long-time lurker to the forum but I had to comment to agree!

quadflutz

Spectator
well, since no one's mentioned it yet...

caro's 3F! whenever she lands it lol. probably best extensions (this is true for all her jumps), best technique, beautiful flow, the softest toe pick.:luv17:

dobrevaria

Rinkside
Hanyu 4T3T (rippon) at the Olympics in the SP
Zagitova 3Lz3Lo
Koylada 4Lz (COC)
Hanyu opening 4S at the Olympics in the FS
Daleman 3T3T
Jin 4Lz when landed

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's not one of the showy ones, and it's in his exhibition rather than competition piece, but I have realised that the number of times I have rewatched Yuzuru's Notte Stellata and rerewatched the delayed single axel... there is just something about it that gets to me. Maybe because it is something seemingly simply and totally, unaffectedly beautiful.