FIFA World Cup 2022 | Golden Skate

FIFA World Cup 2022

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
For the football fans, if there is any here.

I liked the opening ceremony. Very emotional.

The match i liked the most is Argentina VS Saudi Arabia. Because my long time crush Hervé Renard proved again that he's a good coach, but also because the Saudis got an holiday thanks to the victory:laugh:

Very crushed for Senegal because they didn't deserve to lose like that. Hope they will do better against Qatar.

Last edited:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Belgium winning against Canada is what a good goal keeper and lot of luck get you:laugh:

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Belgium winning against Canada is what a good goal keeper and lot of luck get you:laugh:
Only saw the second half of Canada/ Belgium. Proud of Canada for keeping it competitive despite the loss. Hoping this will light a fire under them.

Saw the Spain/Costa Rica match earlier. Spain won with some stylish goals, but boy do I feel bad for Costa Rica. ☹

Didn't see Germany/Japan, but definitely pleasantly surprised by the result. I'd love to learn more about Japanese athletes who aren't world-famous figure skaters, lol.

I'm admittedly a four-year fan these days when it comes to soccer. I'll see how I'll feel about the tournament after a few more matches (especially since the Azzurri still aren't in it this year...*sigh*).

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Portugal VS Ghana was fire in the 2nd half-time.
I love CR7 but that penalty was a gift. I would have been fine with a tie but at least Ghana fought well.

Richarlison's 2nd goal during Brazil VS Serbia was world class.

Last edited:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Asian teams are really upgrading their level. Iran has beaten wales.

michailxia4

Spectator
Portugal VS Ghana was fire in the 2nd half-time.
I love CR7 but that penalty was a gift. I would have been fine with a tie but at least Ghana fought well.

Richarlison's 2nd goal during Brazil VS Serbia was world class.
I am not cr7 fan but I admit that the penalty was reasonable. From the replay you can see, Cristiano touch the ball first. And since his first goal was canceled for that nonsense foul, I think Portugal deserve the win.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I am not cr7 fan but I admit that the penalty was reasonable. From the replay you can see, Cristiano touch the ball first. And since his first goal was canceled for that nonsense foul, I think Portugal deserve the win.
Still think a tie would have been more fair since the cancelled goal was justified and the penalty wasn't. But i understand your point of view.

michailxia4

Spectator
Asian teams are really upgrading their level. Iran has beaten wales.
Yeah, for the 1st round, "Asian teams are upgrading".😉 For the 2nd round, "African teams are brilliant".(y) And maybe for the 3rd round, "Still the Europeans".:sneaky: Anyway, it's good to see such an exciting World Cup.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Yeah, for the 1st round, "Asian teams are upgrading".😉 For the 2nd round, "African teams are brilliant".(y) And maybe for the 3rd round, "Still the Europeans".:sneaky: Anyway, it's good to see such an exciting World Cup.
Honey, just support european teams. There is no need for snark.

michailxia4

Spectator
Honey, just support european teams. There is no need for snark.
Nah, since my own country does not and probably will never be in the world cup, I decide to support Brazil. I say these words to show that teams from different continents are all performing well in the game. They all bring us a lot of surprises. I am actually happy to see that football does not only belong to Europeans, and this makes it an exciting and interesting World Cup.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
We are heading to a very decisive 3rd round. There are only two qualified countries for now, maybe a 3rd in two hours. I don't know if it already happened.
I guess there never have been so many suprise victories. Morocco beating Belgium 2-0 yesterday was an huge one.
Very spectacular games today. The tie between Serbia and Cameroon and the win of Ghana against South Korea.

michailxia4

Spectator
Argentina Iran and Morocco not so safe, Germany and Belgium very dangerous. All the suspense are left till the last round, the very exciting round

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
And a 3rd qualified country. Congrats to Portugal.

Now i'm waiting for Ghana VS Urugay. I didn't forget 2010......

LadyB

Record Breaker
Although I wish all the big federations had boycotted the WC, it was never in doubt that I would watch almost every game. I just wish it was summer - the real atmo doesn't come up. Maybe tonight in the pub, where I can't wait for Wales v England. This is better be good, C'mon, Lions!!! 🦁🦁🦁:cheer2:
Only wish I had more luck in the office prediction game....

LadyB

Record Breaker
I am actually happy to see that football does not only belong to Europeans,
It never did - as Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay have proven over the years. And the Africa Cup of Nations is a wonderful thing to watch. Players from all over the world defining the European leagues and make them fantastic. :clap:

Magill

Record Breaker
Huge, huge congratulations to Japan on their wins against Germany and Spain and winning the group! That was impressive.
PS I wonder if Japanese skaters have watched and rooted for their compatriots, hmmm...

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Huge, huge congratulations to Japan on their wins against Germany and Spain and winning the group! That was impressive.
PS I wonder if Japanese skaters have watched and rooted for their compatriots, hmmm...

Here's your answer! 😁 Video from Demi-san, Shoma's physical therapist. Nothing like seeing Koshiro Shimada getting excited...and Shoma Uno being Shoma, lol. 😆

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I would have never bet on Morocco and Japan winning their groups.
I thought "poor Japaneses" when i saw that they were in the same group than Germany and Spain. But they won against them:laugh:
Impressive.

And at a moment of time, both Germany and Spain where virtually knocked out, and Costa Rica/Japan were qualified. Crazy.

I'm a little gutted for Germany because they are eliminated in groups for the 2nd time in a row while they didn't play that bad.

Last edited: