Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes. And Alessandrini is an Italian citizen, Bramante is American, Lauriault Canadian.So the French dance junior developmental efforts could be going better...Did Didier purge all the dance coaches or something?

Hagenauer is in Montreal, Bourzat is in Novi. Didn't Arribert Narce refocus more on Theatre on Ice or something like that? What a debacle.

Mattieu

Medalist
Yes. And Alessandrini is an Italian citizen, Bramante is American, Lauriault Canadian.So the French dance junior developmental efforts could be going better...Did Didier purge all the dance coaches or something?

Hagenauer is in Montreal, Bourzat is in Novi. Didn't Arribert Narce refocus more on Theatre on Ice or something like that? What a debacle.

No, all the good coaches have just fled France to get as far away from Didi as possible.
The results of Didi's crazy ideas, especially his wars against Annecy and Lyon, are showing through.
Many French judges have resigned, some pushed by Didi, others just in despair.
It's Didi's way or no way.
He has killed French skating. Great credentials for ISU president, NOT!!

When Lorenza started skating for France she was all smiles. Yesterday it was tragic to see those smiles have been transformed into a pained expression as the full reality of what skating for France means, dawns on her. She should have been sent to Worlds and Euros as the No. 2 French couple, but instead Didi prefers to leave 2 spots empty. It is scandalous. The guy should've been banned for life after SLC. It is like putting a convicted bank robber in charge of a bank. :eek::giveup::palmf:

Last edited:

Giselle

Medalist

The problem is that since 2006 all of the most promising Junior French Ice Dancers (but Papadakis/Cizeron) split/retired for some reason.
Here is a quick look at the French Junior National winners in Ice Dance since 2006 :

2006 Élodie Brouiller / Benoît Richaud - lot of promise but split before going senior... He found another partner then retired, she didn't and retired.
2007 Zoé Blanc / Pierre-Loup Bouquet - went senior and retired. Lacked SS to be serious contenders at the world level IMO.
2008 Maureen Ibanez / Neil Brown - Showed a lot of potential, I don't think I'm still over this split :cry: . He wanted to stay junior, she aged out so they split. He found other partners but IMO he never had as much chemistry with them as he had with Maureen. He competed for Czech Republic as well. She didn't find anyone else so retired.
2009 Charlène Guignard / Guillaume Paulmier - He retired and she teamed up with Marco Fabbri and is skating for Italy. Good for her, not so much for French ID.
2010 Gabriella Papadakis / Guillaume Cizeron
2011 Gabriella Papadakis / Guillaume Cizeron
2012 Estelle Elizabeth / Romain Legac - Showed a lot of potential together but they split. He is skating with Marie-Jade Lauriault, she found a hungarian (?) partner and is waiting to be realeased to skate for hungary.
2013 Gabriella Papadakis / Guillaume Cizeron
2014 Estelle Elizabeth / Romain Le Gac - see above
2015 Angélique Abachkina / Louis Thauron - She is russian

Special mention for Zahorski/Miart who never won but were super talented and he apparently just didn't show up at practice one day without telling her he had retired. I'm so happy to see her skating again, she deserves a good partner.

I just just prefer not to get too attached for our Junior teams now they break my heart everytime they split after a successful season...Kudos for Gabriella/Guillaume for staying together!

oat

On the Ice
Ah, our friend Dédé (in french) Didi in english ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC5gRr4eeo4

Zazoui turn off the music and says I must tell you something : Didi doesn't want I come with you in European Championships (Budapest) you can hear the woodkid music.
You can see the joy from P/C who came in Lyon for Zazoui.

Gaby say we already have worse news than this one and Guillaume says it’s just impossible to go without a coach. He think that Dédé want attach Muriel and CSG Lyon but it’s "we" who skate.

Journalist : Federation had unsubscribed P/C from Lyon against their will because Federation want they go to Paris but P/C don’t want to go there. Zazoui says that she’s a liberal professional (not like Romain who is paid by ministry) so she never won something from French Federation but she focus on Federation pay the foreign coach when French skater practice outside. For Federation, the foreign coach are cheaper for the best results (in comparison to Zazoui).

In 6 years, 3 couples go outside like Olivier who say that in this time they were highly encouraged to get away by not gratifying the work done in Lyon. But they succeed to win Championship when they came back in Lyon so it’s a proof that there were no reason to leave.

At the end, the journalist said that Muriel decided to go with PC, she paid with her money the travel.

So, we can understand now why P/C and other skaters and coach want go far away from Dédé.

Ps : sorry for my english

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Thanks.
Jeez! The VOID after Papadakis/Cizeron! It's not surprising Lauriault/Le Gac are pushed so hard, they just don't have anyone else to push. Literally :dbana: Three Worlds spots my *** :laugh:

Should I send you the medical bill because I choked on my tea I was laughing so hard after reading that last sentence.

True. Sad. But so very true.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
No, all the good coaches have just fled France to get as far away from Didi as possible.
The results of Didi's crazy ideas, especially his wars against Annecy and Lyon, are showing through.
Many French judges have resigned, some pushed by Didi, others just in despair.
It's Didi's way or no way.
He has killed French skating. Great credentials for ISU president, NOT!!

When Lorenza started skating for France she was all smiles. Yesterday it was tragic to see those smiles have been transformed into a pained expression as the full reality of what skating for France means, dawns on her. She should have been sent to Worlds and Euros as the No. 2 French couple, but instead Didi prefers to leave 2 spots empty. It is scandalous. The guy should've been banned for life after SLC. It is like putting a convicted bank robber in charge of a bank. :eek::giveup::palmf:

Thank you for bringing us up to date (you too Giselle) on the current sad state of French ice dancing. And I love French skaters--they just are so out of the box they might as well be out of the entire building! And that's a good thing.

Too bad y'all can't send Dodo, I mean Didi, out of the country. I suggest Antarctica. An ice floe near Antarctica would be even better. :)

Pika

Final Flight
Thank you for bringing us up to date (you too Giselle) on the current sad state of French ice dancing. And I love French skaters--they just are so out of the box they might as well be out of the entire building! And that's a good thing.

Too bad y'all can't send Dodo, I mean Didi, out of the country. I suggest Antarctica. An ice floe near Antarctica would be even better. :)

I would be afraid of him torturing penguins.
Mars would be a good deal.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
The problem is that since 2006 all of the most promising Junior French Ice Dancers (but Papadakis/Cizeron) split/retired for some reason.
Here is a quick look at the French Junior National winners in Ice Dance since 2006 :

2006 Élodie Brouiller / Benoît Richaud - lot of promise but split before going senior... He found another partner then retired, she didn't and retired.
2007 Zoé Blanc / Pierre-Loup Bouquet - went senior and retired. Lacked SS to be serious contenders at the world level IMO.
2008 Maureen Ibanez / Neil Brown - Showed a lot of potential, I don't think I'm still over this split :cry: . He wanted to stay junior, she aged out so they split. He found other partners but IMO he never had as much chemistry with them as he had with Maureen. He competed for Czech Republic as well. She didn't find anyone else so retired.
2009 Charlène Guignard / Guillaume Paulmier - He retired and she teamed up with Marco Fabbri and is skating for Italy. Good for her, not so much for French ID.
2010 Gabriella Papadakis / Guillaume Cizeron
2011 Gabriella Papadakis / Guillaume Cizeron
2012 Estelle Elizabeth / Romain Legac - Showed a lot of potential together but they split. He is skating with Marie-Jade Lauriault, she found a hungarian (?) partner and is waiting to be realeased to skate for hungary.
2013 Gabriella Papadakis / Guillaume Cizeron
2014 Estelle Elizabeth / Romain Le Gac - see above
2015 Angélique Abachkina / Louis Thauron - She is russian

Special mention for Zahorski/Miart who never won but were super talented and he apparently just didn't show up at practice one day without telling her he had retired. I'm so happy to see her skating again, she deserves a good partner.

I just just prefer not to get too attached for our Junior teams now they break my heart everytime they split after a successful season...Kudos for Gabriella/Guillaume for staying together!

Please, tell me, will Abachkina/Thauron do Seniors next season too? I see much more potential in them than in Lauriault/Le Gac, long term potential, I mean. She's special (and extremely pretty), IMO. Besides, they're training with Shpilband. I'm sure he'll do a decent team out of them.

Should I send you the medical bill because I choked on my tea I was laughing so hard after reading that last sentence.

True. Sad. But so very true.

The situation is funny, that's what. Canadians don't have succesfull juniors team too. I don't know what are they all thinking about. They should pray for Bent, she's their only hope :(

P.S. And please, no bills :noshake:

Last edited:

Pika

Final Flight
Please, tell me, will Abachkina/Thauron do Seniors next season too? I see much more potential in them than in Lauriault/Le Gac, long term potential, I mean. She's special (and extremely pretty), IMO. Besides, they're training with Shpilband. I'm sure he'll do a decent team out of them.

Thauron will be 21 on August, 5th. I don't know the rules exactly, so if anyone can tell..

AliAle

On the Ice
The FD is soooo soft and flowy, my God, they could skate to anything and I still would be glued to the screen. Loved the spin/lift(?) at the beginning and the straight line lift.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
They're so magical on ice :love:. Wished the camera wouldn't cut off that part where they leaned back slightly with the legs in front of them. Hopefully, the high score would continue on Euro and Worlds as well.

Pika

Final Flight
Thanks Mattieu. They need one year in junior to continue polishing their skating. But indeed she's a star. They can do great things.

Stop hijacking the thread,

Gabriella & Guillaume FD
!!

Protocol

Anyone has a clue on why the twizzles only got level 2 ? I had a doubt on the building of the sequence but yesterday they got level 4. Anyway they will surely fix it before EC.

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Thanks Mattieu. They need one year in junior to continue polishing their skating. But indeed she's a star. They can do great things.

Gabriella & Guillaume FD
!!

Protocol

Anyone has a clue on why the twizzles only got level 2 ? I had a doubt on the building of the sequence but yesterday they got level 4. Anyway they will surely fix it before EC.

He didn't hold his blade for four full rotations during second set (visible). And it looks like she executed 3-turn in first set (her third rotation). I don't see anything else what's wrong :slink:

Edit: the dance itself is very simple and stylish, but they need to skate in hold more.

Last edited:

Pika

Final Flight
He didn't hold his blade for four full rotations during second set (visible). And it looks like she executed 3-turn in first set (her third rotation). I don't see anything else what's wrong :slink:

Edit: the dance itself is very simple and stylish, but they need to skate in hold more.

Oh I didn't notice thank you

tinlizzie

Final Flight
i don't know anything about the technicalities of ice dance but the program brought me to tears in a good way. So beautiful and emotional. And I love the costumes:love:

AliAle

On the Ice

Gabriella & Guillaume FD
!!

Protocol

Not sure, probably something to do with the entry edges, from a #of rotations and rotation direction, they were L4. Even with that though, they should've gotten at least a L3.
Later edit: Or not :laugh:

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Well, I cried. They just do something to me whenever they skate. I am always moved.

On a more shallow note, the costumes are beautiful. Well done, Guillaume!

Snow63

Record Breaker
Well, I cried. They just do something to me whenever they skate. I am always moved.

On a more shallow note, the costumes are beautiful. Well done, Guillaume!

Yes! It was my first thought! Very interesting choice. The colours :luv17: