Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 346 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

Skatesocs

Final Flight
I'm curious, is it supposed to be a Tango? I thought "they will dance their last Tango" wasn't supposed to be taken literally. Someone on the programs thread brought it up, but I thought it was just supposed to be a lyrical (and passionate!) FD.

peepsquick

Final Flight
I'm curious, is it supposed to be a Tango? I thought "they will dance their last Tango" wasn't supposed to be taken literally. Someone on the programs thread brought it up, but I thought it was just supposed to be a lyrical (and passionate!) FD.
I'm also rooting for this interpretation ... I'm not ready to see them retire! :(

brigit66

On the Ice
First. I don't want them to retire.
Second. The only piece of tango Fd I saw from last season was from Cizeron's IG(is there any other?) He uploaded it in June, as far as remember. And it was remarkable. Twizzle section. That was ice dancing in pure form.. The used every note of the music. I loved the first moment when the music starts and Guillaume does that arm movement, his sideslip going into twizzles is fantastic(and they sort of keep it , looking at their yesterdays video, it is similar, not so deep but I wonder if it will be so perfectly matched to the music like it was). Transistions between twizzles - and an exit, - beautifully fit to tango.Now both different And I'm sad that it is gone. Because Elegie is more lyrical. Hardly I could call it a tango, actually. I know it will be amazing, but cizeron is realy good at executing those quick , sharp moves with his legs,arms, head or whole body. Despite his/their image of being only lyrical lol.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Une très belle vidéo vient d'être mise sur YouTube ! Très belle prestation pour un début de compétition

I understand that translation programs are probably at work here, but just as a help, the English version:

A very beautiful video has just been posted on YouTube. Very beautiful performance for the first competition.

Welcome to Goldenskate, post long and post often.

Bienvenue à Goldenskate!

icybear

Medalist
Music choice is not exciting nor does it enhance their program. But I do love the choreography esp the twizzles.

Roast Toast

Medalist
Music choice is not exciting nor does it enhance their program. But I do love the choreography esp the twizzles.
I thought the same last Olys with Ed Sheeran even if I ended up liking the program. I think they are told to go for mass appeal.

The skating quality speaks for itself though, the pattern is basically ready to go already and it's October. So much for them "deteriorating" during their break :rolleye:

Skatesocs

Final Flight
The skating quality is amazing... don't think I particularly enjoyed the program, but then I don't think hip hop on ice is a particularly appealing idea, that can ever be well executed (ETA: although waacking is under the broader street dance umbrella). The waacking was nice, but it's telling how they do most of it at a standstill (appreciate just how difficult those arm movements must be on the twizzles, though).

Also, can't tell if he's wearing make up, but I do hope he at least considers going full face beat :laugh:

Last edited:

icybear

Medalist
Funny how the RD is similar to their biggest rival Sinitsina/Katsalapov new RD. In P/C the woman starts by kneeling and then ends by standing. In S/K the woman starts by standing and then ends by kneeling. And they both have similar structure in elements and choreography moments and they are both using pop songs. I think this will emphasis the superior intricacy P/C have esp when they have to skate back to back to each other

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm not totally sold on the blues part yet (there's nothing wrong with it, just doesn't wow me at this point), but the waacking parts are awesome. Really cool. Overall it's a really strong program for them I think. Excited to see the FD.