Game of Podiums | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Game of Podiums

zounger

Medalist
Ok let's support the small houses and O4G:

Ravi Walia's House:

Emblem: Griffin. Symbolizing strength, speed and vigilant guard ( of Canadian ladies figure skating). Griffins are associated with gold.
Quote: Since people complain about number of his students. Borrowing from king Leonidas "...even this number is enough".

LadyB

Record Breaker
House Tutberidze and House Orser for me! :luv17:

Tutberidze still rules junior girls. Orser sends young warrior Stephen into the rink to breath some life into the boys' competition. Mixed bag, as Sambo boys are not all from House T.

Battle of the Giants at Ladies with former heiress Zhenya batting for the other team.
If Yuzu really continues, he has House Rafa to deal with, while Erokhov and Jun are in for a season of good one-to-one comparison.

In comes Rafa, always the one or the other assassin in tow. Oh well, bring it on!!! I think I've never looked forward to juniors as much as next season. :popcorn:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
House Holbová. :cool:

A guy can dream...

CaroLiza_fan

Ziotic

Medalist
If you add Montreal dance, they’ll win the most medals I just don’t think the Eteri juniors have as many competition opportunities.

icetug

Medalist
Simple idea for House of Tutberidze
Emblem: two crowns (gold and silver) and multiple little stars on a burgundy ("sanguine" in heraldry) field. Lion and fox as supporters (according to "You must be the lion and the fox [to rule]" by Machiavelli). Slogan (let's go with latin): "Pulcherrimae et ingeniosissimae" ("The most beautiful and the most talented").

moriel

Record Breaker
Hmm some thoughts on house Tutberidze and house Buyanova.
I agree that they should be renamed, because both are from Moscow.

Imho, there is actually nothing wrong with using "from Moscow" for both.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: add montreal, its a pretty big house.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Oh man. You’re completely missing the point of this. At the moment, Ravi’s only student is Kaetlyn. Here I’m only mentioning coaches with a good number of active skaters in their “house” to see which coach can win the most medals counting all of their skaters’ wins and podiums next season. Not everything is about/against Kaetlyn! You don’t see Shoma or Wakaba fans complaining

No complaints here only my suggestion. Lets chill ...perhaps a visit north of the wall may be warranted... ;)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
House of Orser! And I'm here for Eteri's juniors, especially Alena.

I know it was an easy to make typing error, but you've just started me trying to imagine what it would be like if Leonova went back to Juniors.

Hey, it's not like she hasn't done it before. In 2009, she entered Junior Worlds having done the rest of that season in Seniors... and she won the Gold Medal!

Although, she wasn't 27 then... :p

CaroLiza_fan

snwnprv

On the Ice
Country
Russia
I know it was an easy to make typing error, but you've just started me trying to imagine what it would be like if Leonova went back to Juniors.
It wasn't a typing error. All these "Alena", "Aliona" and "Alyona" are the same name in Russian ("Алёна"). Kostornaia and Leonova have the same name :)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It wasn't a typing error. All these "Alena", "Aliona" and "Alyona" are the same name in Russian ("Алёна"). Kostornaia and Leonova have the same name :)

I know. But I thought IceBallerina were talking about Zagitova. I didn't realise Kostornaia was with Eteri as well (I admit, I didn't read through the lists of skaters in the OP. I just read the House titles :eek:: )

My mistake.

CaroLiza_fan

WhiteProphet

On the Ice
Simple idea for House of Tutberidze
Emblem: two crowns (gold and silver) and multiple little stars on a burgundy ("sanguine" in heraldry) field. Lion and fox as supporters (according to "You must be the lion and the fox [to rule]" by Machiavelli). Slogan (let's go with latin): "Pulcherissimae et ingeniosissimae" ("The most beautiful and the most talented").

When the adjective ends in -er, the superlative is formed with -rimus -rima -rimum, so I think it's "pulcherrimae".
House Champéry should have a rose as emblem, and "L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" as motto...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
House Artyunyan of Lakewood:
- Nathan Chen
- Mariah Bell
- Marin Honda
- Eun-Soo Lim
- Michal Brezina
- Taichi Honda
- Amy Lin

I predict the season of Mariah Bell 🛎

Lay slay to all dragons 🐉
Befriend all rabbits 🐰
Cut frozen ponds in glorious figures with boots made of knives ⛸

Glory be to the House of Artyunyn

:devil: I know nothing of GoT :devil:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Can we include teams that were once dominant but are now waning?

Hey, in my first post in this thread, I included a team that has not even competed at an ISU competition yet!

So, I think you're alright! :agree: :biggrin:

:devil: I know nothing of GoT :devil:

Neither do I, Sam. Never watched it.

I just came in here to see what the thread was about, and it seemed to be a fun thread. So I joined in. :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

icetug

Medalist
When the adjective ends in -er, the superlative is formed with -rimus -rima -rimum, so I think it's "pulcherrimae".
House Champéry should have a rose as emblem, and "L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" as motto...

Thank you for the correction! "Pulcherissima" is not a superlative, you are right. But the only I remember from my latin classes is "Magistra nostra pulchra est" written on a desk :laugh:

I like your idea for the House Champery emblem. I would add a zebra and a lion as supporters ;)