GP 2018 Helsinki Ex Gala | Page 8 | Golden Skate

GP 2018 Helsinki Ex Gala

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I have to say Yuzuru's costume is a dream of every aspiring ballerina, the pink, the frill, the spark!

Very enjoyable gala, lots of fun:)

Seruleane

Final Flight
Loved the gala! Hoping to see some pics of Yuzuru and Alina together, maybe at the banquet. I think all the Russian ladies admire Yuzuru so much, they always like to get pics with him :biggrin:. Lucky them...

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Popova/Mozgov are doing Power Rangers, OMG :rofl:

Now I have seen everything!

And I didn't like it. It was so cringeworthy! :drama:

Says the guy who posted this in the "if you're a figure skater, what would you be?" thread a few years ago:

LOVE THIS THREAD!!!

(And that's including the digression about translating! ;) )

But, back to the topic. Here are my thoughts.

Music

Also, ever since Sota Yamamoto dressed up as a member of International Rescue and skated to the “Thunderbirds” theme at last year’s WTT Gala, I have a bit of a fantasy of skating to Ron Wasserman’s masterpiece, “Go Go Power Rangers”, dressed as my favourite Power Ranger, Tommy the Green Ranger…

Costume

Definitely not anything over the top! (A Power Rangers costume isn’t over the top…)

And this in the "Cool TV theme songs that would be cool for skating programs" thread a year later:

Anyway, onto my choices.

I have long complained about there not being enough rock music in figure skating. And, during the WTT gala, I noticed somebody else commenting the same. So, for those of us that appreciate a bit of rock, how about these?

Ron Wasserman – “Go Go Power Rangers
Muff Murfin – “Gladiators” Theme Tune

OK, so I have suggested those 2 tunes before in another thread! But, there are new members posting in this thread!

Let me think of some more, and I'll get back to you

CaroLiza_fan

Anyway, back to Bettina and Sergey's routine. Here are the things I have complaints about.

Red and Yellow?! It should have been Green and Pink!!! ;) :biggrin:

Plus, the costumes themselves looked awful. :eek: If they were not going to wear replica costumes with proper helmets, then they should have at least had Bettina wearing this:

http://halloweenboom.com/b/power-rangers-yellow-ranger-skater-dress/

Or, if going with my preferences, the pink version. :agree:

Also, the music used in the routine was awful! Should have used the Ron Wasserman song I linked to in my previous posts on the subject. Or, if not that, then this cover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imjM7MuBrMs

Although what I saw made me cringe, it was still a fun theme for a routine. So, if they made at least some of the changes suggested and did a lot of polishing, it could become an epic routine.

Credit to them for attempting it.

CaroLiza_fan