GP Predictions Rd 5: Rostelecom Cup | Page 10 | Golden Skate

GP Predictions Rd 5: Rostelecom Cup

Weathergal

Medalist
Thanks WeakAnkles! Nice to hear some good news about the silver in ice dance because I didn't do well with most of my other predictions, especially the men's! :drama:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
OMG FIRST MEDAL this season!!!!!!

<who cares it's silver>

and my favourite segemnt of competition - what a great feeling :party2:

congratulations for all who medaled :points:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Thanks weakankles! Yay, gold at ice dance! Can we forget about other disciplines and call it a day?

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to all the medalists in dance. Should've picked W/P to win, oh well.

I think this was the worst one yet for me - I've gone way downhill since SC. I wonder if anyone picked Ross Miner to win bronze here?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just finished watching the Ladies FS.

In the Ladies, I was so tempted to give the home fans what they wanted and have Russians locking out all of the Top 4 positions. Yes, it would be a dream for Polina to be the best overseas representative in her mother’s homeland. But, I have to be realistic. Rika is in the form of her life. And, at the end of the day, I do think she is a better skater than Polina. Not only that, but I think she is capable of challenging for the win.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY, OH WHY, DID I NOT GIVE IN TO TEMPTATION????!!!! I WOULD HAVE CLEANED UP!!! :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Well, actually, I wouldn't have. If I had gone with what I was tempted to, I would have been closer to the overall results, but it would still not be the correct order. I still have had Elena as the third of the skaters representing Russia, rather than the first. So, it would have been:

What I Was Tempted To Predict
Actual Result
What I Did Predict
Evgenia MEDVEDEVA, RUS
Elena RADIONOVA, RUS
Evgenia MEDVEDEVA, RUS
Adelina SOTNIKOVA, RUS
Evgenia MEDVEDEVA, RUS
Rika HONGO, JPN
Elena RADIONOVA, RUS
Adelina SOTNIKOVA, RUS
Adelina SOTNIKOVA, RUS
Polina EDMUNDS, USA
Polina EDMUNDS, USA
Elena RADIONOVA, RUS
Rika HONGO, JPN
Rika HONGO, JPN
Polina EDMUNDS, USA
Yuka NAGAI, JPN
Alaine CHARTRAND, CAN
Yuka NAGAI, JPN
Roberta RODEGHIERO, ITA
Roberta RODEGHIERO, ITA
Roberta RODEGHIERO, ITA
Alaine CHARTRAND, CAN
Yuka NAGAI, JPN
Alaine CHARTRAND, CAN

Nevertheless, I am still kicking myself.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
Just finished watching the Ladies FS.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY, OH WHY, DID I NOT GIVE IN TO TEMPTATION????!!!! I WOULD HAVE CLEANED UP!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

CaroLiza_fan

:console: This one was brutal! I am afraid to check my standing! The pressure of being on top got to me :dbana:

U think it will deter me? I am already putting NHK together!

desertskates

Medalist
Woot, a silver in dance! I'm pretty pleased with that. I think for NHK, I'm just going to tack the names of the men on a dartboard and list them in the order that I hit them. I'd probably have better luck that way for the guys :palmf:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Playing this game is a lot like taking a test at school: don't over think and go with your first answer. Had I followed that advice I would have had my highest scoring event to date instead of my lowest!! I am going to bask in my dance silver medal as it is probably the only time this year I will medal!!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
my first gold :)
I'm going to be gone tomorrow, so I got all ambitious and, well, THE DANCE RESULTS ARE POSTED.

Yes, I'm back scoring because Snow has been off eating pizza and enjoying the skating LIVE. Be sure to read his reports in the appropriate thread. Am I jealous? I could be all big and (lie) and say, why no, I'm not jealous at all. But you know, even I can't swallow that! Hmpf. And green is so not my color...OF COURSE I'M JEALOUS. But I'm glad Snow is having a fun time.

So without further ado...

GOLD (65 Points): 4everchan, actualrealliveanna, alebi, ashleywagner, CanadianSkaterGuy, Daniel1998, daphenaxa, Debrah, EKM, GF2445, Han Domi, hydroblader, invisiblespiral, jChamp, Jombi, koatcue, LA143, Layback11, Lydia 1703, magalli, matmuh, MAXSwagg, MIM, NC89, paulusfr, Pippuriphvi, PorcoPlane, Puchi, rosacotton, [email protected], SashaJuiaSpins, skateusa, Sugarpova, theskatingbutterfly, voolfee

SILVER (55 Points): aero, AlexD, andromache, angy555. baymax24, berry8, Breynows, cer, Crossover, DannyCurry, daylightescapades, desertskates, dia, eta, fairly4, Flatt Fan, HR4, Ice Diva, icekiwi, IlVoloFan, juliavl, kaarle, karne, katmari, Kuan, ladykk, Li'Kitsu, lighthouse, lightsout, LisaM, malif, marin, Marius, Mhskate, mirai4life, mis751, MrsP, nipman, NoNameFace, NYscorp6, Osmond4gold, Pere, Plonnu, Poice, pooh91, Princessroja, ptskate, Sabinfire, Savoya74, semosk8fan, sequinsgalore, silverfoxes, slider11, snowflake, SomethingWitty, surimi, Tallorder, TheGrandSophy, TMC, tulosai, urara, Weathergal, xibsuarz, YesWay, and apparently A Partridge In A Pear Tree as well. If I missed your name, my apologies!

BRONZE (50 Points): Cornell08, Pamigena, ShiroKJ, StitchMonkey, SunnyStars

Please be aware that next week's awards will be Silk, Cotton, Polyester, as there apparently is now a world wide shortage of precious metals (hmmm, I wonder why!).

And this event's special award for Good Citizenship goes to...Florencito, who posted late, and as a gesture of no doubt good sportsmanship, did not include any dance predictions at all since the event was already underway. Please run immediately for ISU President. :)

Yes, there are a few of you whose scores aren't currently on the spread sheet. I have already notified the ever efficient Grand Scoring Poobah Mrs P, and I'm sure we'll take care of that little issue right away. Thanks for your patience!

Thank you all for participating and a big congrats to this events Premier Prognosticators!

:hap57:
:hap93:
:handw: (this is me after doing all the scoring by hand!)

ETA: Mrs P has already added everyone to the score sheet. Hey, you don't get to be Grand Scoring Poobah unless you ARE that good. Just sayin'...

sunnyouyang

Rinkside
I think my dance score and SashaJuliaSpins's score may be switched on the score summary page of the spreadsheet.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think my dance score and SashaJuliaSpins's score may be switched on the score summary page of the spreadsheet.

Oh I see. I will double check on this!

ETA: It should be fixed now. :)

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The Grand Scoring Poobah is actually quite egalitarian...hence, I am scoring pairs this week! It keeps me humble and reminds me of the hard work it takes to score, even if you have a fancy spreadsheet thingy (thanks samkrut).

So here's the pairs medals (EDITED 11/22/15)
GOLD: text_skate,Pippuripihvi, KIG, IIVoloFan, 65 points!
SILVER: Sugarpova, voolfee, Norwayskater, shyne, 60 points!
BRONZE: nipman, tulosai, YesWay, Poice, katmari , LA143, Marius, sabinfire, lighthouse, jChamp,Show63, FSGMT, and The Finn55 points!

Overall pairs standings
1.) sabinfire, 230
2.) text_skate, tastetherainbow,Lydia1703 and Eloise, 225
6.) Wilhelmina, sunnystars, FSGMT, apgold, 220
10.) Xorasy, voolfee, silverfoxes, sequinsgalore, Pippuripihvi, MIM, elhenry, 215
17.) YesWay, tulosai, sunnyouyang, Snow63, samm22, Pere, nipman, MAXSwagg, matmuh, LA143, KIG, invisiblespiral, HanDomi, daylightescapades, Daniel1998, berry8, 210

Congrats all!!

Last edited:

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
So here's the pairs medals
GOLD: Pippuripihvi, Norwayskater and shyne, 65 points!
SILVER: Poice, text_skate, LA143, lighthouse, Snow63, sabinfire, KIG and IIVoloFan, 60 points

I think there is a small mistake :scratch2:: I've counted 65 points in my pairs predictions - or I'm missing sth. It's my best in CoR (I don't wanna see my men's :hpull:)