GP Predictions Rd 5: Rostelecom Cup | Page 11 | Golden Skate

GP Predictions Rd 5: Rostelecom Cup

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Men's scorer here.

I just want to inform you that the scores are probably going up later this week, as I've been bogged down with youth orchestra stuff. Sorry.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Me getting a silver in dance. :dance:

Good to be wrong on my prediction since both W/P and C/L performed well.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Like the technical panel in the Men's Free Skate, I have made a calculation error. Boo to the Grand Scoring Poohbah. Turns out in my spreadsheet, I had switched cells for Marchei/Hortaek and Zabijako/Enbert.

Lesson learned: Never try to do complicated excel calculation at midnight. :palmf:

It's not a dramatic difference to the scores...but will make difference for some.

So congrats to the Ross Miners of the prediction game who got on the podium and/or a better medal :hap93: and sorry to the Adam Rippons who got off the podium. :(

The results post above will be edited accordingly.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I bombed in Ice Dance. Why I changed my predictions???? Why??? I had top 4 correct, and then I saw who's in technical panel.... Okay, that was stupid from me. :angry2:

Anyway, thanks to all the scorers and our amazing Mrs.P for scoring for us. :clap::agree:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Men's scorer here.

I just want to inform you that the scores are probably going up later this week, as I've been bogged down with youth orchestra stuff. Sorry.

No reason to apologize :) and good luck/fun with your youth orchestra stuff!

And definitely no boo to the amazing scoring Poohbah (does that have anything to do with Winnie the Pooh?), I was beginning to think you were infallible and that's kinda scary, so it's good to know you're human ;) Although of course this is coming from one of the non-Rippons... but from someone with a 10 mile security distance to the podium :biggrin:

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
The Grand Scoring Poobah is actually quite egalitarian...hence, I am scoring pairs this week! It keeps me humble and reminds me of the hard work it takes to score, even if you have a fancy spreadsheet thingy (thanks samkrut).

So here's the pairs medals (EDITED 11/22/15)
GOLD: text_skate,Pippuripihvi, KIG, IIVoloFan, 65 points!
SILVER: Sugarpova, voolfee, Norwayskater, shyne, 60 points!
BRONZE: nipman, tulosai, YesWay, Poice, katmari , LA143, Marius, sabinfire, lighthouse, jChamp,Show63, FSGMT, and The Finn55 points!

Will add overall pairs standings when they are posted to the spreadsheet

Congrats all!!
Wowww I won the gold medal :)

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
... So congrats to the Ross Miners of the prediction game who got on the podium and/or a better medal ...

Woo Hoo! I get to have a Ross Miner moment and now have a bronze medal to go with my silver from ice dance! :hap93:

Thanks Mrs. P! :thank:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Overall pairs standings
1.) sabinfire, 230
2.) text_skate, tastetherainbow,Lydia1703 and Eloise, 225
6.) Wilhelmina, sunnystars, FSGMT, apgold, 220
10.) Xorasy, voolfee, silverfoxes, sequinsgalore, Pippuripihvi, MIM, elhenry, 215
17.) YesWay, tulosai, sunnyouyang, Snow63, samm22, Pere, nipman, MAXSwagg, matmuh, LA143, KIG, invisiblespiral, HanDomi, daylightescapades, Daniel1998, berry8, 210

I am GoldenSkate's definitive expert on Pairs! :laugh2:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow, I got a silver in the dance? Ha! I totally glanced at the dance results and went "Oh, I bombed I guess"! :laugh:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Remember what I said about Dance the last time I scored it: thank you, Ice Dancing, you're not boring at all but you are so wonderfully predictable!

Just sayin'...

:)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Time for Men’s results!!

GOLD : the one and only rosacotton with 50 points;

SILVER : matmuh , [email protected] , Pippuripihvi , StitchMonkey , mirai4life , Kittosuni , cathlen , KIG , cer , cornell08 , Mrs. P and Juliavl with 45 points;

BRONZE : MAXSwagg , Eloise , Crossover , pooh91 , TMC , LisaM , FlattFan , Wilhelmina and paulusfr with 40 points;

Congratulations to all!!! :yahoo::clap::hap85::points::cheer:

i will add results to the scoresheet tomorrow, if you have any objection regarding your score feel free to ask

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! How the heck did I get a silver medal? I'll take it though. :yahoo:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Can't believe that 45 points gives me silver :hap93: