GS attendees thread | Page 7 | Golden Skate

GS attendees thread

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Coyote Chris - You're such a great detective, be sure to let us know if you should happen to learn where 2020 Nats are. I know I'm rushing it, but I'm really curious to know. :thank:

I talked with Jimmy Santee, ear bug guru. It is his personal opinion that the thinking is to maximize ticket sales for Detroit, one must not reveal the next nats, which COULD be in a very nice warm place that would entice people to wait for 2020.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
So happy to meet CherylDee, a very nice lady. All care packages are packed for delivery. Cant wait to meet Solar! Please pick up your care packages at your earliest convienience. I may step out for a bite at 4:52pm after mens as the arena is an overpriced food desert (water is an$4.50). I will make morning ladies practice. Hope Kaori is OK. My section is easy to find. 101 is next to the USFS table. Just to the right of it. I am in the first row . I walk during breaks. If you cant make it to pick up your package, PM Mrs. P and she will text me. Have fun, everyone!

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
So nice to run into everyone, especially Chris! Thank you so much for the media packets, my mother and I had a wonderful time looking through them! I loved watching the events tonight!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
So nice to run into everyone, especially Chris! Thank you so much for the media packets, my mother and I had a wonderful time looking through them! I loved watching the events tonight!

Wonderful to meet you after missing you in Boston. Glad the official GS credentials came in handy. Say hi to mom!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Since there are few people sitting near me, Zach's mom comes and sits near me. Nice of her to keep me company! Or maybe she just wants to be near the ice so she can talk with Maddie and Zach. ;)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Since there are few people sitting near me, Zach's mom comes and sits near me. Nice of her to keep me company! Or maybe she just wants to be near the ice so she can talk with Maddie and Zach. ;)

Sounds like you all are having a great time! :) And the best seats to spot skaters or skaters' families :laugh:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Sounds like you all are having a great time! :) And the best seats to spot skaters or skaters' families :laugh:
Yes, but it is very odd. 5 seats in my front row and only 2 taken. Few people are moving down to take good seats that are empty, yet they were shown as "taken" on website.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Hi! I’m sorry I totally forgot! I was having so much fun that I missed you! Anyways, thanks about the media guide but I don’t think I’ll be able to get it.

Ok! I will leave it and the nats program at the hotel then for the gala. Everyone else picked up theirs. Glad you had fun.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I had an amazing time - so glad I ended up going. I spotted Chris a few times but was too shy to say hello. I hope everyone else had a great time too. Next competition I'll try to take a day or two off of work on each end try to meet more GSers!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I had an amazing time - so glad I ended up going. I spotted Chris a few times but was too shy to say hello. I hope everyone else had a great time too. Next competition I'll try to take a day or two off of work on each end try to meet more GSers!
I am pretty intimidating, looking like Tom Selick and all. ;) Sorry you didnt say hi. I DID see ice coverage which was great. The promoters told me they will be putting in for more skating events, especially Four conts, which would be fine with me.

SkateSand

Rinkside
It was great to meet you, Coyote Chris, and Paul E. I'm sitting here at the airport, waiting for my 2 hours delayed flight to depart - we'll see! Luckily, I always expect delayed flights so give ample time between my connecting flights. Hopefully, 6 hours will be enough. :rolleye:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I am pretty intimidating, looking like Tom Selick and all. ;) Sorry you didnt say hi. I DID see ice coverage which was great. The promoters told me they will be putting in for more skating events, especially Four conts, which would be fine with me.

I hope so! My boyfriend was talking to some of the people working in the arena and apparently we all brought in much more business than they usually do. I'd be happy to go back to move events there.

It was great to meet you, Coyote Chris, and Paul E. I'm sitting here at the airport, waiting for my 2 hours delayed flight to depart - we'll see! Luckily, I always expect delayed flights so give ample time between my connecting flights. Hopefully, 6 hours will be enough. :rolleye:

Yeah, Seattle has had a crazy fog today that's finally clearing up. Apparently the airport briefly suspended all take-offs and landings because of it. It was kind of cool on my ferry commute, though. Hope you made your connection!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Hope you made it out! Crazy fog today. It made the Spokane news as may flights had to be diverted to Spokane. aAtually, there was crazy fog all week except for Thursday. So much for seeing the mountains....Got some good fall shots when I came back over them which I will post.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I hope so! My boyfriend was talking to some of the people working in the arena and apparently we all brought in much more business than they usually do. I'd be happy to go back to move events there.

Yeah, Seattle has had a crazy fog today that's finally clearing up. Apparently the airport briefly suspended all take-offs and landings because of it. It was kind of cool on my ferry commute, though. Hope you made your connection!

While the crowds werent huge, there was enough to make a good economic impact on EV. The Best Western Cascadia made lots of profit which I took care of by eating all those unlimited bacon breakfasts! ;)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I talked with Jimmy Santee, ear bug guru. It is his personal opinion that the thinking is to maximize ticket sales for Detroit, one must not reveal the next nats, which COULD be in a very nice warm place that would entice people to wait for 2020.

Yes, that makes sense. I know they've delayed announcements in the past. I already know I'm going to Detroit and thus far have bought single tickets for Thursday's events. Might wait until I get there to get the rest of my tickets, since the Ticketmaster fees are pretty steep...I'm kind of hoping for Nashville. I'm thinking there's more skating activity there these days, and if we can kick the hockey Predators out for a few days, maybe we can bring in the figure skating.

Seemed like a great crowd at SA this year. The cheering and audience enthusiasm really came through in the broadcasts. Glad everybody had fun. I'm off to Sk Can tomorrow morning.