Happy Thanksgiving | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Happy Thanksgiving

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Happy Thanksgiving all!

Had a turkey casserole, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans. Mother in law made pumpkin and apple pie. Delish! Toddler P loved the pumpkin pie!

I'm thankful for all of you and the opportunity to talk about a sport I enjoy!

meem

On the Ice
Thanks so much, el henry, for the invite. Tell sis to expect all of us next Thanksgiving (and be sure to make that apple crumb pie!) I hope everyone had a great T-day. We're weary of turkey so we grilled burgers & brats and had potato salad. But I'm thankful for lots of things including this forum. I don't have anyone to discuss figure skating with (sheesh! maybe I need to move to Canada?) so it's good to tune in to Golden Skate and find out what's happening. And now, it's almost time for Skate America. I hope they all have their best skates of the season.

snip
There’s always room for one more, so let me know if you’re near Bucks County, Pa next Thanksgiving; I’ll let her know you’re coming. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone:)

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Ok, so I had no idea if "Trash Can Turkey" was a real thing! I had never heard of that before. I'll bet it's delicious!. (What would I do without Google.) http://thetrashcanturkey.com/index.html

Oh, it's great! The turkey turns out golden brown on the outside and tender and juicy inside. And best of all, my oven is not taken up for several hours to roast the turkey! Plus it's a nice division of labor -- DH does the turkey while I work on the other menu items.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Traditional Thanksgiving fare at my house, most of it mentioned here. Lots of veges too, pan roasted and hot and cold salads, fruit included, then my favorite desert, cranberry-apple tart piled high with ginger ice cream and a large mug of hot strong coffee, (to counter tryptophane... hah!!)

This forum is the highlight of my day.. so glad to know everyone celebrated life's blessings had a fun Holiday

Weathergal

Medalist
🦃

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my friends at GS. I’m thankful for the opportunity to have such diverse discussions with people from all parts of the world. I’ve learned a lot about myself and many things about people and places I’ve never been to before. Be kind to each other and take care of yourselves this holiday season no matter where you are.

-Sam

Thank you Sam! In addition to so many other blessings, giving thanks for meeting many wonderful skating fans here on GS!

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans! And I hope everyone else has a great day too.

I am thankful to get to talk about skating with cool people all over the world!

Just waddled back in from my sis’. We were nine, and we had:

Turkey, ham, stuffing, mac n cheese, roasted Brussels sprouts, sweet and sour carrots with pumpkin seeds, grilled butternut squash with craisins and kale, creamed corn, cranberry orange sauce and dinner rolls.

After awaking from our comas, we had apple crumb pie, carrot cake, and peanut butter ripple ice cream.

Errrp! :laugh:

There’s always room for one more, so let me know if you’re near Bucks County, Pa next Thanksgiving; I’ll let her know you’re coming. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone:)

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow American GSers!

Thankful for such a fun and knowledgeable bunch to discuss our favorite sport with! And for pecan pie in my belly, it definitely deserves to be eaten more often.
Hoping all of our favorites skate light out this weekend :clapper:

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Had a turkey casserole, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans. Mother in law made pumpkin and apple pie. Delish! Toddler P loved the pumpkin pie!

I'm thankful for all of you and the opportunity to talk about a sport I enjoy!

What a nice thread - thanks everyone for the warm Thanksgiving greetings and nice comments! :thank: I, too, am very grateful for this forum to talk about figure skating with people who are as passionate about figure skating as I am (and some even more so!), and I absolutely love that there are so many GSers from all over the world. It makes things so much more interesting to get different viewpoints, and I've learned so much about skating and other customs, countries, and more! To me, countries don't matter whether it's the skater I adore or a poster I enjoy reading. :) :hap10:

elhenry, your post made me chuckle. My son and I were visiting my parents, who are in Berks County, for a few days - not toooo far away. I love the traditional Thanksgiving foods, and you add one of my all-time favorite foods period: macaroni and cheese. Wonder if my parents would notice if I stepped out for a bit... :laugh:

It really is wonderful to have a place to talk figure skating - my husband and son don't seem to have room in their vast sports repertoire for skating although at least my son knows that one of my all-time favorite skaters is Stephane Lambiel! :yes2: