Help centering single foot spin | Golden Skate

Help centering single foot spin

yayah917

Spectator
hi dear all,

im an adult skater who skated casually for 2-3 years and started learning more seriously for 1 year. I find spins very difficult, it's very hard to center my spins, or have the momentum to keep the spin. Are there any tips to how to center my spin? I recently upgraded to MK pro blades which initially helped a lot in spins compare to my very old flat beginner blades and I thought I finally grasped the feelings of spins but then lately they seemed to be worse again.

thank you.

MiraiFan

Final Flight
hi dear all,

im an adult skater who skated casually for 2-3 years and started learning more seriously for 1 year. I find spins very difficult, it's very hard to center my spins, or have the momentum to keep the spin. Are there any tips to how to center my spin? I recently upgraded to MK pro blades which initially helped a lot in spins compare to my very old flat beginner blades and I thought I finally grasped the feelings of spins but then lately they seemed to be worse again.

thank you.
Keep working at it and listen to your coach's feedback. Focus on getting a nice long entry edge to hook around into the spin and stand up really straight (I tend to hunch forward). A good core is also super helpful for spins.