Help with double jumps | Golden Skate

Help with double jumps

kikokiko

Spectator
I have been trying to get double jumps off ice for the past two months, yet nothing seems to be working. I have tried pulling in tighter and jumping higher yet i cant seem to get any more than one rotation. Sometimes i am able to do 1.25 of a rotation, but i can never land it. When i look at videos of other people jumping doubles, they seem to not be jumping that high off the ground, and instead are able to rotate quickly. I don’t understand how to rotate as quickly. if anyone has any advice, it would be appreciated! :)

Elija

On the Ice
I have been trying to get double jumps off ice for the past two months, yet nothing seems to be working. I have tried pulling in tighter and jumping higher yet i cant seem to get any more than one rotation. Sometimes i am able to do 1.25 of a rotation, but i can never land it. When i look at videos of other people jumping doubles, they seem to not be jumping that high off the ground, and instead are able to rotate quickly. I don’t understand how to rotate as quickly. if anyone has any advice, it would be appreciated! :)
Can you do a double rotation off ice? If not, I would definitely practice that with your coach.

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
What does your coach say? Are you trying doubles on the ice yet? If you're doing either without the help of a coach, you're risking injury and major technique problems going forward.

Elija

On the Ice
Oops, I misread that as doing in ice! Definitely work with a coach to work on quickness and snap into the jump and make sure arms and legs and everything is working together.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
What does your coach say? Are you trying doubles on the ice yet? If you're doing either without the help of a coach, you're risking injury and major technique problems going forward.
Agree with this OP, and then also, it really varies with skaters and their techniques and abilities some jump not far off ice, some jump big.