Help with Edea boot size? | Golden Skate

Help with Edea boot size?

hannahs.ice.eating

Spectator
Country
Australia
Hi everyone, I'm looking to get my first pair of Edea's soon (I'll be getting Overture), these will be my first pair of proper skates moving out of my starter skates which are too big for me and I'm so confused on the sizing. I can't get it properly sized as the nearest skate shop to me is well over an hour away so I have to order online. My foot measures at 240mm so I thought I would get the 245 size but the website I'm ordering from has street shoe size comparisons and the 245 would be way too small compared to my street shoe size? I have no idea what I am doing and really don't want to spend hundreds on new skates only for them to not fit at all, any help would be greatly appreciated :)

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Hi everyone, I'm looking to get my first pair of Edea's soon (I'll be getting Overture), these will be my first pair of proper skates moving out of my starter skates which are too big for me and I'm so confused on the sizing. I can't get it properly sized as the nearest skate shop to me is well over an hour away so I have to order online. My foot measures at 240mm so I thought I would get the 245 size but the website I'm ordering from has street shoe size comparisons and the 245 would be way too small compared to my street shoe size? I have no idea what I am doing and really don't want to spend hundreds on new skates only for them to not fit at all, any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Welcome to the forum!

I also wear Edeas , know my size, and every single time I need new skates I travel way more than 1 hour to my skate shop/fitter to once again be fitted and buy them.

There are many measurements that must be taken into consideration for proper fitting, it's not only a comparison between street shoes (or trainers) and the skates. Lenght of each foot, width of each foot, also your 2 feet might not be exactly the same, so you might need some customization that only a professional fitter (and official Edea dealer if you are buying Edeas) can provide for you in person, not online.

I am not a professional fitter but follow my coaches's advice to never, ever buy skates online.
Have you spoken to your coach and asked for recommendations, too?

I think that taking a day to visit a professional fitter and get properly fitted in person may save you all kinds of problems in the future.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi and welcome. If you have a good pro fitter an hour from you, you should really find a way to do so in person. That is the best way to get the fit, measured, foot traced and know what brand is best for your foot. You don't even know (from the info we have) that your foot is for EDEA. It could fit something else better.
Also, b/c someone else mentioned it, I need to point out that not all coaches know what's best regarding skates for their student and their needs/feet. And don't try to compare street shoe size to skate size.

Good luck!

Last edited:

orianna

Rinkside
Hello like everyone said above please go to a fitter who can properally fit you for skates. An hour away is not that bad I know people who travel 2 hours for a fitter and to go to their rink. But you said your old skates were to big so going to a fitter is you best to not make that mistake a agian if you did buy them online. Also your feet may not be good for Edea.

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
My fitter is 5 hours away. I've been skating for over 40 years, used to teach (still do when requested by another coach) and know what fits and what doesn't, but I still go to my fitter when I need new skates. I learned the hard way, that even with decades of experience, a good professional fitter is worth the travel and expense and actually saves you time, money and pain - possibly even injury. And skates often require adjustment after you've skated in them a while, as you can find that maybe they need punching out at the toe or ankle, or a blade needs moving slightly. This obviously isn't possible if you've bought them online and it will cost you more to take them to a skate fitter/tech to have the work done if you didn't buy from them in the first place.

If you let us know where you are in the world, we can almost certainly recommend a good fitter for you.

hannahs.ice.eating

Spectator
Country
Australia
My fitter is 5 hours away. I've been skating for over 40 years, used to teach (still do when requested by another coach) and know what fits and what doesn't, but I still go to my fitter when I need new skates. I learned the hard way, that even with decades of experience, a good professional fitter is worth the travel and expense and actually saves you time, money and pain - possibly even injury. And skates often require adjustment after you've skated in them a while, as you can find that maybe they need punching out at the toe or ankle, or a blade needs moving slightly. This obviously isn't possible if you've bought them online and it will cost you more to take them to a skate fitter/tech to have the work done if you didn't buy from them in the first place.

If you let us know where you are in the world, we can almost certainly recommend a good fitter for you.
I am around QLD Australia, thanks for the help : )