Holiday "Wishlist" for the rest of the skating season | Golden Skate

Holiday "Wishlist" for the rest of the skating season

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
what are you hoping will happen after the holidays? What do you want "Santa" to bring to your favorite skaters?

I'm hoping Melissa and Denis rock out at Nationals and again at worlds and blow the audiences away!

I'm also hoping that Angela makes the US World Team... :agree:

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
A kidney transplant for Irina's mom. Honest, incorruptible judges for all skaters and fans. I also want Irina and Michelle to tie for gold at Worlds in March.

elingrace4eva

Rinkside
everyone to recover.

sasha to skate two perfect programs at nats and two perfect programs at worlds. after that, whatever happens happens.

johnny winning nats and placing at worlds.

all the skaters to be healthy and happy. as well as their families being healthy and happy.

brad640

On the Ice
That Michelle gives memorable performances at Nationals and Worlds;
That Stephane Lambiel makes it to Europeans and Worlds and has great skates;
That there will be at least a couple of great surprises at Worlds.

Eeyora

Final Flight
For Michelle to have 3/3's and give stellar performaces and to silence her critics again.

Fair judging as well

Olderbear

Rinkside
First, of course, that all skaters get past their physical problems and are 100%healthy.

That Tim, having regained his health, brings back the quads to Nationals, thus "forcing" Johnny to at least attempt one. I'll give Johnny the edge on presentation, but with 6.0 judging I'm not so sure he'll be a shoo-in....IF Tim skates a clean long with 2 quads. (If this were COP I'd have to say, though, that Johnny would have the edge.)

I'd like to see Sasha give us a clean, long program, in both Nationals and Worlds.
I'm running out of patience waiting for the "big skate."

I wish Michelle the best skates of her life with Bolero. I have a very stong feeling that this may be her swan song.

I wish Irina the best at Worlds. But if she wins, I hope it's not a walk-away.

I'd like to see Belbin & Agosto make the podium at Worlds.

I'd like, but don't expect, to see the US pairs program improve, and that means a pair way beyond what we have now.

Lastly, I'd like to see some totally honest judging...devoid of national bias & holding up skaters that shouldn't be.

Oh, wait a minute! My really last wish is that Michael Weiss would just retire from eligible skating.....and go away.

Ninjagirl

Rinkside
Well, if I could make a wish . . .

I wish that T.Totmianina and M.Marinin get to do a great performance at the European and World Championships. After her horrible accident, let's just see how far it can take them!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
John King said:
Does my wish for the Anjelika Krylova Bikini Calender count?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My wish is for Chait & Sakhnovsky to medal at Worlds! I think they've been punished long enough for something that had absolutely nothing to do with their actions. They're skating beautifully this year!

I'd definately like to see Santa help all the injured skaters heal.

Besides that:
Great skates for Sasha Cohen, Jenny Kirk and Angela Nikodinov at Nat's and then at least one USA lady on the podium at Worlds.
Great skates for Weir, as well as Jahnke, Bradley, Lysacek if they are participating, at Nats.
A spot on the podium at Worlds for Weir.
I'd be thrilled to see Belbin/Agosto win gold at Nats AND Worlds.

And I hope I get to shake Katia Gordeeva's hand at the Philly SOI show.

Shame on me, but I'd have to second that wish for Santa to take Michael Weiss away.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
NJSk8Fan said:
Shame on me, but I'd have to second that wish for Santa to take Michael Weiss away.
May be Santa can make him his helper! ;)

icenut84

Final Flight
I agree with the wish for all injured or hurt skaters to recover and be fit again.

- Totmianina & Marinin to overcome the accident and feel able to skate to their potential at Euros and Worlds (and Russian Nats, if they go).
- All the judging at Euros and Worlds to be honest and fair.
- Stephane Lambiel to medal at Euros and Worlds with great skates.
- Viktoria Pavuk to continue the form she had at Euros last year and to take it into Worlds too.
- Fumie Suguri to get back to where she was in the rankings and again be challenging for World medals.
- A great pairs comp between S&Z and T&M at Worlds (with S&Z landing the quad throw). And great performances from the rest of the pairs too, to spice up the competition, especially from Zhang&Zhang and Obertas&Slavnov.
- A mens comp that is as good as last year's and that builds on it.
- A ladies comp that is as exciting and unpredictable as it promises to be.
- A dance competition with fair judging and movement through the competition where there should be.
- Each gold medal winner to have the skate of their life :)
- Sasha and Michelle to both at least attempt a 3-3, and to fill out their programmes a bit so neither does one as empty as their last year's LPs.
- Kevin van der Perren, Faiella & Scali, Kerr & Kerr to move up the rankings. And for Julia Sebestyen to challenge at Euros and to have some great skates.
- Irina to continue the way she's going :)

Johar

Medalist
For Fedor Andreev to become the skater that I know he can be.

For Belbin and Augusto to win Gold at the Worlds.

For Sasha to have a big skate free of silly errors that keep holding her back.

For Irina Slutkaya's mother to have a successful kidney transplant.

For Jennifer Robinson to keep improving and growing as a skater.

For Tim Goebel to be free of injuries.

For Naomi Nari Nam to come back to skating.

Jhar55

Medalist
My wish would be a hug from Todd at SOI in Nashville, I've got the front row seat.
Michelle to get her 3/3's win national and worlds.
For the networks to give us more live skating, just like they do other sports. :rock:

S

SkateFan4Life

I would wish that all of the skaters skate their best at their respective national championships and the Worlds.

I would wish that the judges score the events fairly, based on the actual performance, not reputation (!), and that the skaters perform so well that they have a difficult time ranking the skaters. Let there be no more pre-ordained results.

I would wish that all skaters recover from injuries as soon as possible.

I would wish that all skaters remain injury-free. No more sprains, back injuries, and the like.

I would wish that skaters and their coaches work together harmoniously.

Kuchana

On the Ice
Olderbear said:
I wish Michelle the best skates of her life with Bolero. I have a very stong feeling that this may be her swan song.

Huh? Where did you get that idea?

Like everyone else here, I hope all of the skaters are able to remain injury free and skate their best.

Kasey

Medalist
I wish return to health for all those with injuries! Yikes, too many of them! :(

And specifically, I wish an uninjured back and increased self-confidence to Andrei Griazev, to have a blast at Russian Nationals and beyond! :)

Kasey